Cosmetics are contents that can be acquired to further customize the player's experience. These items are entirely cosmetic and do not grant any competitive advantage.
Cosmetics can be acquired from Apex Packs, purchased directly with Crafting Metals or Heirloom Shards through their specific sections, or sometimes purchased from the Store with Apex Coins or Legend Tokens.
Cosmetics come in 5 rarities, each of which has a different cost associated with it:
- Common cosmetics cost 30.
- Rare cosmetics cost 60 or 500 when purchased from the Store.
- Epic cosmetics cost 400 or 1,000 when purchased from the Store.
- Weapon Charms cost 500 instead.
- Legendary cosmetics cost 1,200 or 1,800 when purchased from the Store.
- Weapon Charms cost 700 instead.
- Mythic cosmetics cost 150.
Themed events may come with cosmetics that can be purchased with Crafting Metals, these however come with increased initial prices, to be potentially reverted to their normal prices after two seasons.
This is a table showing the available rarities for each cosmetic category:
|Melee Weapon Skin||✕||✓|
|Banner Stat Tracker||✓||✕|
- Legend and Weapon Skins: skins that change the appearance of Legends or weapons. Common skins have flat coloration, Rare and Epic skins have more complex patterns and may slightly alter the model, and Legendary skins completely alter the model. Legend Prestige Skins have three versions or 'Tiers'; the latter two can be unlocked by completing challenges after unlocking the Tier 1 skin.
- Some Legendary weapon skins are reactive. These skins gradually become more animated as players are killed with the weapon. The animation will level up when the weapon has killed one, three, and five players.
- Melee Weapon Skins: unique melee weapons that are only available as Mythic-rarity and can be equipped through the skins menu for the Legend whose Heirloom has been unlocked.
- Weapon Charms: small trinkets that can be attached to the side of a weapon.
- Skydive Emotes: emotes that can be performed while skydiving. They can be equipped on the Skydive Emotes menu for the Legend and can be performed by selecting them through the emote wheel in-game. If a Legend only has one Skydive Emote, the emote wheel won't appear.
- Skydive Trails: trails that change the particle the jetpacks equipped on every Legend emit when skydiving. These are only obtained as rewards for Diamond and above Ranked Leagues Tiers.
- Finishers: animations that change the way a Legend finishes an opponent.
- Banner cosmetics: alter the appearance of the banner that appears after the Legend selection, the Champion announcement, and the stands appearing in various points of the maps.
- Banner Frames: change the background of the banner. Common and Rare frames stay inside the frame, Epic frames stick out of the frame, and Legendary frames have dynamic animations.
- Banner Poses: change the Legend's pose. Common and Rare poses are static while Epic and Mythic poses are animated.
- Badges: diamond shaped icons that show the player's personal achievements. Up to three can be equipped.
- Stat Trackers: counters that display Legend-specific statistics. Common trackers are available for any legend, while Rare trackers are Legend-specific or seasonal.
- Quips: voice lines played by a Legend on certain occasions or when manually selected through the emote wheel.
- Transitions: images displayed when the player is loading into a match.
- Music Packs: change the music that is played in the lobby and while dropping into an arena.
- Holo-Sprays: holograms that can be used by throwing them on the ground to taunt other players. Legendary Holo-Sprays also have a dynamic animation.
- Emotes: short animations a Legend can perform, upon which the camera turns into third person until the animation has finished, with the Anti-Peek system preventing the player from seeing enemies that can't normally be seen in first person. While Rare Emotes are simple animations, both Epic and Legendary ones are more complex and usually involve the Legend's abilities.
- [Monsters Within Event on the Apex Legends Official Site https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/monsters-within-event]