|“||Back on Salvo, when I was just a whelp with two arms, two eyes, and zero clue, my merc group got hired by a dairy farmer to bash some meatheads he thought were killin’ his livestock at night until he paid up. So we watched the fields, eatin’ the farmer’s cheese when a bloody massive momma Prowler is on us. She’d been the one wreckin’ the farmer’s lives, and she set to wreckin’ ours by swallowin’ my best mate. So I dove in after her. I was neck-deep in her neck when I realized I didn’t have a plan to get us out. With classic timing, that farmer’s cheese turned over in my guts, and it came to me. I pulled the pins off every gas grenade we had. The momma ripped a huge belch, pal and me go flyin’, and the Momma barreled off, gas comin’ out both ends. The farmers tried to pay us in cheese, but I nearly had a spew. So they gave me a guitar instead. And that’s the story of my first six-string.|
|Real Name||Walter Fitzroy Jr.|
|Tactical Ability||Knuckle Cluster|
|Ultimate Ability||The Motherlode|
|Voice Actor||Ben Prendergast |
Fuse is an Offensive Legend who specializes in explosives. His tactical ability Knuckle Cluster shoots a cluster bomb that sticks to surfaces and slows and damages any enemy near it. His passive ability Grenadier allows him to hold 2 grenades per inventory slot and throw them farther, faster, and more accurately. His ultimate ability The Motherlode creates a ring of damaging and scanning fire around a targeted location.
- 1 Abilities
- 2 Lore
- 3 Cosmetic Items
- 4 Voice lines
- 5 History
- 6 Teasers
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
|Description||Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.|
- Has two charges.
- Sticks to a surface or enemy and explodes into multiple mini-explosions after about 1.5 seconds.
- The initial stick deals 10 damage if it hits an enemy. The mini-explosions are fixed on the point where the initial explosion sets off.
- Does not affect teammates, but still affects Fuse himself.
- Holding the Tactical button delays the launch. Switching weapons cancels the ability if not needed.
|Description||Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.|
|Description||Launch a bombardment that encircles a target in a wall of flame.|
|Charge time||2 minutes|
- Explodes mid-air and splits into multiple fire bombs, which upon hitting the ground create a ring of fire.
- Certain map geometry can warp the shape of the ring.
- Can be fired up to 200 meters away
- ADS before launching for a 3x zoom.
- Touching the ring of fire does 35 damage and lights enemies on fire, causing a 5 second burn effect that slows the player and does 8 (12 while on top of fire ring) damage per second (40 burn damage, 75 damage total [95 damage if you remain in the fire]).
- If the burn effect ends before the ultimate expires, touching the fire will do 35 damage again and reapply the burn effect. Touching the fire while burning will not cause the initial 35 damage again until the burn effect ends.
- Doesn’t damage squadmates, but affects Fuse himself.
- Enemies inside the ring will be revealed to Fuse and his squadmates.
- Enemies scanned by this ability will see 'MORTAR FLARE DETECTED' on their HUD.
- Fire lasts for 17 seconds.
|“||Ladies’ man, man’s man, and all-round manly man, Fuse is a one man wrecking crew... and he knows it. Fuse exudes joy; he’s a laid-back explosives enthusiast who’s damn near covered in things that go BOOM. Fuse doesn’t lack confidence, but he often lacks a plan. He’s a blow-up-first ask-questions-later kinda guy, who’s always looking for a good scrap.
Fuse grew up on Salvo--a brutal planet ruled by a rotating collection of misfit warlords bent on mayhem, murder, and good times. For most of his life, he worked as a mercenary alongside his childhood friend, Maggie. But while she aspired to become one of Salvo’s most powerful warlords, Fuse felt the pull of the arena. Fuse found his calling late in life fighting in Salvo’s bloodsport: the Bonecage. He proved to be the best, most charismatic and beloved gladiator on the planet. But he itched to join the grandest stage of them all: the Apex Games. While Salvo remained a part of Independent Space that dream was impossible, but once they joined the Syndicate, his chance arrived. It came at a price, however -- Maggie wouldn’t let him go without a fight.
Walter “Fuse” Fitzroy Jr. was born on the brutal planet Salvo in 2680, growing up alongside his closest friend, Margaret Kōhere. One day, while exploring, the pair came across a golden hand grenade clutched by the corpse of a deceased freedom fighter. The two claimed the grenade as their own, occasionally passing it back and forth as a symbol of their bond. Throughout their schooling, Fitzroy and Maggie were seen as troublemakers, with the pair often being separated during classes due to their antics. 
Fitzroy nearly drowned once off the coast of a region called Matakana, but was saved by Maggie’s intervention. 
