|“||Back on Salvo, when I was just a welp with two arms, two eyes, and zero clue, my merc group got hired by a dairy farmer to bash some meatheads he thought were killin’ his livestock at night until he paid up. So we watched the fields, eatin’ the farmer’s cheese when a bloody massive momma Prowler is on us. She’d been the one wreckin’ the farmer’s lives, and she set to wreckin’ ours by swallowin’ my best mate. So I dove in after her. I was neck-deep in her neck when I realized I didn’t have a plan to get us out. With classic timing, that farmer’s cheese turned over in my guts, and it came to me. I pulled the pins off every gas grenade we had. The momma ripped a huge belch, pal and me go flyin’, and the Momma barreled off, gas comin’ out both ends. The farmers tried to pay us in cheese, but I nearly had a spew. So they gave me a guitar instead. And that’s the story of my first six-string.|
|Real Name||Walter Fitzroy|
|Tactical Ability||Knuckle Cluster|
|Ultimate Ability||The Motherlode|
|Voice Actor||Ben Prendergast|
Fuse is an Offensive Legend who specializes in explosives. His Knuckle Cluster slows and damages the enemy, making it good for pushing, while his Grenadier passive ability allows him to hold 2 grenades per inventory slot and throw grenades farther, faster, and more accurately, all thanks to his mechanical arm. His ultimate, The Motherlode, creates a ring of fire around his enemies.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Ladies’ man, man’s man, and all-round manly man, Fuse is a one-man wrecking crew... and he knows it. Fuse exudes joy; he’s a laid-back explosives enthusiast who’s damn near covered in things that go BOOM. Fuse doesn’t lack confidence, but he often lacks a plan. He’s a blow-up-first ask-questions-later kinda guy, who’s always looking for a good scrap.
Fuse grew up on Salvo--a brutal planet ruled by a rotating collection of misfit warlords bent on mayhem, murder, and good times. For most of his life, he worked as a mercenary alongside his childhood friend, Maggie. But while she aspired to become one of Salvo’s most powerful warlords, Fuse felt the pull of the arena. Fuse found his calling late in life-fighting in Salvo’s bloodsport: the Bonecage. He proved to be the best, most charismatic, and beloved gladiator on the planet. But he itched to join the grandest stage of them all: the Apex Games. While Salvo remained a part of Independent Space that dream was impossible, but once they joined the Syndicate, his chance arrived. It came at a price, however -- Maggie wouldn’t let him go without a fight.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Knuckle Cluster[edit | edit source]
|Description||Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.|
- When stuck to a surface or enemy (dealing 10 dmg), takes about 1.5 sec to cluster mini-explosions multiple times, dealing up to 50 damage per grenade.
- Doesn’t affect teammates, but still affects Fuse himself.
- Can press Tactical Ability Button to launch immediately or hold it down before launch. Switch weapons to cancel ability if not needed.
- Can destroy doors.
- Can be stuck to players and Crypto’s Surveillance Drone.
- Can disable Nox Gas Traps.
- A single bomb can destroy Black Market Boutique, Death Totem and Amped Cover.
- Its explosion point will be fixed on the point where the initial explosion sets off so it doesn't keep exploding on the players. But the player still has to run away from the splash damage.
- Can be intercepted by Wattson’s Interception Pylon.
- Hit players who are at a tough angle or at a corner where there is no line of sight.
- This ability is best used on a group of enemies indoors at mid to long-range.
- Be careful using this in indoor fights - it's easy to accidentally destroy doors you might want to keep intact for cover.
Grenadier[edit | edit source]
|Description||Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.|
- Keep in mind that Frag Grenades will bounce off walls even harder thanks to the extra speed. Use this to your advantage to attack enemies without a direct line of sight.
- Try to carry as many grenades as possible. It is best to carry one slot of each type of grenade to maximize the use of your passive.
- This ability can persist when changing characters in the Firing Range.
- There is a glitch (in the Firing Range) where Fuse can hold an infinite amount of grenades per slot by filling your entire inventory with grenades, changing legends, dropping one grenade, then changing back to Fuse and filling your inventory again. (Note that you’ll have to do this process again once your inventory fills up again)
- Occasionally, after a grenade is launched, and there are no more grenades in your inventory, it can look like you have one ready to launch, but it won’t actually do anything. This will go away if you take out your weapon or holster.
The Motherlode[edit | edit source]
|Description||Launch a bombardment that encircles a target in a wall of flame.|
|Charge time||120 seconds|
- Explodes mid-air and takes a couple of seconds to land after firing.
- Can ADS before launching for a 3x zoom.
