|“||Being an Apex Legend takes courage, strength, and confidence... or as some call it, 'Just being Gibraltar' heh heh... We all put passion in our matches and fight like each day depends on it; my work with S.A.R.A.S. taught me that. You need to love what you do, care about what you do, and believe in your ability to do what you do; my parents taught me that. Finally, brothas, trust in those around you, protect those around you, and never forget that no matter how big you are, the world is always bigger; the Apex Games taught me that. Let's go change a life!|
|Real Name||Makoa Gibraltar|
|Weight||292 lbs (132 kg)|
|Height||6'5" (196 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Dome of Protection|
|Passive Ability||Gun Shield|
|Ultimate Ability||Defensive Bombardment|
|Voice Actor||Branscombe Richmond|
Gibraltar is a Legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Gibraltar is a mountainous Defensive Legend. His tactical ability Dome of Protection creates a temporary half-dome shield that can be walked through, but not fired through. His passive ability Gun Shield causes a shield to form around the upper half of his body whenever he aims down sights; this shield takes some damage before breaking. His ultimate ability Defensive Bombardment causes a damaging and stunning cluster strike to land on a targeted location.
Dome of Protection
|Dome of Protection|
|Description||Blocks incoming and outgoing attacks.|
- Throws a large disc, which upon landing projects a dome shield around it. The dome has a radius of 6 meters and lasts 12 seconds.
- The dome shield stops all incoming and outgoing bullets and projectiles while allowing players to move through it.
- Gibraltar revives allies 33% faster while inside his dome (6 seconds -> 4.5 seconds).
- Example: If you have a downed teammate and are being rushed, throw down your ultimate and then your dome right behind the center of the explosion, so the enemy has to walk through it to get to you.
|Passive||H// to disable|
|Description||Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming fire.|
- While aiming, Gibraltar will have an energy shield in front of him with 50 health that protects his upper body from incoming fire while allowing him to shoot out.
- If broken, it has a 9-second cooldown before regenerating.
- The health of the energy shield can be seen on both the left and right sides while aiming down sights. The cooldown meter can also be seen refilling the 1-8 bars of energy meter.
- Any excess damage inflicted when destroying the shield will be transferred over to Gibraltar himself.
|Description||Call in a concentrated mortar strike on a marked position.|
|Charge time||4.5 minutes|
- Throws a smoke grenade that marks a 24-meter radius around it for a mortar strike.
- For 6 seconds, explosives continuously rain down on the area, dealing 40 damage per hit and shell-shocking players.
- The area is marked for all players with red circles indicating where mortar shells will hit.
|Description||Incoming damage reduced by 15%. Not slowed by bullets.|
- Take 15% less damage from every attack.
- Fortified Legends are immune to slow effects from weapon fire.
Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two S.A.R.A.S. (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend Nikolas stole his father's motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.
The Apex Games didn't change that, but they changed what it meant. Many of Gibraltar's friends and colleagues have competed in the Games for extra money, fame, and glory over the years, and some never came home. Gibraltar joined to keep them safe and, for the first time, his skills as a rescuer and his rebellious nature worked together. He's now become an icon in the Apex Games, putting himself in the line of fire to protect his squad and send his opponents running for cover.
There are a total of 67 Legend skins for Gibraltar; 21 Legendary, 5 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Resurrected Bundle.
Story of Gibraltar:
- Millennium Tusk: When a Chevrex benefit dinner was hijacked by wannabe mobsters with Gibraltar in attendance, he stole one of their uniforms and posed as part of the group to save the day - like Gibraltars do.
- Gentle Giant: The Search and Rescue Association of Solace was founded by the Gibraltar family in 2525, Makoa Gibraltar enlisted as a part-time volunteer and continues to prioritize his duty over being a Legend on a daily basis.
- Was originally named Roughneck
- Was originally named Greatness Awaits.
This set was made available during the Fight Night event. Anyone who completed the Fight Night Collection set will be given this automatically.
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: War Club
- A Banner Pose: Like a Rock
- An Intro Quip: "When this is over, they'll all know the name 'Gibraltar.'"
Front Row Seat
- Gibraltar's dome shield is adapted from the ones in Titanfall 1 and 2 used to protect newly called titans. His gun shield is similar to the one used by Legion.
- Gibraltar's cultural background draws from the entirety of Polynesia, especially from Hawaiian, Samoan, and Māori culture. His melee weapon, specifically the one seen in some banner frames and his default finisher and not his heirloom, is a patu, a type of war club used by the Māori.
- According to writer Tom Casiello, his ancestors were Samoan, Tongan, Hawaiian, Indonesian, and even a little Peruvian, through one great great great great great grandfather.
- The sled-shield on Gibraltar’s Brudda Bear Skin has a label named “maunga”. In the Māori language, this means Mountain, the picture above the logo.
- Gibraltar is homosexual.
- Gibraltar Loading Screen Text "Tip of the Spear"
- Every Legend in Apex Legends Explained By Respawn | WIRED
- Prog Wang on Artstation
- Danny Gardner on Artstation
- bamiboy on Twitter