|“||It is a gift to be an Apex Legend, but the true test is in the eyes of the Allfather. Each day brings me closer to honoring my felagi fighters who have put their lives ahead of my own. For them, I am prepared to face every challenge no matter what form the beast of the night chooses to take. As the prey stalks, the hunter hunts. Trust in nature, trust in yourself - that is the path to victory.|
|Tactical Ability||Eye of the Allfather|
|Ultimate Ability||Beast of the Hunt|
|Voice Actor||Allegra Clark|
Bloodhound is a Legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Bloodhound is a fast-paced Recon Legend great at pushing the enemy in their base. Their Tracker can be used to find where enemies have gone, and Eye of the Allfather will reveal hidden enemies and traps. Lastly, Beast of the Hunt causes Bloodhound to gain speed and highlights their enemies.
Bloodhound is known across the Outlands as one of the greatest game hunters the Frontier has ever seen. The child of two engineers stationed at the New Dawn industrial plant on Talos, Bloodhound was taken in by their uncle Artur after a meltdown destroyed the facility and killed both their parents. Artur taught them the "Old Ways", a belief system that focuses on the glory of nature and rejects modern technology. Yet Bloodhound was constantly drawn to technological marvels, and ultimately used both new and old methods to take down a Goliath that preyed on the people of their village, forever changing their life’s path.
Bloodhound's unparalleled tracking skills are a boon to any team they join, helping them root out hidden opponents and track enemy movements. Calling on Earth's Old Norse Gods to guide them, Bloodhound believes that destiny is a path that has already been laid out, eventually carrying all to their death. But with that knowledge comes strength, because until that day comes, Bloodhound knows they can't be stopped.
Eye of the Allfather
|Eye of the Allfather|
|Description||Briefly reveal enemies, traps, and clues through all structures in front of you.|
- In a 125° cone in front of you, all enemies, traps, clues, and Loot Ticks are highlighted and tracked to be seen by you and your allies.
- The maximum distance it will highlight is 75 meters.
- It will also tell you how many hostiles were detected. With the maxed number of detected hostiles being 10, any higher will read as "10+ HOSTILES DETECTED".
- Enemies caught in the scan will see 'SONAR DETECTED' on their HUD.
- It takes 1.8s for the ability to activate.
- While using Beast of the Hunt, this ability's cooldown and the activation time is faster at 8 seconds and .9 seconds respectively.
- The tracking lasts for 4 seconds on players. Traps and Loot Ticks will remain highlighted for as long as they exist.
- Squadmates can also see any scanned enemies or traps.
- Upon activation, the visual effect generated by the sonar is seen by everyone, including your teammates and enemies. While you can see the enemy and their traps, they'll know you're nearby as well.
- While in the Firing Range with friendly-fire on, scanning your teammates and then turning off friendly fire will make them stay scanned for the duration of their stay.
- In rare cases, the ability can deflect certain items such as grenades or Horizon's Black Hole, even though the scan should be a visual effect.
|Description||Foes leave behind clues for you to find.|
- Actions performed by enemies leave markers that Bloodhound can see. See below for all actions that leave evidence.
- Clues will note how long ago they occurred, and vanish after 90 seconds.
- Bloodhound can ping clues for teammates, either as Someone's Been Here or Recent Battle Here
- While following trails of clues, Bloodhound can also see ravens manifest around enemy tracks.
- When going near tracks, you can call them out to your squadmates using a ping to share your knowledge with them.
- Red Tracks are fresh tracks and the enemy is likely nearby.
- Grey Tracks are old tracks. The enemy hasn't been in that area in about a minute.
Enemy has passed through here.
Enemy has slid through here.
Enemy climbed this ledge.
Enemy dropped from this edge.
Enemy took this zipline.
Enemy dropped from this zipline.
Enemy opened/closed this door.
Enemy destroyed this door.
Enemy fired a weapon here.
Enemy reloaded a weapon here.
|Killed by [Weapon]
Enemy was killed with [weapon] here.
|Killer with [Weapon]|
Enemy got a kill with [weapon] here.
Enemy threw a grenade from here.
Enemy took damage here.
Enemy used a healing item here.
A downed enemy crawled through here.
Enemy placed a non-trap ability here.
Enemy Wraith phased here.
Enemy Wraith stopped phasing here.
A Smoke Launcher was fired here.
Nox Gas traps or grenades were used here.
|Perimeter Security Destroyed
A Perimeter Security Node was destroyed here.
|Interception Pylon Destroyed
An Interception Pylon was destroyed here.
|Loot Bin Opened|
This supply bin was opened.
|[Item] Picked Up
Enemy picked up an item here.