When he was young, Fitzroy’s mercenary group was hired by a local farmer on Salvo to protect his cattle, which he assumed were being killed as part of an extortion plot. While standing guard, the group was attacked by the true culprit - a massive Prowler. Fitzroy engaged the creature without an escape plan, breaking out after tossing several gas grenades down its throat. The farmer attempted to pay the group in cheese, but Fitzroy instead accepted a guitar. 
Good as Gold
Over the years, Fitzroy and Maggie were a powerful and inseparable pair, though despite a great amount of victories in various scuffles, they began to drift apart late in their lives. While Maggie became fully invested in Salvo’s independence movement, Fitzroy felt the allure of bloodsport. He became the oldest competitor in Salvo’s Bonecage competition at the age of 51, garnering a record-setting win streak of 21 matches. 
In 2734, Salvo became the seventh planet to join the Syndicate Alliance of Free Worlds, and Fitzroy was selected as the next Legend to join the Apex Games. This turn of events greatly angered Maggie, who opposed any future for Salvo aside from the independence they had. In a fit of rage, she pulled the pin on the pair’s grenade and flung it at Fitzroy, blowing off his right arm. He departed Salvo afterwards, replacing his lost limb with an upgraded prosthesis. 
Season 8 Launch Trailer
Fitzroy hosted a welcoming party on Solace, riding into Kings Canyon on a refurbished IMS Thermopylae. During the ceremony, Maggie hacked into the Thermopylae's systems, demanding the delivery of Fitzroy’s other arm. She then hijacked the ship’s artillery cannons, forcing Fitzroy to use a grenade to destroy its systems. Maggie finally set off explosives she had planted around the arena, causing the destruction of most of the surrounding area and the crashing of the Thermopylae in the north of Kings Canyon. Afterwards, he conveyed his backstory to the other Legends and took part in a match of the Apex Games.
Fitzroy, unwilling to put the other Legends in danger, was ready to give up his other arm. However, he was dissuaded from this by Bloodhound and Lifeline, who offered their support to hunt down Maggie. Encountering her, she captured the three Legends and attempted to persuade Fitzroy into returning to Salvo. He refused, and the three escaped with Maggie and her forces in pursuit. After a chase, Fitzroy and Maggie were left hanging off the side of a building. Maggie refused his help and fell, with Fitzroy assuming her dead. Fitzroy was incredibly hurt by the supposed death of his first friend, and engaged in heavy drinking afterward, writing a sincere posthumous letter to Maggie in the process. 
The Legacy Antigen
Fitzroy assisted the Legends in finding a cure for the Medusa outbreak, traveling to Gaea to hunt Carthage Spiders with Bloodhound.  The two later assisted in freeing Loba, Valkyrie, Crypto, and Caustic from the spiders' den.
After the Medusa Vines outbreak ended, the Legends gathered at the Paradise Lounge. There, he gave a toast to Bloodhound in attempted Icelandic. Bloodhound, touched by the gesture, returned the favor by giving a toast to “more buttsmacks,” causing the pair to erupt in laughter. 
After Maggie joined the Apex Games, Fitzroy became distraught, upset over his past constantly returning "vividly and in person," as well as the fact that he can't seem to have a period of relative peace in his life. He began binge drinking at the Paradise Lounge, where Horizon met him and discussed his sorrows. 
The Perfect Son
During an Apex Games match on Storm Point, Fitzroy was placed on a team with Lifeline and Maggie. He and Maggie focused their fire on a swarm of Carthage spiders while a distraught Lifeline lamented about Octane's impulsiveness. The two offered their own advice - Maggie stated that the only person Lifeline can depend on is herself, and Fitzroy stated that it's good to rely on one's friends, but they should always be given space. The two began to bitterly fight over their responses, with Maggie branding him a traitor and Fitzroy defending his departure from Salvo, stating that "it takes strength to walk away from everything ya know." During their argument, Lifeline had to single-handedly fend off a second swarm of spiders, with the two only joining after personally being attacked. 
Season 13 Launch Trailer
Fitzroy assisted in fighting the beast that came ashore on Storm Point. However, he was almost immediately defeated by the creature.
There are a total of 57 Legend skins for Fuse, 11 Legendary, 9 Epic, 21 Rare, and 16 Common.
Boared to Death
- Included in the Fuse Launch Bundle.
- Included in the Boared to Death Bundle.
- Real Steel: When Walter Fitzroy first started fighting in the Bonecage, he tried a few different personas before landing on essentially himself. There was Walt'titude, Mr. Biffo, and--a cult favorite--Timebomb.
Ring Master[note 1]
- Included in the Mayhem Pack
- On January 15, 2021, Kings Canyon was brought back into the rotation along with a ship that appeared on all maps with a marquee saying "SALVO JOINING SYNDICATE". The ship has crashed on Kings Canyon, and since then has opened up a new gameplay space on the map, known as Crash Site.
