May 12, 2020 Patch
|May 12, 2020 Patch|
|The new Quests tab|
|Previous patch||April 30, 2020 Patch|
|Next patch||May 27, 2020 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New Legend: Loba
- Several changes to Kings Canyon
- Added Charge Towers
- Added Quests
- Added Reconnect feature - if a player loses connection or crashes mid-match, they will automatically return to the match when they restart the game. Their legend will remain standing where they were the whole time.
- Added new lines for specific combinations of legends (Loba and Revenant, Crypto and Mirage, etc.)
Legend Updates[edit | edit source]
Now it’s a party! Your favorite trickster has learned a few new tricks to bamboozle his enemies in this new rework for Season 5.[note 1]
- Tactical: Psyche Out
- Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy.
- When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage's every move.
- Decoys now last for 60 seconds.
- Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy.
- Ultimate: Life of the Party
- Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think "Emergency Dance Party" from DUMMIEs Big Day).
- Cooldown: 60 seconds.
- Passive: Now You See Me...
- In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a Respawn Beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked).
- Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather
- Increased duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Decreased cooldown from 35 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Surveillance Drone: Crypto can now ping banners, while in drone, to warn teammates of nearby squads.
- Combat Medic:
- Increased Lifeline bin ratio to 20%.
- Removed Knockdown Shields from Secret Compartment loot pool.
- Friendly gas no longer slows teammates.
- Nox Gas Trap: No longer triggered from the other side of a door.
- Launch Pad: Reduced cooldown from 90 seconds to now 60 seconds.
- Dome of Protection: Reduced duration from 18 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Grappling Hook: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 35 seconds.
Weapon and Loot Updates[note 6][edit | edit source]
- Removed from care package and is now ground loot.
- Reduced damage per pellet from 18 to 13.
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 2.0 to 1.25.
- Increased blast pattern distances for the outer pairs of pellets.
- Increased blast pattern scale ADS multiplier from 0.5 to 0.55.
- Reduced fire rate from 1.3 to 1.0.
- Reduced projectile size to be more in line with other regular shotguns.
- Increased shell count from 4 to 6.
- Increased projectile speed to standard shotgun speed (16000(.
- Removed from normal loot pool and is now a Care Package weapon.
- Tightened pellet spread pattern.
- Reduced rechamber time from 1.2 to 0.9.
- Reduced reload times from 2.65 to 2.45 (base) and 3.6 to 3.35 (empty).
- Increased projectile size to improve consistency at close range.
- Increased mag size from 16 / 20 / 23 / 26 to 19 / 22 / 25 / 27.
- Increased damage from 11 to 12.
- Reduced reload time from 1.74 to 1.5 (base) and 2.12 to 1.95 (empty).
- Vertical recoil increased.
- Horizontal recoil slightly increased.
- Recoil on the first 2 shots increased.
- Headshot scale reduced from 2.15 to 2.0.
- Headshot scale reduced from 2.1 to 2.0.
- Re-added Skullpiercer Rifling.
- DMR w/ Skullpiercer - Headshot scale 2.0 -> 2.5
- Wingman w/ Skullpiercer - Headshot scale 2.0 -> 2.25
- Vaulted Anvil Receiver.
- Added Perk: Shield Cells & Syringes give double the amount per use.
- Removed Perk: Removed 50% heal speed.
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Overhauled the death box UI to compartmentalize loot better so you can find what you need faster.
- Added voice over for pinging enemies who are reviving.
- Favorite option now available for Weapon Skins.
- Observer Highlights for Tournament Matches.
- Removed location-based Weekly Challenges. These caused players to have mixed motivations from their squadmates, and didn’t work well with map rotation.
- Optimized CPU usage.
- Improved texture streaming quality on GPUs reporting less memory than advertised.
- We're excited to announce that at the start of Season 5 we will be adding Apex servers to the Middle East as we look to further support our fans in the region.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed various conditions causing prediction errors.
- Fixed looting in pillboxes being difficult around weapons.
- Fixed aiming speed during zooming lerp to be consistent with hipfire and ADS speed.
- Fixed disabling Melee Target Compensation.
- Fixed Legend banners having a black box when having AA disabled.
- Fixed a condition where the third character model would be missing on screens with three Legend banners.
- Fixed sometimes erroneously pinging enemies while skydiving or in the plane.
- Fixed exploitable spots against Prowlers in Bloodhound’s Trials.
- Fixed Prowlers not attacking Gibraltar's Dome Shield.
- Fixed deathboxes sometimes not moving on the train.
- Fixed subtitles in Russian showing up as English in Bloodhound’s Trials.
- Fixed Havoc VFX while on the train.
- Fixed depth of field when selecting charms in the loadout menu.
- Fixed lighting on Legends sometimes being dark throughout the menus.
- Fixed tooltips not appearing correctly when highlighting items in the menus.
- Fixed the Charge Rifle beam shooting from the scope while using the Hard Coded skin.
- Fixed melee not doing any damage when interrupting the Sentinel charge animation.
- Fixed Wingman having higher than normal hipfire accuracy while crouched.
- Fixed Barrel Stabilizer attachment having more muzzle flash than intended.
- Stability fixes to reduce crashing and script errors.
- Crypto’s Drone EMP now affects D.U.M.M.I.E. in the Firing Range.
- Fixed Revenant’s Death Totem being visible through smoke or gas.
- Fixed a few Pathfinder banner poses that caused corrupted art.
- Adjusted Octane’s Launch Pad to make it harder to fall through cracks when deploying.
- Fixed Caustic's Nox Gas Grenade not deploying when thrown under small surfaces.
- Fixed Bangalore’s smoke canisters getting stuck under the Train.
Undocumented Changes[edit | edit source]
- Activating Disruptor on the Sentinel now costs two Shield Cells instead of a Shield Battery.
- Edited Crypto's skydive animation so that he keeps his hands in his coat pockets.
- Added new voice lines for Caustic when placing gas traps, and for Mirage when he releases a decoy.
- Triple Take has a new visual static electricity animation on the target(s) hit.
- Lifeline and other players are unable to push the D.O.C. Heal Drone around by walking into it (unclear if intended or bug).
- Controller players can now crouch spam or jump while inside the contents of a Death Box.
- Hitboxes have been adjusted for the following Legends:
Designer Notes[edit | edit source]
- The hope for this rework is that it gives more depth to Mirage gameplay by giving Mirage players avenues to get better at Bamboozling people.
- This is something that is a bit of an experiment. We will be keeping an eye out to make sure this change doesn’t cause any degenerate player behavior.
- This is a first step in pushing more team utility for Octane. We have more updates planned but they didn’t make the cutoff for this patch.
- Internal data shows that Gibraltar’s performance in individual fights is in a good place, but we want to bring down his power a bit in team fights.
- Given the power of quick repositioning in Apex, being able to use Pathfinder’s Grappling Hook multiple times in a fight is both too powerful and muddies combat legibility.
- Season 5 is the first season Apex doesn't get a new weapon. We stepped back and asked ourselves, does Apex need a new weapon every season? If we continue to add new weapons, the weapon pool will become saturated. We believe there is a "right" amount of weapons in the loot pool, and we think we are currently in that sweet spot. Vaulting weapons is not an option (because players have purchased skins), so we are forced to be more creative. We have some ideas on how to address it, but we need some time to test them and make sure they are healthy for Apex. We also want to make sure that weapons we add have real value to the gameplay. We have some fun stuff in the works. Our weapons team is hard at work. In the meantime, we hope the changes listed below can get you excited to learn and master the Season 5 weapon meta.