It features an abundance of areas varying from military facilities to slums, with a river dividing it down the middle. It is an island filled with Creatures, and surrounded by water on all sides, with hazardous cliffs that drop to the sea level below.
Different versions of the map have been reused multiple times during its absence from the permanent playlist. A night-time version of the map was also made available during the Shadowfall limited-time mode and the Grand Soirée event's Kings Canyon Nighttime game mode.
Once a simple settlement on the planet Solace dating back to the earliest expeditions to the Frontier, the island that is known as Kings Canyon, didn't thrive until a century later when the now-defunct IMC chose it as a hub for research and development. It housed an airbase, a water treatment plant, and a plethora of other facilities to support the IMC’s operations - operations like a highly classified project on the function of Phase tech, or a radical program to create a simulacra army powered by a single brain. But on the surface, Kings Canyon seemed like a simple IMC installation that, for all its faults, brought stability and jobs to Solace.
To blow off steam, IMC soldiers station here would compete in gladiator-esque combat in an area they nicknamed 'Thunderdome'. Years later, when the Syndicate commissioned the rebuilding of the island of Kings Canyon as the home of their newest bloodsport, they insisted Thunderdome remain untouched - a tribute to the earliest known predecessor of what we know today as 'The Apex Games'.
An EMP detonated by Crypto in the Repulsor Tower allowed the nearby Flyers and Leviathans to invade the island. The Leviathans made their home in the river and destroyed the settlements on it. The Legends were evacuated and the games were put on hold due to the attack. This respite allowed the Syndicate to add new areas to the map, including a huge structure near the destroyed Bridges and Hydro Dam called The Cage and a camp near what was once the Cascades called Containment.
The games eventually returned to Kings Canyon. However, after a failed attempt at killing Revenant, Loba Andrade accidentally set off a chain of explosions in an abandoned simulacra facility causing Thunderdome and Skulltown to collapse, and much of the island has been excavated under the watchful eye of the Syndicate.
When the inauguration for Salvo into Syndicate space and Fuse's entrance into the Apex Games was taking place on Kings Canyon, his old friend Maggie would hijack the ceremony ship, attacking the gathering civilians. Additionally, she blew up the northern mountains with explosives and forced the ship to crash there, causing contamination to the water from the fuel that is leaking from the crashed ship. This would force ECHO to set up camps and outposts to ensure the remaining water doesn't get contaminated.
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Supply Bins|
|Airbase||High||Airbase is located on the westernmost side of the map near Runoff. A large spread out area separated by North/South runways, with airships and crates located at the ends of each, and a zipline connecting both sides. Assorted supply bins and buildings on the landside. Predominantly mid-range engagements.|
|ARES Capacitor||Mid||A large sunken area protected on the south, east and north sides by high steel walls. Several medium-sized buildings are scattered around the area, along with three Charge Towers and an Explosive Hold.|
|Artillery Battery||High||Artillery is located near the northernmost part of the map. A large concrete base with multiple large buildings, surrounded by high walls. Mid to long-range engagement distances. 2 large main buildings, one hangar, 2 tunnels, and a side extension at the end of one tunnel. As of Season 8, the middle of the hangar at the northernmost side of Artillery has been destroyed and now gives access to Crash Site.|
|Artillery Underpass||Basic||A small tunnel going from Artillery to Watchtower North. The northern entrance has a downward slope going to a large door, this leads to a smaller chamber that has another large door with two smaller ones beside it going to Watchtower North.|
|Broken Coast||Basic||The Broken Coast is the area in between Octane's Gauntlet and Market.|
|Broken Coast Overlook||Mid||A small outpost near Octane's Gauntlet.|
|Broken Coast South||Basic||Broken Coast South is the area in between Market and Caustic Treatment.|
|Broken Relay||The remains of Relay, it consists of the buildings formerly on the southeast area of Relay.|
|Bunker Pass||High||Bunker Pass is a tunnel, located in the middle of the map that connects the village on River Central to the village on High Desert. It also has 3 supply bins near the entrance of each side.|
