|“||You can only trust those who you know are liars. I used to think differently back when I was working as a simple computer engineer. A straight-edge job with no bumps - I would go in, do what I was asked, and leave. I rarely doubted the loyalty of those who worked alongside me, I didn't really care, until the contract came in... a service order from: Q.W. Initials. That's all I know of the person who took my life away from me. And that is why I am here now. That is why I did what I did to get into the Games.|
|Real Name||Tae Joon Park (박태준)|
|Weight||130 lbs (59 kg)|
|Height||5'9" (175 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Surveillance Drone|
|Ultimate Ability||Drone EMP|
|Voice Actor||Johnny Young|
A Recon Legend, Crypto takes to the skies with his Surveillance Drone, revealing enemies for Crypto and his squad using Neurolink. If he finds that the enemies have already hunkered down, he can activate his Drone EMP to destroy their defenses and slow them before he comes out of the shadows and makes his move with his squad.
|Description||Deploy an aerial camera drone that can remotely interact with Survey Beacons, Respawn Beacons, and ally Banner cards.|
- Pressing the tactical button will launch the drone from Crypto ~25 m. Holding the tactical button will cause Crypto to go into drone view immediately.
- If the drone is thrown at a wall, it will turn around.
- The drone can be deployed and flown up to 200 meters away from Crypto. If the drone is 240+ meters away from Crypto, it will automatically be recalled.
- Hold ADS to conduct level flight while looking around.
- When not being piloted manually, the drone can be left parked in midair.
- Crypto is left stationary while piloting the drone. Taking damage while in drone view will force Crypto out of it.
- Crypto can recall the drone at any time, EXCEPT when reviving a teammate who is down, as this will interrupt the revive on the downed teammate. The drone can, however, be recalled without interruption while shooting, healing, while knocked down, or executing other actions. The recall takes ~2 seconds.
- The drone has 50 health, which gets recovered when recalled.
- The drone can be used to open doors/Supply Bins/Care Packages, pick up squadmates' banner cards, and use both Survey Beacons and Respawn Beacons instantly. It must be within 7 meters to do these.
- If you have Vault Key in your inventory. You can use the drone to open the Vault.
- The drone can ping items as long as they are within 12 meters. Enemies can be pinged up to 125 meters.
- Champion Banners seen through the drone's vision will show the number of enemy squads within a 200-meter radius of Crypto (not the drone).
- Crypto can warn teammates about the number of nearby squads by pinging these banners while in drone view.
- While in drone view, weapons automatically reload, starting with the currently equipped weapon. Reloads take the same amount of time as they would normally.
- The audio range from the drone is as follows:
- Drone Throw - 175m.
- Entering Drone - 175m.
- Exiting Drone - 175m.
- Recalling Drone - 100m.
- Piloting Drone - 110m.
- Idle Drone - 80m.
- The 200-meter squad detection radius is approximately the same size as your minimap.
|Description||Crypto and his teammates see what his Surveillance Drone detects up to a 30m distance.|
- The drone will highlight doors, supply bins, care packages, traps, and enemies with a direct and uninterrupted line of sight within 30 meters. Enemies are more noticeably marked with a triangle.
- Enemies highlighted by the drone will see 'DRONE DETECTED' on their HUD.
|Description||Charge up an EMP from your drone. The blast deals 50 shield damage, slows players, and destroys traps.|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- Takes 3 seconds to charge before detonating. The drone can be destroyed before the detonation, cancelling it.
- Affects all players (and Crypto himself) in a 30-meter radius, even through walls and other obstacles. Squadmates take no shield damage but are still slowed down.
- The slow lasts roughly 1-2 seconds.
- Enemies hit by the EMP will have their minimaps disabled for 2 seconds. It is replaced with static and the words [SIGNAL JAMMED].