- Can be fired up to 200 meters away.
- Touching the fire does 35 damage and lights enemies on fire, causing a 5s burn effect that slows the player and does 8 (12 while on top of fire ring) damage per second (40 burn damage, 75 damage total [95 damage if you remain in the fire]). If the burn effect ends before the ultimate expires, touching the fire will do the same damage again. Touching the ring of fire while burning will not cause the initial 35 damage again until the burn effect expires.
- Fire lasts for 17 seconds.
- Doesn’t damage teammates, but affects Fuse himself. Be careful near your own fire as it does heavy damage to yourself.
- Fire on top of downed enemies to prevent them from escaping and from their teammates being able to revive. Aim so that they are just inside the edge of the ring to land the fire on top of them and bypass their knockdown shield similar to using a thermite grenade (account for downed movement speed while aiming or use a finisher to prevent movement until the fire lands then cancel the finisher if other enemies are nearby). You want to make sure they are inside the ring when the ability lands and not outside of it or the ability is wasted. Punch downed enemies into the fire if this occurs.
- Light chokepoints on fire to prevent enemies from chasing you especially when low on health.
- During close-range engagements near the fire if your enemies are close enough to the edge of the ring punch them towards the fire to knock them into it and light them on fire.
- Throw grenades and use your Knuckle Cluster at enemies trapped inside the ring. Often they will panic and be hit by either the grenade, the ring of fire, or both. Thermites are especially effective at obscuring their vision and limiting their maneuverability within the ring.
- Combine this with Gibraltar's Defensive Bombardment or Caustic's gas to kill enemies easily. For a more devastating effect, combine it with Horizon's Black Hole to stop enemies from escaping.
- Be careful when using the ability indoors, as you can take damage from your own ultimate.
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 45 Legend skins for Fuse, 5 Legendary, 6 Epic, 18 Rare, and 16 Common.
- Included in the Fuse Launch Bundle.
Badges[edit | edit source]
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Holo-Sprays[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice lines[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- On January 15, 2021, Kings Canyon was brought back into the rotation along with a ship that appeared on all maps with a marquee saying "SALVO JOINING SYNDICATE". The ship has crashed on Kings Canyon, and since then has opened up a new gameplay space on the map, known as Crash Site.
- From January 16-21, 2021, a bomb, Fuse's ultimate The Motherlode, would come falling from the sky when Rings 4 and 5 would begin counting down, except that instead of spontaneously exploding, it would explode after being shot.
- On January 17, 2021, the Apex Legends Twitter account tweeted another poster written "Salvo presents the... Ambassador of BOOM!" under Fuse's silhouette. This poster is also vandalized with the word "TRAITOR" over it with a skull similar to the previous one of Salvo M.C.
- On January 18, 2021, "Good as Gold" was released.
- On January 20, 2021, the Apex Legends Twitter account tweeted a third poster as a ceremony invite with an image of an IMS Thermopylae ship. It is also defaced in the same fashion as the previous ones with the phrase: "Time to knock the bastards off!".
- On January 21, 2021, the Season 8 Launch Trailer was released.
- On January 26, 2021, the Season 8 Gameplay Trailer was released.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fuse was the oldest fighter ever to qualify for the Bonecage bloodsport at the age of 51. He also made history by winning 21 straight matches - 8 more than the previous record.
- Even though Fuse speaks Australian English, when asked if he would say " " in a T-rated game, Tom Casiello responded that they would like to but they received a "hard no" from America's ESRB, though other rating boards were fine with it.
- Fuse's cannon is named Wally. Wally is also the nickname of Fuse himself, used by Maggie.
- Fuse is pansexual.
- Fuse shares some similarities with the fake Legend Forge: They are both Caucasian males fighters with a robotic arm and a white streak in their hair. Their names are also somewhat similar.
- When Forge was announced as the Season 4 Legend, lead writer Manny Hagopian accidentally tweeted "Fuse" instead. This was 1 year before Fuse was released.
- In both "Good as Gold" and the Season 8 Launch Trailer, Fuse had a fake-out death. This is a reference to the fact that Forge was killed in his trailer before he could enter the Games. Manny Hagopian even commented that, in a way, he killed Forge twice.
- In the Season 8 Launch Trailer, one of the signs says "Fuse Forged by Salvo" as another nod to Forge.
- Fuse's Dread Captain skin is a reference to Cervantes, a character from the Soul Calibur franchise.
- Back in development, Fuse’s ultimate, The Motherlode, was a big bomb that would launch similarly to how it does now, but then just land, explode, and kill anyone nearby.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]