|Cage||Mid||Currently the tallest structure in the game not considered out-of-bounds, Cage is a maze-like structure flanked on its western and northern sides by tunnel-like corridors.|
|Capacitor Tunnel||Basic||Capacitor Tunnel is a short tunnel connecting the interior of Singh Labs to the ARES Capacitor.|
|Caves||Basic||A network of Caves in the center of map. It has two main paths, one starting from River Center and one from Destroyed Bridges, both of which end up in Market. Loot bins are scattered on the Bridges path.|
|Crashed Ship||High||The crashed remains of the IMS Thermopylae. Located in the north of the map, there is abundant loot under the propped-up hull of the ship and on the scaffolding surrounding it.|
|Crash Site||High||The devastated area created by the crash of the IMS Thermopylae. Located in the north of the map surrounding Crashed Ship, there are several ECHO outposts scattered around the area, monitoring the fuel leak coming from the crashed ship.|
|Creature Containment||Mid||A large outpost made after the Leviathan invasion of Kings Canyon, it houses cages for the containment of captured Flyers and a miniature Repulsor tower located on its center.|
|Crypto's Map Room||High||A Town Takeover added in the Lost Treasures event. It features a large building with a large satellite. On the bottom floor of this building is a holographic map of Kings Canyon capable of showing the location of all Legends on the map and the next ring location. It also contains multiple screens around the inside that show the number of enemy squads in the area which are useful for finding enemies and predicting possible third-parties.|
|Destroyed Artillery Tunnel||Basic||A tunnel connecting the IMC's Airbase Battery to the settlement of Cascades and the northern watchtower, a portion of it was opened by the crash of the IMS Thermopylae, creating an entrance to the Crash Site.|
|Destroyed Cascades||Mid||The area once containing a small settlement called Cascades. The construction of the ECHO outpost of Lagoon Crossing has completely erased whatever remained of the once vibrant settlement.|
|East Settlement||Basic||East Settlement is a small cluster of buildings located in between Market and Water Treatment. It is composed of four buildings with the one on top having a connection to an antenna tower.|
|High Desert||High||High Desert is a medium-sized settlement located between the west entrance to Bunker Pass, Runoff, and Airbase. It has lots of small shacks divided into a lower and upper area by a bridge. The upper area also has a watchtower of sorts that can grant you a controlling view of the surrounding areas.|
|Hillside Outpost||Mid||Hillside Outpost is an area located right next to Lagoon with a couple of buildings nestled in a facility carved into the hill. This area was formerly a grassy, downhill area going to the Cascades in Season 1 but has been developed since.|
|Hydro Dam||Basic||The Hydro Dam is a huge area with varying connections to nearby locations. It has several buildings spread out over a large area.|
|Hydro Tunnel||Basic||Hydro Tunnel is a small passage going from The Cage to Hydro Dam. From The Cage, there is a small structure leading to a staircase going down to a large indoor area. This indoor area contains an underground and ground-level area, of which there is loot scattered on the floor. This indoor area has a large door going to Hydro Dam alongside a smaller door located on one of the service corridors.|
|Interstellar Relay||High||Relay is situated in the north-east corner of the map. With the map changes in Season 5, much of Relay was destroyed to make way for the connection to Offshore Rig, with the only remaining structures being the ones located west of the river.|
|Lagoon Crossing||Mid||A collection of structures made by ECHO to monitor the water quality of the river's northern end, it also features a bridge going to Hillside Outpost.|
|Marketplace||Mid||Marketplace, commonly known as Market, is a completely indoors area with close to mid-range engagements. It has several rooms with varying loot in each, as well as loot around the floor area, inside empty store parts, and on top of the canvas roofs of the markets. It has two entrances at the top with zip-lines for easy access as well as several medium-sized doors on the upper level.|
|Octane's Gauntlet||Mid||A Town Takeover added in the Iron Crown event. It features a track field with jump pads in it and a huge ramp in the middle with a flaming ring of fire that contains at least Epic-tier loot.|
|Offshore Rig||High||Offshore Rig is a huge area located off the coast of the northeast corner of the map.|
|Offshore Rig Loading||Basic||Offshore Rig Loading is a small valley between Swamps and Offshore Rig.|
