|“||Back on Salvo, when I was just a whelp with two arms, two eyes, and zero clue, my merc group got hired by a dairy farmer to bash some meatheads he thought were killin’ his livestock at night until he paid up. So we watched the fields, eatin’ the farmer’s cheese when a bloody massive momma Prowler is on us. She’d been the one wreckin’ the farmer’s lives, and she set to wreckin’ ours by swallowin’ my best mate. So I dove in after her. I was neck-deep in her neck when I realized I didn’t have a plan to get us out. With classic timing, that farmer’s cheese turned over in my guts, and it came to me. I pulled the pins off every gas grenade we had. The momma ripped a huge belch, pal and me go flyin’, and the Momma barreled off, gas comin’ out both ends. The farmers tried to pay us in cheese, but I nearly had a spew. So they gave me a guitar instead. And that’s the story of my first six-string.|
|Real Name||Walter Fitzroy Jr.|
|Tactical Ability||Knuckle Cluster|
|Ultimate Ability||The Motherlode|
|Voice Actor||Ben Prendergast|
Fuse is an Offensive Legend who specializes in explosives. His tactical ability Knuckle Cluster shoots a cluster bomb that sticks to surfaces and slows and damages any enemy near it. His passive ability Grenadier allows him to hold 2 grenades per inventory slot and throw them farther, faster, and more accurately. His ultimate ability The Motherlode creates a ring of damaging and scanning fire around a targeted location.
|Description||Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.|
- You can hold up to two charges of this ability, and gain one charge every 20 seconds.
- Sticks to a surface or enemy and explodes into multiple mini-explosions after about 1.5 seconds, dealing up to 50 damage per use.
- The initial stick deals 10 damage if it hits an enemy. The mini-explosions are fixed on the point where the initial explosion sets off.
- Doesn’t affect teammates, but still affects Fuse himself.
- Holding the Tactical button delays the launch. Switching weapons cancels the ability if not needed.
|Description||Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.|
- Fires grenades with the grenade launcher on Fuse’s right arm. Grenades fired this way travel faster and further, and Fuse can track the bounces of Frag Grenades.
- Fuse can hold 2 Thermite Grenades, Frag Grenades, and Arc Stars per inventory slot, instead of the usual 1.
- Fuse's enhanced throw power can be toggled on and off by pressing the utility action button (default H//) while holding a grenade.
|Description||Launch a bombardment that encircles a target in a wall of flame.|
|Charge time||2 minutes|
- Explodes mid-air and splits into multiple fire bombs, which upon hitting the ground create a ring of fire.
- Certain map geometry can warp the shape of the ring.
- Can be fired up to 200 meters away
- ADS before launching for a 3x zoom.
- Touching the ring of fire does 35 damage and lights enemies on fire, causing a 5 second burn effect that slows the player and does 8 (12 while on top of fire ring) damage per second (40 burn damage, 75 damage total [95 damage if you remain in the fire]).
- If the burn effect ends before the ultimate expires, touching the fire will do 35 damage again and reapply the burn effect. Touching the fire while burning will not cause the initial 35 damage again until the burn effect ends.
- Doesn’t damage squadmates, but affects Fuse himself.
- Enemies inside the ring will be revealed to Fuse and his squadmates.
- Enemies scanned by this ability will see 'MORTAR FLARE DETECTED' on their HUD.
- Fire lasts for 17 seconds.
Ladies’ man, man’s man, and all-round manly man, Fuse is a one-man wrecking crew... and he knows it. Fuse exudes joy; he’s a laid-back explosives enthusiast who’s damn near covered in things that go BOOM. Fuse doesn’t lack confidence, but he often lacks a plan. He’s a blow-up-first ask-questions-later kinda guy, who’s always looking for a good scrap.