Enemy swapped their weapon or gear here.
Enemy dropped an item here.
This care package was opened.
Beast of the Hunt
|Beast of the Hunt|
|Description||Transform into the ultimate hunter. Enhances your senses, allowing you to see cold tracks and move faster. Knockdowns extend duration.|
|Charge time||180 seconds|
- Lasts 35 seconds, and remains active even when downed.
- Downing (not killing) enemies will add 5 to 15 seconds to Beast of the Hunt timer. The seconds added to the timer depend on the remaining duration of the ability.
- While active, Eye of the Allfather's cooldown is reduced to 8 seconds and its activation time is reduced to 0.9 seconds
- Increases your speed by 30%.
- Your vision turns black and white, except for enemies, which are highlighted in red.
- Enemy footprints are also highlighted in red.
- Certain things will retain a little color, including the edge of The Ring, grenade explosions, and various enemy abilities respectively.
- Teammates are highlighted in blue.
- While active, you can see enemies through Bangalore's or Caustic smokes.
- Since footsteps are tracked, Beast of the Hunt is a great way of finishing off a weakened enemy or finding a hiding foe.
- Since enemies are highlighted in all red, it's much easier to see them from long to extreme range. This makes Beast of the Hunt a great scouting and sniping skill.
- Seeing in black and white only can be troublesome concerning stuff on the ground or enemies' shields, which you cannot see the color (and so, the level).
- When activated Bloodhound makes a noise that nearby enemies can hear. Don't activate it if you are trying to be sneaky as it can give away the general area you are in.
- Take advantage of the faster activation speed and cooldown of Eye of the Allfather while this ability is active and scan away.
|Description||Scan a Survey Beacon to reveal the Ring's next location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
- A survey beacon can be used again when the next round starts.
There are a total of 65 Legend skins for Bloodhound; 17 Legendary, 7 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Tortured Souls Bundle.
Deep Blue[note 1]
- Was originally named Greatness Awaits.
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Raven's Bite.
- A Banner Pose: Glory Hound.
- An Intro Quip: "I honor those who've risen, not those who've fallen.".
- Bloodhound has been confirmed as non-binary and using they/them pronouns by Respawn Community Manager Jay Frechette, Bloodhound's voice actress Allegra Clark, and Narrative Director Mohammad Alavi.
- Bloodhound's Scan ability is loosely derived from Titanfall 2's Pulse Blade.However, instead of throwing a sonic Kunai to reveal nearby enemies. Bloodhound's "Wrist Scanner" reveals enemies in a wide cone in front of Them.
- Bloodhound is often seen with a raven named Artur, likely a reference to Huginn and Muninn, ravens from Norse mythology that travel the world and give the information they find to Odin. It is named after Bloodhound's uncle. He appears to share his namesake's disdain for technology, as he often attacks Pathfinder.
- The official Twitter account once incorrectly tweeted out that the raven's name is "Arthur". However, an in-game Rare charm of the bird confirms it is spelled "Artur". Interestingly, the same spelling error was made again in the original official subtitles of "The Old Ways" short, though for Bloodhound's uncle and not the raven, and was corrected to "Artur" a few days after release.
- Bloodhound regularly references Old Norse language and mythology with the words they use and their accent. Examples of these are:
- Saying "slátra" ("Slaughter" in Old Norse) in their trailer and voice quips, calling enemies "andskoti" ("devil") and referring to their raven/teammates as "Félagi Fighter(s)" (Old Norse: "Félagi", meaning companion or partner)
- Making numerous references the Allfather, a commonly used kenning for the Norse god Odin.
- Bloodhound was originally intended to appear in the Titanfall series and can be found in The Art of Titan Fall 2 by Andy McVittie 
- Because Bloodhound keeps their identity a secret, Bloodhound is rumored to be fabulously wealthy, a bloodthirsty murderer, a Goliath whisperer, a former slave, half bat, and a dozen other things depending on who's doing the whispering.
- Bloodhound joined the Apex Games in its 121st season and has been crowned the Apex Champion three times.
A page from The Art of Titanfall, showing that Bloodhound was designed long before Apex Legends.
- Bloodhound Loading Screen Text "Ravenous"
- Apex Legends: Two Playable Characters Are LGBTQ, Says EA
- Allegra Clark on Twitter
- Every Legend in Apex Legends Explained By Respawn | WIRED
- Archived Character Page
- Apex Legends Opening Cinematic
- The Art of Titanfall