DUMMIEs (Digital Utility Mock Man Intelligent Example) are recurring stand-ins for legends used in various parts of the game.
- Preview animations for Finishers, as the recipient
- Preview animations for weapons at the end of a Battle Pass, where they are killed to demonstrate the weapon skin's visual effects
- In the Training mode, one is used to demonstrate how to revive teammates, use Lifeline's drone, and grab respawn banners.
- In the Firing Range, three DUMMIEs are available for target practice, each equipped with Body Shields.
DUMMIE's Big Day
In the Grand Soirée game mode DUMMIE's Big Day, all legends are replaced with eight different colors of DUMMIE. The DUMMIE's portrait and character select color are similar to Bangalore's portrait and character select color. DUMMIEs uses various animations, such as Bangalore's character select and Reversal of Fortune execution animations. The DUMMIE's banner card uses Bangalore's Rookie Card frame and At Ease pose, as well as the Account Level badge without any Stat Trackers equipped. Although DUMMIEs can't talk, they use text chat as communication during gameplay. Playing as DUMMIE does not count towards its own stats, unlike all of the Legends in the game, but it does count towards the account stats.
The DUMMIE is a Disposable Hero. Their abilities are:
|Description||Summon a random loot item for testing purposes.|
- Throws a single loot item in front of you.
|Description||We're really proud of you, sweetie!|
- Unknown effect, if any.
|Charge time||180 minutes|
- Can cause one of three effects, chosen at random:
- Emergency Dance Party: Spawns five decoys, similar to Mirage's, which mirror your actions.
- Emergency Loot Piñata: Drops a big cluster of loot from the sky.
- Emergency Area Heal: Heals all players nearby, including enemies.
- Emergency Dance Party became Mirage's new ultimate ability, titled Life of the Party, after his rework during Season 5.