|“||Look, the Legends are great and they deserve respect, but they've NEVER faced anyone like me. And when we hit the ground, I dare any of them to bring the fight up close and personal.|
|— Forge just before his death.|
He was voiced by Darin De Paul.
Standing 6'5.5" tall and weighing 269lbs, James McCormick, nicknamed "The Forge", was a 5-time Hyperfighting Federation champion before he was set to join the Apex Games. He has already achieved widespread popularity as the "People's Champ", and was notably already popular three years ago when he met, and sexually harassed, Anita Williams. His entrance to the games was highly anticipated because of his popularity, alongside his sponsorship by Hammond Robotics.
Before his official entrance to the games, he was being interviewed live by Outland Television's Lisa Stone when Revenant snuck behind him and impaled him, immediately causing his death at the age of 28.
- Forge was never intended to be a real Legend and was created solely to deceive data miners, who had already figured out that Revenant was going to be the Season 4 Legend. No model or kit was ever developed for Forge. Fake concept art and abilities were purposely leaked into the game's files to give the misdirection more credibility.
- Unlike many of the other leaked Legends who have been discovered for some time, Forge seemingly came out of nowhere with the November 05, 2019 Patch.
- Forge's fake abilities:
- Pull Shot (Hook): Short-range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- K.O. Punch (High Jump): Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two (One-Two Punch): Bullrush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
- On The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is. Dealing melee damage gives you temporary over shield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds.
- When Forge was announced, his description on the official website was "Confident yet humble, Forge used his size, strength, and heavy-duty Shatter Gauntlets to batter his opponents into submission."
- In the Sorting Factory of World's Edge, the set-up for Forge's interview could be seen after the Season 4 announcement. A red death box later appeared after Forge got assassinated, which only contained a special commemorative charm called "Steel Cut", which after you picked it up, you would keep it forever. As of now, the death box has disappeared. The charm itself is his medallion and is the only in-game item that is related to him and can be obtained.
- The Forge from the "Up Close and Personal" animated short has many physical differences from the Legend artwork: he has a scar above his left eye, he is missing scars on his right arm, and his eyes are brown instead of green. Combined with the in-game description of Forge's charm that says that he is often imitated, this led to speculation that the "real" Forge may still be alive. Since the trailer, there have been multiple conflicting tweets from Respawn employees, some stated that he is in fact dead, while some others tease that this may not be the case.
- Forge and Revenant are voiced by the same person, Darin De Paul.
- It took “a little over a year” and “some pretty big gameplay changes” to create Revenant, Apex Legends design director Jason McCord says
- Apex Legends Season 4 Reveal Devstream