|August 13, 2019 Patch|
|Octane flying around Octane's Gauntlet.|
|Previous patch||July 16, 2019 Patch|
|Next patch||September 03, 2019 Patch|
The August 13, 2019 Patch is a major patch.
- New Event: Iron Crown - runs Aug 13 - Aug 27
- Limited time mode: Solos
- Event Challenges with Free Loot
- Iron Crown event store
- New Heirloom for Bloodhound, featuring the Raven's Bite melee weapon
- Town Takeover: Octane's Gauntlet
- Low Profile Legends
- Bangalore, Pathfinder, Caustic, Gibraltar & Bloodhound: Fixed a bug where activating a healing item would cancel the Ultimate for Legends that need to prime it.
- Tracker: Increased the distance that Bloodhound can see traversal clues left by other players [but not other kinds of clues] to 25 meters.
- Eye of the Allfather: Adjusted the area of effect to 125 FOV.
- Based on player feedback, we’ve reduced the “hum” audio that’s playing while using it.
- Fixed issue where actions for Wraith would have a slight delay when her weapon is holstered and crouching or sliding while it is equipped.
- Into the Void: Fixed an exploit that allowed players to remove the cooldown.
- Vanishing Act: Fixed bug where Mirage was able to stay invisible and still be able to shoot and melee when using it on a zipline.
- Launch Pad: Fixed bug where sometimes the launch pad would not launch the player.
- Adjusted magazine size for all tiers from 15 / 18 / 21 / 24 to 16 / 19 / 22 / 25.[note 2]
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil. Slightly increased recoil pattern randomness.[note 3]
Quality of life
- Added option to spectate enemies after dying.
- Added option to “Invite Squad” in the Squad Tab.
- Added a Death Recap to the end of match summary that will display a damage summary of your last battle.
- Improved the UI during the Match Summary to better show Battle Pass progression.
- Added in-game survey.[note 5]
- Fixes that should improve overall game stability to reduce crashes.
- Fixed an exploit where players would sometimes be able to still shoot while downed.
- Fixed issue where assigned challenges not resetting properly and giving rewards.
- Fixed bug causing incorrect calculation of Kill/Death Ratio in player stats.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a Care Package would clip into map geometry.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes showing Apex Predator ranked players RP as zero when viewing the badge in the Lobby.
- Fixed issue with players having connection issues when trying to join a squad that has already played a match.
- Fixed issue where Daily and Weekly Challenges would reset earlier than communicated in the game.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Arc Stars would attach to players and some objects at a distance and appear to float off of them.
- Fixed bug where sometimes Arc Stars would not explode or do no damage when it detonates.
- Fixed issue with players sometimes unable to unlock the “Double Duty” Badge.
- Fixed bug where sometimes using a healing item while experiencing bad ping would cause them to heal for twice as much.
- Players should no longer lose RP when experiencing a server crash or disconnect in Ranked Mode.
- Fixed issue where squadmates could not ping a friendly Wraith portal.
- Fixed issue where players could pull other players out of a match by joining them, and then joining another friend from the Lobby.
- Fixed issue where sometimes a player would get left behind from their squad in the Lobby after they enter a match.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes get a “Party Not Ready” error message even though they were no longer in a party.
- [Xbox Only] Fixed bug where players would sometimes not receive “The Player” achievement when hitting level 50.
- This should more closely match the behavior of the other Legends.
- We’re giving the RE-45 a small boost in power by giving it one more round for every mag size. Downing a non-fortified enemy with the RE-45 with 0, 50, 75, and 100 shields requires 10, 14, 16, and 19 shots respectively, so this extra round gives the gun the ability to one-mag more armored enemies instead of leaving them barely alive.
- We’ve made these changes as we’ve seen that the R301 is a bit stronger than intended at long range. We’ve adjusted recoil to balance keeping it effective at medium to close range--which is the original intent--but it should be more difficult for players to auto-fire and still laser enemies at long distances.
- Disruptor Rounds on the Alternator are shredding shields a bit too quickly and still proving to be stronger than intended, so we're reducing the disruptor rounds multiplier on shield damage.
- While playing you may get a prompt that will pop up asking if you enjoyed the last match. This data will be helpful to us so please provide your input when you see it.