Cosmetics are contents that can be acquired to further customize the player's experience. These items are entirely cosmetic and do not grant any competitive advantage.
Cosmetics can be acquired from Apex Packs, purchased directly with Crafting Metals or Heirloom Shards through their specific sections, or sometimes purchased from the Store with Apex Coins or Legend Tokens.
Rarities[edit | edit source]
Cosmetics come in 5 rarities, each of which has a different cost associated with it:
- Common cosmetics cost 30.
- Rare cosmetics cost 60 or 500 when purchased from the Store.
- Epic cosmetics cost 400 or 1,000 ( 500 for Charms) when purchased from the Store.
- Legendary cosmetics cost 1,200 or 1,800 ( 700 for Charms) when purchased from the Store.
- Heirloom cosmetics cost 150.
Categories[edit | edit source]
- Legend and Weapon Skins: skins that change the appearance of Legends or weapons. Common skins have flat coloration, Rare skins have more complex patterns, Epic skins have animated patterns, and Legendary skins alter the model.
- Melee Weapon Skins: unique melee weapons that are only available as Heirlooms and can be equipped through the skins menu for the Legend whose Heirloom has been unlocked.
- Charms: small trinkets that can be attached to the side of a weapon.
- Skydive Emotes: emotes that can be performed while skydiving. They are equipped automatically upon being unlocked, and they can be performed by selecting them through the emote wheel. If a Legend only has one Skydive Emote, the emote wheel won't appear.
- Skydive Trails: trails that change the particle the jetpacks equipped on every Legend emit when skydiving. These are only obtained as rewards for Diamond and above Ranked Leagues Tiers.
- Finishers: animations that change the way a Legend finishes an opponent.
- Banner cosmetics: alter the appearance of the banner that appears after the Legend selection, the Champion announcement, and the stands appearing in various points of the maps.
- Banner Frames: change the background of the banner. Common and Rare frames stay inside the frame, Epic frames stick out of the frame, and Legendary frames have dynamic animations.
- Banner Poses: change the Legend's pose. Common and Rare poses are static while Epic and Heirloom poses are animated.
- Badges: diamond shaped icons that show the player's personal achievements. Up to three can be equipped.
- Stat Trackers: counters that display Legend-specific statistics. Common trackers are available for any legend, while Rare trackers are Legend-specific or seasonal.
- Quips: voice lines played by a Legend on certain occasions or when manually selected through the emote wheel.
- Intro Quips: voice lines played by a Legend when announced as the Champion. Rare Intro Quips also produce a sound related to the Legend's abilities.
- Kill Quips: voice lines played by a Legend when killing an opponent.
- Loading Screens: images displayed when the player is loading into a match.
- Music Packs: change the music that is played in the lobby and while dropping into an arena.
- Holo-Sprays: holograms that can be used by throwing them on the ground to taunt other players. Legendary Holo-Sprays also have a dynamic animation.
- Emotes: short animations a Legend can perform, upon which the camera turns into third person until the animation has finished, with the Anti-Peek system preventing the player from seeing enemies that can't normally be seen in first person. While Rare Emotes are simple animations, both Epic and Legendary ones are more complex and usually involve the Legend's abilities.