|February 02, 2021 Patch|
|The new PoI, Crash Site|
|Previous patch||January 14, 2021 Patch|
|Next patch||February 04, 2021 Patch|
- New Legend: Fuse
- New weapon: the 30-30 Repeater
- Several changes to Kings Canyon
- World's Edge removed from rotation, will return in a later season
- Several changes to Ranked Leagues
- New loot: Level 4 Extended Mags
- New Quest: Armageddon
- New event: Anniversary - runs Feb 09 to Mar 02
- Featuring the Locked and Loaded Takeover game mode
- Hitbox adjustments.[note 1]
- Emplaced Minigun "Sheila": Increased rotation angle from 120° to 180°.
- Amped Cover: Increased HP while building from 1 to 45 (sniper rounds still pierce through).[note 2]
- Gravity Lift: Increased effective cooldown from 21 seconds to 25 seconds. The 15-second cooldown timer will now start when the Gravity Lift disappears.[note 3]
- Launch Pad:[note 4]
- Hitting the jump pad from a standing position will launch players along a high arc (the speed and trajectory of the old super-jump).
- From a crouched position, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they'll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
- Loot inside unopened Care Packages is now visible with Eye for Quality and accessible through the Black Market Boutique.
- All gas now dissipates as soon as Caustic's team is eliminated.
- Decoys now create footstep sounds.[note 5]
- Added Gold Magazines.
- Removed the Gold Barrel Stabilizer from the loot pool (still available on fully kitted weapons).
- Reduced damage from 16 to 15.
- Increased damage from 15 to 16.
- Increased damage from 18 to 19.
- Reload time increased from 2.8 to 3.2 (base) and 3.33 to 3.8 (empty).
- Increased fire rate from 2.0 to 2.1.
Quality of Life
- Added a damage counter to the HUD.[note 6]
- Pinging weapons or ammo in your inventory displays your current ammo count along with "player wants ammo" in the quick chat.
- Healing and reviving will now follow colorblind rules when colorblind settings are enabled.
- Added some lore blurbs to certain skins.[note 7]
- Fixed an issue with the Dressed To Impress skin blocking vision while aiming down sights.
- Nox Vision: Sonar abilities no longer stop Caustic’s highlight vision.
- Fixed an issue with the Boogie Down skin blocking vision while aiming down sights and releasing a decoy at the same time.
- Burglar's Best Friend: Fixed a few exploitable areas on Kings Canyon that Loba was able to reach with it.
- Emplaced Minigun "Sheila": Can no longer be placed on Launch Pads in Octane's Gauntlet.
- Modded Loader: Fixed an issue with it persisting even after changing characters in the Firing Range.
- Fixed an issue causing the Havoc to have 100% accuracy when hip-fired through Rampart’s Amped Cover.
- Fixed a POV issue that occurred when using Horizon's abilities, then immediately going into ADS with a Peacekeeper.
- Re-enabled the ability to invite friends to the club from the friend list.
- Fixed an issue causing some users who have opted out of "Last Squad Invites" to not appear in club event timelines when placing in the top 5 of a match.
- Failing to connect to the club database no longer leads to a misleading "Kicked from club" message.
- Players will no longer be kicked from clubs when switching to another profile on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with crowds not cheering in Pathfinder's Fight Night.
- Fixed an issue preventing some heirlooms from appearing in the heirloom shop.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Thermite Grenades to deal damage through certain walls on Olympus.
- Updated Loba’s Crystalline Perfection skin to have a finished tiara.
- Updated the Triple Take's Abstract Idea skin to have a third firing hole.
- Added a level 4 Extended Heavy Mag to the Prowler Burst PDW and reduced reload time by 13%.
- Added a nonfunctional Hop-Up slot to the Sentinel (confirmed to be a bug).
- Made it so that your Club tag is always next to your name.
- We know Wraith will always be a popular pick considering the amount of combat utility in her kit. After many tweaks to her abilities and animations, the fact remains that her win rate continues to be at the very top as it has since day one. With Season 7 hitbox adjustments to Pathfinder, we were able to control his power without nerfing his kit. We hope to do the same with Wraith. Wraith now has a slightly larger hitbox than her fellow small legends, but the changes stay true to her model. As you can see in the before and after comparison, we’re adding some width mostly in the torso and leg areas.
Even with these changes, Wraith remains small and hard to hit. She will retain Low Profile as we monitor her usage and win rates to see if power can be given back in other ways in the future.
- Rampart has remained at the bottom across our performance metrics since her release. Her kit is very much built around proactively setting up a powerful position, but in a game as fast-moving as Apex, we determined her walls should have some reactive power as well. We’re keeping a careful eye on this one.
- Horizon released strong, to the point where she rivals Wraith in win-rate and pick-rate. For the time being, we are monitoring her usage and checking whether or not the cooldown changes have a significant effect.
- Many players may have known about Octane’s "super-jump" that was possible with a well-timed jump while hitting the pad. Once the double-jump option was introduced, there was an input clash that led to unreliable usage. We decided to add some launch options that are better defined than the old super-jump.
- This change was mistakenly mentioned in the Fight Night patch notes when it was in fact coming with this patch. Mirage decoys will now have footstep audio in a limited capacity. There won’t be a footstep tornado if an enemy Mirage ults nearby, but it should be slightly harder to pick out the real Mirage from audio cues alone.
- This was a highly requested feature, so we’re excited to allow people easier tracking for chasing those badges and challenges!
- Some of our skins are canon, and some are just for fun. For the skins that represent an important part of that character's backstory, we've added a small blurb to describe the significance of that skin in the Legend's life.