|Main game content|
|“||Yes, I've heard about criminals posing as Legends, and they're as derivative as they are pathetic. Take this prison break. I admit there are similarities to my modus operandi, but the cloud formations... that's where they went wrong. My gas wafts through the air as if dancing with death. Not like the spray of some hick fireman's two-decade-old extinguisher, as shown here. Anybody with a tenth of my brainpower can see this for what it is: amateurs playing dress-up in a desperate attempt to gain notoriety. But considering your banal, lackluster brand which you dare call 'journalism'? A tenth of my intellect is giving you far too much credit. Do you have any more questions that might illuminate your ignorance? Very well. Enjoy your day.|
|Real Name||Alexander Maxwell Nox|
|Alias||Dr. Mikhail Caustic|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 2685|
|Tactical Ability||Nox Gas Trap|
|Passive Ability||Nox Vision|
|Ultimate Ability||Nox Gas Grenade|
|Voice Actor||JB Blanc|
Caustic is a deadly Legend with poisonous gas-based abilities. His tactical ability Nox Gas Trap places canisters that fire out toxic gas when damaged or when an enemy comes near them. His passive ability Nox Vision highlights enemies that are in the gas. His ultimate ability Nox Gas Grenade throws a grenade that fires toxic gas in a large area around it.
Nox Gas Trap
|Nox Gas Trap|
|Description||Place up to 6 canisters that release deadly Nox gas when shot or triggered by enemies.|
- You can hold up to three charges of this ability, and gain one charge every 25 seconds. Up to six traps can be active on the map at once, and you're able to pick up unactivated traps to regain a charge.
- When an enemy gets close to a trap, it releases a cloud of gas that deals damage per second to enemies caught within, ignoring shields.
- The barrel lasts 11 seconds. After the barrel expires, the gas lingers for 2 additional seconds.
- Each damage tick deals 5 damage to start, then ramps up by 1 every other tick. (e.g. 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, etc.)
- Each additional source of gas damage will only increase the DPS by 1.
- On downed enemies, this damage rate stays at a flat 5/sec.
- Bullets striking the top of a trap will also cause it to go off. However, shooting the base will destroy it without releasing gas.
- Enemies will be slowed inside the gas and are unable to sprint. Squadmates aren't affected by this.
- The traps have 150 HP.
- If the trap has been activated, the gas will linger for 2 seconds after the destruction of the barrel.
- The traps can float away when thrown in moving water.
|Description||You gain threat vision on enemies moving though your gas.|
Nox Gas Grenade
|Nox Gas Grenade|
|Description||Blankets a large area in Nox gas.|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- Lasts 15 seconds.
- Other than the wider area of effect, the gas's function is identical to that of Nox Gas Traps.
- You can also use this ability to block chokepoints or cover/punish revives.
|Description||Incoming damage reduced by 15%. Not slowed by bullets.|
- Take 15% less damage from every attack, except headshots.
|“||Alexander Nox used to be one of the brightest scientists in the employ of Humbert Labs, the Frontier’s leading manufacturer of pesticide gases. Nox worked day and night developing new formulas for the glut of pesticides needed to protect the crops that sustained the Outlands. But he soon realized that progress was being hampered by his testing methods. He needed to test on more than just inert tissue: he needed living subjects.
As he toiled in secret, Nox began to see the beauty in his creations and their ability to destroy anything they touched. But the head of Humbert Labs soon discovered his gruesome experiments, and their confrontation ended with the lab in flames. Now, competing under the name Caustic, he puts his gaseous creations to work in the Apex Games and observes their effects with great interest.
There are a total of 74 Legend skins for Caustic; 22 Legendary, 11 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
Story of Caustic:
- Blackheart: Alexander Nox denies involvement an infamous prison break on Gaia asserting the culprit was merely lookalike. However, the individual who corroborated his account can no longer be located.
- Necrosis: Caustic, sensing his death was imminent, at one point sought to become a Simulacrum. His project proposal was rejected after the results of his psychological exam proved troubling.
The set contains:
- A Banner Pose: Hammer Time
- A Melee weapon skin: Death Hammer - A hammer with a skull at the back equipped with Nox gas.
- An Intro Quip: "I look forward to getting my hands on you."
- Noxious Discovery - 1,200
- Take Notes - 1,200
- Design Flaw - 400
- Sample Testing - Default
- Knockout Gas - Level 75
King of the Jungle
- Included in the Silverback Bundle.
- For some reason, Caustic's eyes previously appeared to glow in the dark under certain circumstances. It is currently unknown why, but it could have had to do with his Nox Vision passive ability.
- As explained by writer Tom Casiello, the Nox Gas is a corrosive gas, that eats through clothes, skin, and metal, unless countered by a chemical compound only he possesses so it doesn't affect him, which explains why the gas still affects Pathfinder, Bloodhound, Revenant, and Ash.
- An inappropriate voice line between Caustic and Crypto was removed in the September 03, 2020 Patch; where Caustic says as thanks to Crypto, “You’ll regret the day you crossed me, gutter rat,” due to the word “rat” being a derogatory term towards Asians.
- During the 3rd Anniversary collection event, two skins were released based on Caustic's Blackheart skin - Golden Guardian for Gibraltar and No Chill for Revenant.
Death report for Alexander Nox. of Caustic.
Early concept art of Caustic.
Concept art of Caustic.
Model of Caustic's head, showing his face.
Concept art of the Nox Gas Traps.
Concept art of Caustic's Prince of Darkness skin.
Concept art of Caustic's The Trophy Hunter skin.
Concept art of Caustic's Killing Joke skin.
- Caustic Loading Screen Text "Blackheart's Rage"
- From Pathfinder's Quest, chapter 9
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Prog Wang on Artstation
- Kejun Wang on Artstation
- William Cho on Artstation
- Danny Gardner on Artstation