Hop-Up attachments are special weapon attachments that greatly impact the weapon's performance. One Hop-Up attachment can be equipped for each available Hop-Up slot the weapon has. Weapons usually only have one Hop-Up slot available, except for the Bocek Compound Bow, which has two. The available hop-ups change every season.
List of formerly available Hop-Ups
List of Hop-Ups
|Weapons||R-301 Carbine, VK-47 Flatline|
|Description||Increases semi-auto damage, but the single fire uses 2 ammo per shot and the rate of fire is reduced.|
|Weapons||Hemlok Burst AR, Wingman|
|Description||Reloading while near empty will speed up reloading and overload the next magazine.|
- Can be triggered when there are 2/2/3/3 or less bullets remaining in the magazine for Wingman and 5/7/8/9 or less bullets remaining for Hemlok.
- Successful reload overloads the magazine by 2 bullets for Wingman and 6 bullets for Hemlok. This amount is unaffected by the level of the magazine or how many bullets were remaining upon reload.
- Reload time reduction is ~33% for Wingman and ~27% for Hemlok.[verify]
|Weapons||Bocek Compound Bow, Sentinel|
|Description||Firing at the perfect moment increases fire rate.|
|Weapons||Alternator SMG, RE-45 Auto|
|Description||Increases damage to shielded targets.|
Double Tap Trigger
|Double Tap Trigger|
|Weapons||EVA-8 Auto, G7 Scout|
|Description||Grants an alternative burst fire mode, firing two rounds per trigger pull.|
|Weapons||Mastiff Shotgun (unavailable), 30-30 Repeater|
|Description||Allows compatible weapons to reload 2 rounds at a time.|
|Weapons||Mozambique Shotgun, P2020, RE-45 Auto|
|Description||Increases unshielded damage.|
|Weapons||Peacekeeper, Triple Take|
|Description||Automatically loads rounds and reduces choke time while sliding.|
- Reloads 1 round for every second spent sliding for Peacekeeper and 3 rounds per second for Triple Take.
- Season 12 – current
|Weapons||Peacekeeper, Triple Take|
|Description||Greatly reduces the gun's spread by aiming down sights, up to three levels.|
|Weapons||RE-45 Auto, Wingman|
|Description||Reduces the weapon's swap time, ADS time, and hip-fire spread.|
- Although considered unavailable, it has been partially integrated into both the RE-45 Auto and the Wingman.
|Weapons||HAVOC Rifle, Prowler Burst PDW|
|Description||Grants an alternative fire mode for compatible weapons.|
|Weapons||Bocek Compound Bow, 30-30 Repeater (unavailable)|
|Description||Rounds split into a blast pattern when hip firing.|
- Splits into 7 pellets for both weapons.
- 30-30 Repeater dealt 7 damage per pellet and Bocek deals 5/8/12 damage per pellet.
- Increases legshot modifier to 1× for 30-30 and fully drawn Bocek, but also reduces its headshot modifiers to 1.25×.
|Weapons||30-30 Repeater, Longbow DMR, Wingman|
|Description||Increases the weapon's headshot multiplier.|
|Weapons||Devotion LMG, HAVOC Rifle|
|Description||Reduces autofire spin-up time for compatible weapons.|
|Description||Increases magazine size by 15% and decreases reload time by 25%. Also allows paint-loaded rounds.|
|Weapons||Rampart's Custom Modded Paintball Weapons|
|Description||Splatter foes with random rainbow rounds. Faster Reloads.|
- The Turbocharger is the most persistent hop-up, having appeared in 10 out of 13 seasons. The Disruptor Rounds is the most fleeting, having only appeared in Season 2.
- There are three instances of a hop-up applying only to one weapon: Before the Havoc was added shortly after launch, the Devotion was the only weapon to equip the Turbocharger, and the Prowler was the only weapon to equip the Selectfire Receiver. In Season 5, the Triple Take was the only weapon to equip the Precision Choke, since the Peacekeeper had become a Supply Drop Weapon.
- Some hop-ups have had their effects built in to the weapons they were equipped to:
- The Graffiti Mod hop-Up was accidentally leaked early in the first Hunt of "The Broken Ghost" quest, where it spawned in one of the loot bins.
- The Splatter Rounds hop-up used to increase magazine capacity by 15% (essentially mimicking Rampart's Modded Loader passive), but this was deemed too strong.
- There were no voice lines for the Kinetic Feeder hop-up until Season 13, meaning it took 3 months for the hop-up to get voice lines. This is the longest time that a new hop-up has been released without a voice line to accompany it after the Boosted Loader.
- In Apex Mobile, Selectfire Receiver cannot be equipped to the HAVOC Rifle, only the Prowler Burst PDW