|Reclaimed Forest||Mid||Reclaimed Forest is a wilderness area on the site of the former Shattered Forest and Nesting Grounds. It connects areas between Singh Labs, Two Spines Outpost, and ARES Capacitor.|
|Repulsor||High||The Repulsor is situated towards the South-East of the map. It contains three covered pits, and two larger multi-story buildings, as well as some smaller structures. In Season 2, the eponymous Repulsor Tower has been destroyed by Crypto and crashed, and it is now on fire.|
|River Center||Mid||River Center is an area dotted with medium to large shacks connected by ziplines straddling the riverside. The entrance to Bunker is located on the northernmost parts alongside the road to Hillside Outpost and the Nesting Grounds. The southern part of the area has roads leading to Golden Sands, the caves to Salvage, and a small path towards Destroyed Bridges. The area is colloquially called Bunkertown.|
|Runoff||High||The Runoff is a sewage treatment facility on the far west of the map. It is comprised mainly of several large buildings of two floors interconnected with bridges. Some circular rooms in the buildings contain zip-lines to navigate between the two floors.|
|Skull Salvage||High||Skull Salvage is an area located just off the Broken Coast outside of Market. It houses facilities for the salvage of the huge Leviathan skull that once towered over Skull Town.|
|Singh Labs||Mid||A Town Takeover for the Voidwalker event. In the exterior area of the Town Takeover, there is one small facility to the north of the giant portal while there is a bigger excavation camp around it. A huge door can also be accessed on the dig site, allowing access to the interior area.|
|Singh Labs Interior||High||A Town Takeover for the Voidwalker event. The area can be accessed in three ways, by the Giant Portal protruding from the external Singh Labs area, the giant door located near it, or the side tunnel coming from the ARES Capacitor.|
|Spotted Lake||High||The devastation to the North has caused flooding to wipe Slum Lakes off the map. In its place is Spotted Lake, which attributes its name to the unusual spots found in the flooded, contaminated waters. ECHO camps have been set up and a huge Filtration Dam has been built in an attempt to clean up and reverse the damage caused by the leaking fuel of the Crashed Ship.|
|Suspended Skull||Basic||Suspended Skull is the remaining piece of the huge Leviathan skull that once towered over Skull Town. It is connected to the Broken Coast and Skull Salvage with ziplines.|
|Swamps||High||The Swamps are located on the easternmost portion of the map. This area features buildings raised on stilts above the mud, large partially submerged pipelines, and ziplines and bridges connecting large shacks. The northern area was changed in Season 5 and now features a small settlement of newer structures and a bridge that connects to Offshore Rig. The southern area remained untouched and still provides access to Hydro Dam, Repulsor, and Singh Labs.|
|The Pit||High||The Pit is a small circular canyon arena situated in the north-west of the map, accessible only by four narrow paths. The area is level and clear, with only a few supply bins and crates for cover. Despite its open roof, Lifeline cannot call her Care Package while in The Pit.|
|Two Spines||Mid||Two Spines is a wilderness area between Two Spines Outpost and Artillery.|
|Two Spines Outpost||Mid||Two Spines Outpost is a small outpost located on the entrance to ARES Capacitor from Two Spines.|
|Verdant Crossing||Mid||Located on the site of the former settlement of River's End, Verdant Crossing is an ECHO outpost made to monitor the water quality of the river's southern end.|
|Watchtower North||High||Watchtower North is a vantage point located just outside Artillery Tunnel and overlooking Destroyed Cascades and Creature Containment.|
|Watchtower South||High||Watchtower South is a vantage point located just outside Repulsor and overlooking Verdant Crossing and Caustic Treatment.|
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Current Location|
|Artillery Tunnel||Low||A small tunnel located on the very north of Artillery.||Destroyed Artillery Tunnel|
|Bridges||Bridges is a small settlement located beyond the Caves near Skulltown and on the road going down from Hydro Dam in Season 1.||Cage Crossing|
|Cascades||Cascades is a small village located below the North Watchtower and The Farm in Season 1.||Destroyed Cascades|
|Destroyed Bridges||Basic||The destroyed remains of Bridges. A Leviathan used to be located in the center where the eponymous bridges stood, but it moved back into the sea after the explosion that brought about the Season 5 map changes. A couple of structures are located on the western side of the area going to Caves.||Cage Crossing|
