|Plasma-fueled heavy MG.|
|Type||Light machine gun|
|Ammo type||Energy Ammo|
|Damage & Tactical|
|17||26 (1.5×)||14 (0.85×)|
|Rate of fire ()||600|
|Damage per second||170|
|Reload time||2.45 / 2.37 / 2.29 / 2.21|
1.84 / 1.78 / 1.71 / 1.65
The L-STAR does not have a magazine, but instead draws ammo directly from the inventory. The L-STAR has a unique overheating mechanic, which triggers after 20 / 22 / 24 / 26 ( 23 / 26 / 28 / 30) continuous shots; it only needs to reload if it overheats.
- Barrel Stabilizer (Common, Rare, Epic)
- Extended Energy Mag (Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Standard Stock (Common, Rare, Epic)
|Target||Modifiers||Damage||Shots to kill|
|100 HP||150 HP||175 HP||200 HP||225 HP|
|Extended Energy Mag||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|1x HCOG "Classic"||✔||✔||✔|
|1x-2x Variable Holo||✔||✔|
|2x HCOG “Bruiser”||✔||✔||✔|
|3x HCOG "Ranger"||✔|
|2x-4x Variable AOG||✔|
|id||lstar||How the weapon is referred to in the files.|
|fire_rate||10||Expressed in rounds per second.|
|projectile_launch_speed||22000||Expressed in hammer units per second. Equals to 558 m/s.|
|headshot_distance||2250||Distance at which shots can no longer deal headshots. Expressed in hammer units per second, equals to 57 meters.|
|spread_stand_hip||2.5||Hipfire spread radius while standing.|
|spread_stand_hip_run||3||Hipfire spread radius while walking.|
|spread_stand_hip_sprint||4||Hipfire spread radius while sprinting.|
|spread_crouch_hip||2.25||Hipfire spread radius while crouching.|
|spread_air_hip||5||Hipfire spread radius while in the air.|
|deployfirst_time||1.45||Time before the weapon can be fired after first picking it up. Expressed in seconds.|
The L-STAR EMG (Lastimosa Armory Energy Machine Gun) is a cyclic particle accelerating weaponry designed by its namesake Lastimosa Armory. With a small oscillating field generator, the L-STAR can deliver a series of charged plasma bursts with a high rate of fire. The charged particles can eat away shields and melt dense materials with sustained exposure.
Due to the high temperatures generated by the particle accelerator, sustained firing of the weapon makes it susceptible to overheating, melting the generator core.
The model used in the Apex Games is made by Wonyeon Interstellar. A few changes were made to the silhouette of this weapon to better serve the purpose of an LMG. A front bipod was attached along with slimming down the foregrip handguard to allow for firing the weapon in a rested position.
There are a total of 63 weapon skins for the L-STAR EMG: 13 Legendary, 6 Epic, 28 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Snowfall Bundle.
- The L-STAR appeared way before its actual release in Season 2, in the first ever background before logging into the lobby during the Preseason.
- When it was first released in Season 2, in addition to the overheat mechanics, it had a set magazine size instead of just drawing ammo from the inventory, and thus required manual reload.
- The magazine from the L-STAR's reloadable iteration is used as the model for Extended Energy Mags.
- When first shown in its trailer, the L-STAR was supposed to have a 60 round magazine, and it would have fired 30 shots before overheating. However, most likely due to game balance, the final release version had a magazine capacity of 40, and the gun overheated after firing 21-22 shots.
- The model of the L-STAR used in Apex Legends was made by Wonyeon Interstellar, instead of Lastimosa Armory like in Titanfall 2. This might explain the initial difference in behavior between the Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends' version of the L-STAR. With the rework of the weapon that came with Season 4, they now function the same.
- The L-STAR's icon lacks iron sights.
- Concept art of the L-STAR in Titanfall 2 shows that the weapon was supposed to be a submachine gun called ASW (Advanced Scattering Weapon).
Concept Art for the L-STAR EMG by Ryan Lastimosa.
Concept Art for the Natural Fusion skin by Dallas Doan.
- In third person, half of the L-STAR model blends through a Legend's right shoulder when looking up.