Season Launches[edit | edit source]
These are to coincide with the launch of a new season and will include a new Legend, a major map update, new loot items (weapons, ordnances, etc.), and potentially new features. These events also include significant balance changes.
- List of Seasons
- Season 1 (March 19, 2019 to June 18, 2019) - [13 weeks]
- Season 2 (July 02, 2019 to October 01, 2019) - [13 weeks]
- Season 3 (October 01, 2019 to February 04, 2020) - [18 weeks]
- Season 4 (February 04, 2020 to May 12, 2020) - [14 weeks]
- Season 5 (May 12, 2020 to August 18, 2020) - [14 weeks]
- Season 6 (August 18, 2020 to November 04, 2020) - [11 weeks and 1 day]
- Season 7 (November 04, 2020 to February 02, 2021) - [12 weeks and 6 days]
- Season 8 (February 02, 2021 to May 04, 2021) - [13 weeks]
Themed Events[edit | edit source]
These events come with a limited-time mode, event challenges that let players earn cosmetics, and a mix of event limited and base game cosmetics available for direct purchase. They may also include a small map change or town takeover; a Stories from the Outlands is sometimes released with town takeovers.
- List of Themed Events
- Legendary Hunt (June 04, 2019 to June 18, 2019) - [2 weeks]
- Voidwalker (September 03, 2019 to September 17, 2019) - [2 weeks]
- Grand Soirée (January 14, 2020 to January 28, 2020) - [2 weeks]
- The Old Ways (April 07, 2020 to April 21, 2020) - [2 weeks]
- Fight or Fright (October 22, 2020 to November 03, 2020) - [1 week and 5 days]
- Holo-Day Bash (December 01, 2020 to January 04, 2021) - [5 weeks]
- War Games (April 13, 2021 to April 27, 2021) - [2 weeks]
Collection Events[edit | edit source]
These events come with a limited-time mode, event challenges that let players earn cosmetics, and a "collection" of 24 event limited cosmetics available via Event-specific Apex Packs or direct purchase. They may also include a small map change or town takeover; a Story from the Outlands is sometimes released with town takeovers. Collection Events offer far more cosmetics than Themed Events and feature Heirlooms, which can be obtained by completing the collection.
- List of Collection Events
- Iron Crown (August 13, 2019 to August 27, 2019) - [2 weeks]
- Fight or Fright (October 15, 2019 to November 05, 2019) - [3 weeks]
- Holo-Day Bash (December 12, 2019 to January 07, 2020) - [3 weeks and 5 days]
- System Override (March 03, 2020 to March 17, 2020) - [2 weeks]
- Lost Treasures (June 23, 2020 to July 07, 2020) - [2 weeks]
- Aftermarket (October 06, 2020 to October 20, 2020) - [2 weeks]
- Fight Night (January 05, 2021 to January 19, 2021) - [2 weeks]
- Anniversary (February 09, 2021 to March 02, 2021) - [3 weeks]
- Chaos Theory (March 09, 2021 to March 23, 2021) - [2 weeks]
Minor Events[edit | edit source]
Minor events may include a sale in which limited-time cosmetics are offered in the Store, and/or a limited time game mode(s) (LTM). Unlike major events, they do not have trailers, they do not have Prize Tracks, they usually do not have challenges (and even if they do have challenges, they do not occupy the main "Event" slot), and they are not listed as major events in the game's files.
- List of Minor Events with a Sale and LTM(s)
- Valentine's Day (February 13, 2019 to February 19, 2019) - [6 days]
- Valentine's Day Rendezvous (February 12, 2020 to February 19, 2020) - [1 week]
- September Soirée (September 10, 2020[note 1] to October 06, 2020) - [3 weeks and 5 days]
- List of Minor Events with just a Sale
- Black Friday (November 26, 2019 to December 03, 2019) - [1 week]
- Summer of Plunder (July 21, 2020 to July 28, 2020) - [1 week]
- Black Friday (November 24, 2020 to December 01, 2020) - [1 week]
- Chinatown Market (??? 2021 to ??? 2021) - [1 week]
- List of Minor Events with just an LTM(s)
- Battle Armor (April 28, 2020 to May 12, 2020) - [2 weeks]
- Always Be Closing Evolved (August 11, 2020 to August 18, 2020) - [1 week]
- List of Minor Events with just a set of challenges
- A Wee Experiment (October 13, 2020 to November 04, 2020) - [3 weeks and 1 day]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fight or Fright and Holo-Day Bash are the only major events that return. They both were initially released as Collection Events and came back as Themed Events.
- According to the official event structure overview released back in Season 2, possible extensions to Apex Legends' lore is a feature of Themed Events. However, as of Season 7, this appears to be no longer the case since the Fight Night event, a Collection Event, came with a Story from the Outlands.
- Events are sometimes further categorized beyond Themed and Collection: Grand Soirée is also called an Arcade Event; The Old Ways is also called a Lore Event. (By this logic, Voidwalker and Fight Night should also be Lore Events.)
- The Battle Armor event was not a planned event. It was a last-minute addition after the launch of Season 5 got moved back one week.
- Most events come with a special event-themed Music Pack. Exceptions are Legendary Hunt, Voidwalker, Grand Soirée and Fight Night.
- The returning Event Holo-Day Bash (2020) had no "new" music pack, but had the same as the original Holo-Day Bash (2019) Christmas-themed music pack.
- Voidwalker had no own music pack, but "shared" and released the music pack of Wraith.
- Actually, Legendary Hunt had its own themed music too, but since music packs were not integrated into Season 1 it was not rewarded as a selectable music pack.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This event actually began on the 8th, but was suddenly postponed to the 10th after DUMMIEs Big Day was removed due to a bug that was causing crashes if someone AFK’ed on character select. It was replaced with Kings Canyon After Dark on September 10th, with DUMMIEs Big Day eventually returning on September 22nd.
References[edit | edit source]