- Gibraltar's Dome of Protection
- Lifeline's D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Wattson's Perimeter Security nodes and Interception Pylon
- Inactive Caustic Nox Gas Traps
- Mirage's decoys produced by Psyche Out and Life of the Party
- Loba's Black Market Boutique
- Rampart’s Amped Cover's amped part
- Seer's Exhibit
- Enemy Crypto's Surveillance Drone
- Cargo Bots
- The drone is easier to spot while EMP is charging. Try to activate EMP with your drone in a safe spot or while flying it around to avoid it being destroyed.
- Using EMP on enemies who are fighting or escaping outside The Ring can be effective as the slow effect can potentially be enough for the ring to knock or eliminate them.
- Using EMP on large groups of enemies can rack up damage for Crypto's Evo Shield very quickly.
- Using EMP on single enemies can be worth doing to take them out of the fight temporarily, rather than letting their squad group up.
- Since squadmates do not take shield damage from EMP, a risky tactic in a pinch is to activate EMP even if Crypto and his squad will be caught in the blast, giving your team an opportunity to attack or escape while the enemy recovers.
|Description||Scanning Survey Beacons reveals the next circle's location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- Crypto himself can interact with the survey beacon, during which he is vulnerable for 7 seconds.
- Using Crypto's drone to scan the beacon is instant.
|“||Crypto specializes in secrets. A brilliant hacker and encryption expert, he uses aerial drones to spy on his opponents in the Apex Arena without being seen. He also has a secret of his own: his name is Tae Joon Park, and he joined the Apex Games to find the people who framed him for murder.
An orphan abandoned at a young age, Tae Joon escaped a life of squalor by becoming a computer engineer for the Mercenary Syndicate, along with his foster sister, Mila Alexander. One day, Tae Joon and Mila stumbled upon an algorithm that could predict the result of any Apex Games match, hidden away in the Games’ own computer systems. That caught the attention of the wrong people - the next day, Mila disappeared, and Tae Joon was forced to into hiding after he was framed for her murder. He’s now joined the Games to clear his name - because sometimes the spotlight is the best place to hide.
There are a total of 68 Legend skins for Crypto; 19 Legendary, 9 Epic, 24 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Prince of Darkness Bundle.
Story of Crypto:
- Inconspicuous: Before Tae Joon Park was a wanted man, he was a gifted programmer and engineer. The drone cameras that broadcast the Apex Games were originally his creation. In another life, they may have made him famous.
- Included in the Iced Out Bundle.
The set contains:
- A Banner Pose: No Escape
- A Melee weapon skin: Biwon Blade
- An Intro Quip: "I'll find you."
- Crypto was teased for an entire season before his official reveal:
- Crypto's first appearance was in the trailer for Season 2, where he was responsible for destroying the Repulsor tower.
- Crypto's logo appears in "Voidwalker" when an alternate Wraith hacks into an abandoned IMC base.
- Crypto was the source of several "glitches" in Kings Canyon, including distorted lines from the announcer and hacked banner displays showing his attempts to get login information.
- Crypto appeared in an inaccessible room behind glass in Singh Labs, getting info on the space elevator at World's Edge. When a player got near, he and his drone would flee.
- Crypto's logo appears on the Night Light Prowler Burst PDW skin.
- Drone EMP causes the same minimap-disabling effect as Titanfall 2's Radar Jammer boost.
- Crypto's voice actor, Johnny Young, is an active streamer on Twitch, where he is known to do custom voice lines after the character he plays.
- During the 3rd Anniversary collection event, two skins were released based on Crypto's Hype Beast skin - Lit Witt for Mirage and Thunder Kitty for Wattson.
- The inscription, "0's & 1's 4 Lif3" along with Crypto's logo is found within "Hack". The logo and inscription can be seen if "Hack" is deployed or when Crypto is selected in the beginning of the match.
- Crypto's drone remote has the word "susukekki" on it which means "riddle" in Korean.
A coded message from Crypto to Mystik.
Concept art of Crypto.
Concept art for the drone.
Concept art for the drone's remote.
Concept art for Crypto's The Hired Gun skin.
Concept art for Crypto's Hype Beast skin.