|Mirage Voyage||High Tier||A Town Takeover added in the Holo-Day Bash event. It features a Supply Ship with a lot of loot and a lot of Mirage decoys. At the bar section, the disco ball is a cargo pod, you can spawn two more cargo pods by starting the party on the upper deck of the ship. It was originally on World's Edge until it was removed in Season 6, then moved to Kings Canyon in Season 7. It was subsequently removed in Season 8.||None|
|Nesting Grounds||Low||Reclaimed Forest|
|River's End||Mid||River's End is a small settlement, some of it destroyed due to the Leviathan invasion, located on the south end of the map on the way to Repulsor or Water Treatment.||Verdant Crossing|
|Shattered Forest||Low||The Shattered Forest is a large open location near the northern area of the map between Wetlands, The Farm, Swamps, and Hydro Dam in Season 1. It was caused by Wattson testing out her prototype for The Ring, but Lightning struck the generator and burns the surrounding forest down.||Reclaimed Forest|
|Skull Town||Mid||Skull Town is a plus-shaped 4 lane area with multiple buildings and several levels to traverse. It is partially covered by a large animal skeleton that has several zip-lines connecting it to the town.||Salvage|
|Slum Lakes||Mid||The Slum Lakes is a large town of shacks in the north-west corner of the map. The town is split by a wide trench containing two long industrial pipes and a zipline spanning the length of the area. It provides close access to Runoff and The Pit.||Spotted Lake|
|Terminal Station F-85||High||Terminal Station F-85 is a small underground area accessible from a Vault Door or by entering from the destroyed opening looking out to the Broken Bay.||None|
|Terminal Station L-19||High||Terminal Station L-19 is a small underground area accessible from a Vault Door by Slum Lakes.||None|
|Terminal Station O-240||High||Terminal Station O-240 is a small underground area accessible from a Vault Door below Artillery.||None|
|Terminal Station W-73||High||Terminal Station W-73 is a small underground area accessible from a Vault Door on Destroyed Bridges.||None|
|The Farm||Mid||This area exists above Hillside Outpost and contains two buildings with a small underground tunnel located on the one near Reclaimed Forest.||None|
|Thunderdome||High||Thunderdome is an area with caged structures connected by zip lines. This area features two grounded cage structures, connecting to a hanging cage, a spiral staircase tower, and loot areas surround a respawn beacon up the hill.||Salvage|
|Water Treatment||High||Water Treatment is situated on the south coast of Kings Canyon. The main plant building lies at the southernmost cliff, with four sewage containers surrounding its north perimeter. The building has 4 main rooms connected by corridors on the second floor. Aside from the building, loot can be found in supply bins outside the building on the south side and with occasional weapon spawns near the outer rings. This area has a nearby Respawn Beacon on the east side with 3 Supply Bins around it. A supply ship may land on its east or west landing platforms.||Caustic Treatment|
|Waterfall||Mid||Waterfall is a series of small shacks located behind the eponymous waterfall between Slums and North Watchtower.||Spotted Lake|
|West Settlement||Mid||The West Settlement is a small cluster of buildings located north of Thunderdome, south of Airbase, and west of Skull Town. It was in the game until the Iron Crown event where it was replaced.||Octane's Gauntlet|
|Wetlands||Mid||Located near the northeastern side of the map, Wetlands consists of a few clusters of protected buildings overlooked by several protected rock vantage points. While not known for abundant loot, it can provide defense despite the surrounding high ground.||ARES Capacitor|
- Ziplines: Yellow highlighted ziplines are set between certain locations across the map. Players can use them to travel between points across large distances and are activated with the Interact Key. They come in two variants: vertical, which only carry the player up; and horizontal, bi-directional lines that can carry players far distances. Players can drop off with the Jump Key and reconnect to ziplines at any time. Ziplines that are part of the map are permanently connected with tall zipline poles or are connected directly into the environment. Horizontal ziplines can be traveled across in either direction, regardless of incline. Also, note that Pathfinder can create ziplines with his ultimate ability, but can only establish them up to a certain distance and only horizontally. Players cannot interact with zip lines while downed. Wraith cannot use zipline while activating her ultimate ability, as both of her arms are occupied.
