|Adaptable SMG. Uses light and heavy ammo.|
|Type||Sub machine gun|
|Ammo type||Heavy/Light Rounds|
|Damage & Tactical|
|13||20 (1.5×)||10 (0.8×)|
|Rate of fire ()||930|
|Damage per second||202|
|Magazine size||20 / 22 / 24 / 27|
|Tac reload time||1.7 / 1.64 / 1.59 / 1.53|
|Full reload time||2.13 / 2.06 / 1.99 / 1.92|
The CAR is compatible with two Extended Mags, Heavy and Light, although only one of them can be equipped at any given time. Regardless, the magazine gets extended even if the ammo type currently in use doesn't match the Extended Mag type.
When a CAR spawns, it is always surrounded by Heavy Rounds, its primary ammo type.
- Barrel Stabilizer (Common, Rare, Epic)
- Extended Heavy Mag / Extended Light Mag (Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Standard Stock (Common, Rare, Epic)
|Target||Modifiers||Damage||Shots to kill|
|100 HP||150 HP||175 HP||200 HP||225 HP|
|Extended Heavy Mag||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|1x HCOG "Classic"||✔||✔||✔|
|1x-2x Variable Holo||✔||✔|
|2x HCOG “Bruiser”||✔||✔|
|1x Digital Threat||✔||✔|
|id||car||How the weapon is referred to in the files.|
|fire_rate||15.4||Expressed in rounds per second.|
|projectile_launch_speed||18500||Expressed in hammer units per second. Equals to 469 m/s.|
|headshot_distance||1500||Distance at which shots can no longer deal headshots. Expressed in hammer units per second, equals to 38 meters.|
|spread_stand_hip||1.8||Hipfire spread radius while standing.|
|spread_stand_hip_run||2||Hipfire spread radius while walking.|
|spread_stand_hip_sprint||2.2||Hipfire spread radius while sprinting.|
|spread_crouch_hip||1||Hipfire spread radius while crouching.|
|spread_air_hip||3.2||Hipfire spread radius while in the air.|
|deployfirst_time||1.1||Time before the weapon can be fired after first picking it up. Expressed in seconds.|
There are a total of 46 skins for the C.A.R. SMG: 8 Legendary, 7 Epic, 15 Rare, and 16 Common.
Judgement Day[note 1]
- Included in the Ash Launch Bundle.
- Part of the C.A.R. SMG icon appeared in an UI asset showing the weapon's stock in the buy menu for Arenas, indicating that the weapon might've already had an icon stylized in the Apex style in Season 9. The icon can be seen in a video showing how to upgrade weapons in Arenas that got posted on the official website.
- The C.A.R. had a defined recoil pattern way before its release.