February 04, 2020 Patch
|February 04, 2020 Patch|
|The new Planet Harvester|
|Previous patch||January 14, 2020 Patch|
|Next patch||February 19, 2020 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New Legend: Revenant
- New weapon: The Sentinel
- Several changes to World's Edge
- Several changes to Ranked Leagues
- New Loot:
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Sniper Ammo (10 rounds per pickup, 20 per stack size).
- Extended Sniper Mags[note 1]
- Energy Ammo: Increased pickup from 20 to 30.[note 3]
- Gold Backpack: Now shows a yellow bar on the HUD to better convey to the player when they are using or being revived with the perk.
Weapons[note 4][edit | edit source]
- Update to iron-sights accuracy[note 5]
- The weapons that will be updated for Season 4 are:
- Now uses 1 ammo per shot.
- Reduced mag size from 12 to 4.
- Moved from “Sniper” to the “Assault Rifle” class.
- Now only accepts AR optics and attachments [including barrel stabilizers and stock].
- Still accepts Double Tap Trigger.
- Contributes to progress for stats/challenges for AR’s moving forward.
- Reduced fire rate from 4.5 to 4.0.
- Increased time between shots for Double Tap from 0.425 to 0.475.
- Fixed bug where G7 had 0 ADS air spread, making it the only gun that was perfectly accurate on ziplines, etc.
- Removed from Care Package and can now be found around the map.
- Uses Energy Ammo.
- Reloading has been removed and the L-STAR will overheat after a sustained fire so best to fire in short bursts to reduce overheating and recoil.
- Reduced damage from 19 to 18.
- Reduced fire rate from 12 to 10.
- Less horizontal view kick when the weapon fires.
- Removed from normal loot pool and is now a crate weapon.
- Magazine size increased to 54.
- Turbocharger functionality.
- Reduced horizontal recoil.[note 7]
- No longer accepts the Turbocharger hop-up [turbocharger has been removed from the game] but can still equip Selectfire Receiver.
- Decreased time between shots when using Select Fire hop-up from 0.77 to 0.56.
- Reduced damage per shot from 12 to 11.
- Increased magazine size for the first 3 tiers from (18 / 20 / 23 / 27) to (20 / 22 / 24 / 27).
- Increased damage from 14 to 15.
- Increased single-shot rate of fire from 5.6 to 6.4.
- Adjusted magazine size from (4 / 6 / 8 / 10) to (5 / 6 / 7 / 8).
- Double Tap Trigger: Reduced the delay between bursts from 0.85 to 0.8.
- Fixed an exploit that players discovered and reported where you could rapidly fire the Mastiff.
Legends[edit | edit source]
- Downing (not killing) players add 5 seconds to Beast of the Hunt timer. It is possible to exceed starting time with successive kills.
- Drone EMP no longer destroys friendly Gibraltar Dome of Protection.
- Dome Shields no longer can stick to Crypto’s Surveillance Drone.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug that was causing players that reached account level 500 to crash or access their inventory or store.
- Fixed bug where player level text would appear on the badges of level 100 badge when it wasn't supposed to.
- Fixed bug for some cases where players were unable to equip weapons from care packages when attempting to swap it with an existing weapon.
- Fixes for a few bad spots in World's Edge where players were getting stuck or getting to places they shouldn't - thank you to everyone that's been capturing and reporting these issues and keep them coming!
- Fixed bug where sometimes when the Jumpmaster disconnects then the followers in their squad would float in mid-air and be unable to unfollow.
- General stability fixes.
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Fixes for cases where approaching the edge of the Circle would make the player's screen turn almost all white.
- Updated colorblind settings based on player feedback.
- Community Request: added a Random Favorites option for unlocked skins that can be found in the Legend customization menu.
- Increased the timer for when you can still be credited for an assist after dealing damage from 5 seconds to 7.5 seconds.
- Nerfed the Roller that falls from the Loot Drone.
- Reduced damage.
- Decreased radius of splash damage.
- Updated the visual FX to the explosion for better visibility.
- “Target Compensation” and “Melee Target Compensation” options have been moved to the “Advanced Look Controls” menu.
Ranked Leagues[edit | edit source]
Some changes are coming to lose forgiveness to reduce abuse of the system. Loss forgiveness when a teammate leaves or fails to connect is unchanged and is working as intended. We will be limiting the RP loss forgiveness when you leave once per day. If you exceed once per day more than three times per ranked series, you lose all forgiveness for the remainder of that series. Once these limits are reached players will no longer receive RP loss forgiveness when abandoning a match, regardless of the reason for quitting. We will continue to display prompts that alert you that leaving will count, and now will alert you when you are about to run out of loss forgiveness games. The scaling penalties are the same as the last Series.
Players Crashing With DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG[edit | edit source]
Some players are experiencing an issue where Apex is crashing with a "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" error message. We are working closely with NVIDIA to help determine the cause of the issue and provide gamers with a solution (via updated driver or game patch) as soon as possible.
Matchmaking Update[edit | edit source]
With this patch, we’ll be pushing out changes globally to matchmaking that we’ve been testing in specific regions. We’re well aware that this has been a contentious topic among players and there’s been some misinformation out there so just to be clear: skill-based matchmaking has existed in Apex since launch and we’ll be continuing to improve it over time.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- Made Pathfinder a Recon legend instead of a Support legend.
- Added a “You’re welcome” voice-over quip. Press F1// to use it after being thanked.
Designer Notes[edit | edit source]
- Our goal here is to create a deeper, more balanced long-range meta. Since snipers shared ammo types with SMGs and LMGs, there wasn't a great way to put ammo scarcity on sniper rifles without really penalizing the more ammo hungry weapons that used the same ammo type. So for Season 4, we’ve added a new class of ammo that only applies to Sniper Rifles that we hope will have players being careful about the shots they take and limit how long they can pressure targets at long range before having to reposition.
- This change went out earlier than intended in the last update and should make sense with other changes in this patch but we wanted to include it here as well for players returning for Season 4 that were not aware.
- Most ammo players pick up comes from packs that spawn next to energy weapons on the ground. Now that there are only 2 energy ammo weapons in Apex, we needed to up the ammo per brick to keep energy ammo from being too scarce.
- We want to shift up what weapons are the strongest. Also, we're aiming to reduce the power of some weapons that seem too strong and give a little boost to some weapons that haven't been performing as well as we'd like.
- Apex guns move around subtly while ADS -- they rotate and sway as you move your aim, they bob up and down and side to side while moving, etc. We have special tech that makes sure the reticle on the optics stays centered even as the gun moves around a bit. However, until Season 4, the iron sights on weapons didn't have this tech. That meant that the iron sights reticles could move around with the weapon and be slightly inaccurate -- they wouldn't point at the screen center where the next shot would fire. With Season 4, we have updated most of the weapons' iron sights to properly stay centered now. Not all iron sights are upgraded yet, but we will be updating the remaining weapons as this season progresses.
- The Devotion was chosen to go into the crate for a couple of reasons. Mainly 1) it is an energy ammo LMG, and so is the L-STAR, and 2) data shows us that a fully kitted Devotion is one of the strongest weapons in the game, and could work at crate power level.
- With the removal of the Turbocharger, we wanted to buff the base HAVOC. Most notably, we are reducing horizontal recoil and making it easier to control.