A Wee Experiment was a minor event that began on October 13, 2020 and ended on November 04, 2020. It consisted of the player doing challenges for Horizon in return for getting a Gravity Lift Keycard for the Gravity Lifts placed around Kings Canyon and World's Edge at the start of Season 6. The player then tested these Gravity Lifts. There were six Gravity Lifts per map and two were unlocked each week.
To start the event, the player had to enter the Firing Range and interact with the screen.
To activate the gravity lifts, the player had to complete the following requirements:
- Deal 10 damage while mid air.
- Get 10 knockdowns.
- Outlive 120 opponents.
After finishing the challenges, the player must return to the Firing Range and interact with the screen to grab the Gravity Lift Keycard.
Week 1 Challenges
- Activate the gravity lifts in Airbase and Repulsor within King's Canyon
- Activate the gravity lifts in Refinery and Skyhook within World's Edge
Week 2 Challenges
- Activate the gravity lifts in The Cage and Watchtower North within King's Canyon
- Activate the gravity lifts in Train Yard and Sorting Factory within World's Edge
Week 3 Challenges
- Activate the gravity lifts in Artillery Battery within King's Canyon (2)
- Activate the gravity lifts in Fragment West within World's Edge (2)
After completing the challenges, the player shall go back to Firing Range and interact with the screen. Dr. Mary Somers (Horizon) will introduce herself. Then, the player must return to the lobby to receive rewards (a "Horizon's Test Subject" badge and a "NEWT" weapon charm).
- Weapon Charm
- This event was a teaser for Horizon and her abilities. It revealed her name, her model, and her drone, NEWT.
- Horizon introduced herself at the end of completing the challenges of the first week. However, according to dataminers, this was unintentional and it was actually meant to be shown after the player completed all of the challenges from all three weeks. As a result, Horizon was revealed as the next Legend unusually early.