- Balloons: High altitude red balloons, connected by a vertical zip-line, are scattered throughout the map. Interacting with one of these air balloons will send your legend up the zipline and automatically deploy your glide upon reaching the top, allowing you to traverse the map quickly. You can drop off the balloon zipline at any time by pressing the jump key, but this will not deploy your glide.
- Doors: Metal doors typically come in single or double pairs, with large, unbreakable doors being present in certain areas (hangar doors on Hydro Dam, bunker doors on Bunker). Doors can be opened and closed by pressing the interact key, or by shooting the handle with certain weapons. Regular doors can open by being kicked open by using a melee attack on them and broken by melee twice. Bullets do not go through doors but doors can be destroyed by explosive damage.
- Respawn Beacons: Respawn Beacons are scattered all across the map so that players may respawn dead teammates, as long as at least one squad member has retrieved their banner. Respawn beacons are a one-use feature but up to two team members may be respawned at once. Respawn Beacons can be used by any player, but once used, is deactivated for the rest of the match. These beacons are often surrounded by 1-3 supply bins to resupply the respawned teammate. To activate a beacon, hold the interact key while close to it, and after a few seconds teammate will be airlifted in. Unlike while looting a death box, the player cannot strafe while activating the beacon, much like reviving a downed teammate.
- Charge Towers: Large towers that can be activated and will fully charge the ultimate ability of all players standing on the platform.
- Observation Towers: Located at ECHO camps, these towers can be raised by pressing a button, and will create a vertical zipline after it is finished raising. The spawn rates of sniper weapons, ammo, and attachments are also higher on observation towers.
- Hot Zone: At the start of each match, a random location on the map is designated as a Hot Zone, indicated by a pulsing blue circle marker. Indicating that, around that area, there will be higher quality loot and a chance of finding a legendary version of a stock weapon, which will have full legendary attachments and use regular ammo.
- Supply Ship: At the start of the game, a mobile supply ship travels to a random destination on the map (designated by a blue ship outline marker). The supply ship has an outer deck and an inner hallway and contains a small quantity of mid to high-tier loot.
- Supply Bins: Found throughout the map, supply bins are a common source of loot alongside ground loot, supply drops, and the supply ship. These supply bins carry between 1 and 3 items ranging from healing items, grenades, armor, or weapons and their respective ammo. Ordnance is found in groups of 1 while ammo and heals can be found in stacks with double their original amounts.
- Loot Ticks: Rare containers that must be destroyed to access their loot. Usually provides Epic or Legendary items. Emit an electronic chip/whir sound when nearby.
- Loot Bunkers: Bunkers scattered over Kings Canyon that contain high tier loot, a fixed Legendary item, and a charge tower. They were removed in Season 8.
- Explosive Holds: Locked compartments with high-tier loot that can be opened by planting a grenade at the door.
- Flyers: Flyers are creatures that carry a death box with randomized loot and drop it upon receiving some damage. Some of them are caged, give no loot, and will alert other players to your presence by emitting a roar.
Season 2 map update.
|; August 10, 2021
- Many recurring buildings in Kings Canyon are reused from Titanfall 1's map Runoff and Titanfall 2's map Eden.
- Revenant lives under the tunnels and abandoned facilities beneath the island.
- In Wraith's original dimension, Kings Canyon is a peninsula.