Fuse grew up on Salvo--a brutal planet ruled by a rotating collection of misfit warlords bent on mayhem, murder, and good times. For most of his life, he worked as a mercenary alongside his childhood friend, Maggie. But while she aspired to become one of Salvo’s most powerful warlords, Fuse felt the pull of the arena. Fuse found his calling late in life-fighting in Salvo’s bloodsport: the Bonecage. He proved to be the best, most charismatic, and beloved gladiator on the planet. But he itched to join the grandest stage of them all: the Apex Games. While Salvo remained a part of Independent Space that dream was impossible, but once they joined the Syndicate, his chance arrived. It came at a price, however -- Maggie wouldn’t let him go without a fight.
There are a total of 51 Legend skins for Fuse, 8 Legendary, 7 Epic, 20 Rare, and 16 Common.
Boared to Death
- Included in the Fuse Launch Bundle.
- Included in the Boared to Death Bundle.
- Real Steel: When Walter Fitzroy first started fighting in the Bonecage, he tried a few different personas before landing on essentially himself. There was Walt'titude, Mr. Biffo, and--a cult favorite--Timebomb.
- On January 15, 2021, Kings Canyon was brought back into the rotation along with a ship that appeared on all maps with a marquee saying "SALVO JOINING SYNDICATE". The ship has crashed on Kings Canyon, and since then has opened up a new gameplay space on the map, known as Crash Site.
- From January 16-21, 2021, a bomb, Fuse's ultimate The Motherlode, would come falling from the sky when Rings 4 and 5 would begin counting down, except that instead of spontaneously exploding, it would explode after being shot.
- On January 17, 2021, the Apex Legends Twitter account tweeted another poster written "Salvo presents the... Ambassador of BOOM!" under Fuse's silhouette. This poster is also vandalized with the word "TRAITOR" over it with a skull similar to the previous one of Salvo M.C.
- On January 18, 2021, "Good as Gold" was released.
- On January 20, 2021, the Apex Legends Twitter account tweeted a third poster as a ceremony invite with an image of an IMS Thermopylae ship. It is also defaced in the same fashion as the previous ones with the phrase: "Time to knock the bastards off!".
- On January 21, 2021, the Season 8 Launch Trailer was released.
- On January 26, 2021, the Season 8 Gameplay Trailer was released.
- Fuse was the oldest fighter ever to qualify for the Bonecage bloodsport at the age of 51. He also made history by winning 21 straight matches - 8 more than the previous record.
- Even though Fuse speaks Australian English, when asked if he would say " " in a T-rated game, Tom Casiello responded that they would like to but they received a "hard no" from America's ESRB, though other rating boards were fine with it.
- Fuse's cannon is named Wally. Wally is also the nickname of Fuse himself, used by Maggie.
- Fuse is pansexual.
- Fuse shares some similarities with the fake Legend Forge: They are both Caucasian males fighters with a robotic arm and a white streak in their hair. Their names are also somewhat similar.
- When Forge was announced as the Season 4 Legend, lead writer Manny Hagopian accidentally tweeted "Fuse" instead. This was 1 year before Fuse was released.
- In both "Good as Gold" and the Season 8 Launch Trailer, Fuse had a fake-out death. This is a reference to the fact that Forge was killed in his trailer before he could enter the Games. Manny Hagopian even commented that, in a way, he killed Forge twice.
- In the Season 8 Launch Trailer, one of the signs says "Fuse Forged by Salvo" as another nod to Forge.
- Fuse's Dread Captain skin is a reference to Cervantes, a character from the Soul Calibur franchise.
- Back in development, Fuse’s ultimate, The Motherlode, was a big bomb that would launch similarly to how it does now, but then just land, explode, and kill anyone nearby.
- Fuse's quote on the official website is a reference to Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, a song by the Australian rock band AC/DC.
- Fuse's Knuckle Cluster tactical is slightly derived from the Cluster Missle Titan Ordnance kit. Though instead of a missile that explodes into clusters on impact, he fires a grenade that sticks to surfaces and explodes into clusters after a short delay.