|Powerful semi-auto shotgun.|
|Ammo type||Mythic Shotgun Shells|
|Damage & Tactical|
|Rate of fire ()||72|
|Damage per second||134|
|Tac reload time||1.03 per bullet|
|Full reload time||1.7 per bullet|
The Mastiff Shotgun, or Mastiff, is a semi-automatic shotgun that utilizes Mythic Shotgun Shells. It fires 8 pellets in the shape of a horizontal line, which decreases in width while aiming down the sights, reducing the spread and thus increasing accuracy.
|Target||Modifiers||Damage[note 1]||Shots to kill|
|100 HP||150 HP||175 HP||200 HP||225 HP|
- Shotgun damage is calculated per pellet.
Correct: 11 dmg/pellet x 1.25 = 13.75 dmg/pellet ≈ 14 dmg/pellet, resulting in 112 damage total.
Incorrect: 88 dmg x 1.25 = 110 dmg.
- Fortified head shot damages may vary ±8. This is due to uncertainty over whether Fortified reduces non rounded or rounded damage numbers. This difference is negligible on non pellet based weapons.
|id||mastiff||How the weapon is referred to in the files.|
|fire_rate||1.2||Expressed in rounds per second.|
|projectile_launch_speed||12000||Expressed in hammer units per second. Equals to 305 m/s.|
|headshot_distance||1500||Distance at which shots can no longer deal headshots. Expressed in hammer units per second, equals to 38 meters.|
|spread_stand_hip||0||Hipfire spread radius while standing.|
|spread_stand_hip_run||Hipfire spread radius while walking.|
|spread_stand_hip_sprint||Hipfire spread radius while sprinting.|
|spread_stand_ads||Hipfire spread radius while standing and aiming down the sights.|
|spread_crouch_hip||Hipfire spread radius while crouching.|
|spread_crouch_ads||Hipfire spread radius while crouching and aiming down the sights.|
|spread_air_hip||Hipfire spread radius while in the air.|
|spread_air_ads||Hipfire spread radius while in the air and aiming down the sights.|
|deployfirst_time||1.25||Time before the weapon can be fired after first picking it up. Expressed in seconds.|
The M1901 Mastiff Combat Shotgun was developed specifically for low-gravity close-quarters engagements. The kinetic energy produced when fired in low-gravity can severely unbalance its user with massive recoil, so the engineers at Lastimosa Armory incorporated a muzzle velocity dampening system which mitigates that energy and greatly reduces recoil.
Intended for low to zero gravity ship boarding and clearing operations, the Mastiff gained notoriety throughout The Frontier as a reliable and devastating combat shotgun. Shells can be fed through the under-mounted magazine or with the optional drum magazine upgrade. Troops from the IMC's 401st often refer to it as the "Mobile Claymore" as its high rate of fire proved to be devastating.
There are a total of 63 skins for the Mastiff Shotgun; 11 Legendary, 6 Epic, 30 Rare, and 16 Common.
No Time to Bleed[note 1]
- Introduced in the Fuse Launch Bundle.
- According to Bangalore, the Mastiff fires incendiary rounds.
- Mad Maggie has a unique animation and voice line when picking up the Mastiff.
- The Mastiff is the first weapon that got placed inside Care Packages more than once.
- The Mastiff is one of the two guns in the game to reload one bullet at a time, the other being the 30-30 Repeater.
- The Mastiff was named after Respawn's IT Manager, Roni Papouban's, dog.
- Dual Shell doesn't actually chamber two shells into the Mastiff, it simply increases the number of rounds loaded by 2 whenever a shell is inserted.
- The fire mode selector seen on the Warp Zone, The Pest Controller, Final Boss, Pixel Hunter, and Game Over skins displays the options for a burst and full auto mode, which the Mastiff is unable to switch to in game.