- From January 16-21, 2021, a bomb, Fuse's ultimate The Motherlode, would come falling from the sky when Rings 4 and 5 would begin counting down, except that instead of spontaneously exploding, it would explode after being shot.
- On January 17, 2021, the Apex Legends Twitter account tweeted another poster written "Salvo presents the... Ambassador of BOOM!" under Fuse's silhouette. This poster is also vandalized with the word "TRAITOR" over it with a skull similar to the previous one of Salvo M.C.
- On January 18, 2021, "Good as Gold" was released.
- On January 20, 2021, the Apex Legends Twitter account tweeted a third poster as a ceremony invite with an image of an IMS Thermopylae ship. It is also defaced in the same fashion as the previous ones with the phrase: "Time to knock the bastards off!".
- On January 21, 2021, the Season 8 Launch Trailer was released.
- On January 26, 2021, the Season 8 Gameplay Trailer was released.
- Fuse was the oldest fighter ever to qualify for the Bonecage bloodsport at the age of 51. He also made history by winning 21 straight matches - 8 more than the previous record.
- Even though Fuse speaks Australian English, when asked if he would say " " in a T-rated game, Tom Casiello responded that they would like to but they received a "hard no" from America's ESRB, though other rating boards were fine with it.
- Fuse's mortar is named Wally. Wally is also the nickname of Fuse himself, used by Maggie.
- Fuse is pansexual.
- Fuse shares some similarities with the fake Legend Forge: They are both Caucasian males fighters with a robotic arm and a mallen streak. Their names are also somewhat similar.
- When Forge was announced as the Season 4 Legend, lead writer Manny Hagopian accidentally tweeted "Fuse" instead. This was 1 year before Fuse was released.
- In both "Good as Gold" and the Season 8 Launch Trailer, Fuse had a fake-out death. This is a reference to the fact that Forge was killed in his trailer before he could enter the Games. Manny Hagopian even commented that, in a way, he killed Forge twice.
- In the Season 8 Launch Trailer, one of the signs says "Fuse Forged by Salvo" as another nod to Forge.
- Fuse's Dread Captain skin is a reference to Cervantes, a character from the Soul Calibur franchise.
- Back in development, Fuse’s ultimate, The Motherlode, was a big bomb that would launch similarly to how it does now, but then just land, explode, and kill anyone nearby.
- Fuse's quote on the official website is a reference to Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, a song by the Australian rock band AC/DC.
- Fuse's Knuckle Cluster tactical is slightly derived from the Cluster Missile Titan Ordnance kit. Though instead of a missile that explodes into clusters on impact, he fires a grenade that sticks to surfaces and explodes into clusters after a short delay.
- Fuse's bionic arm has severely impacted his handwriting ability with his right hand. 
- Fuse used several aliases in the Bonecage before settling on his current name, including "Walt'titude," "Mr. Biffo," and "Timebomb." 
- Fuse's reputation on Salvo has plummeted since he joined the Syndicate-sponsored Apex Games. 
- In an interaction between Fuse and Mad Maggie, it is revealed that Fuse only has seven toes. It is currently unknown why.
- During the 3rd Anniversary collection events, two skins were released based on Fuse's Dread Captain skin - Blood and Plunder for Mad Maggie and Dread Navigator for Bloodhound.
- Fuse Transition Text “No Guts, No Glory”
- RV-AmandaD on Reddit
- Respawn on Twitter
- Stories from the Outlands - Good as Gold
- Transition - The Freedom of Salvo
- Transition - Pour One Out
- Transition - No Guts, No Glory
- Transition - [Insert Mourning Here]
- frozenfroh on Twitter
- Season 8 Quest - Armageddon - Page 1 - Armed and Dangerous
- Season 8 Quest - Armageddon - Page 3 - There Will Be No Armistice
- Season 8 Quest - Armageddon - Page 7 - Harmony
- Season 9 Quest - The Legacy Antigen - Part 5 - Haunted by Broken Ghosts
- Season 9 Quest - Part 9 - Retribution
- Out-of-game media - The Legacy Antigen - Epilogue
- Loading Screen - Eavesdroppin' a Line
- Maggie's Last Words
- Amanda Doiron on Twitter
- Season 12 Loading Screen - "Tuesday Nights at Paradise Lounge"
- The Perfect Son Chapter 3 - "Concentrate Your Fire"
- Season 13 Launch Trailer
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Sam Gill on Twitter
- Amanda Doiron on Twitter
- Manny Hagopian on Twitter
- Manny Hagopian on Twitter
- Season 10 Loading Screen - "Eavesdroppin' a Line"
- Real Steel skin lore blurb
- ArtStation - Apex Legends, Brett Marting