|“||Why did I become a Legend? One reason: women. I kid. Real reason? Beautiful women. Sorry. They say I use humor as a defense mechanism, but hello... self-deprecation is my defense mechanism. Humor's my crutch. Or maybe my fallback? I don't know, one of those. I guess at the end of the day, the Games give people a reason to cheer. Aren't a whole lot of those left in the Outlands these days. Cool to be part of that. All I have to do is die young. So...yeah...anyhoo, I'm just pulling your leg, it's totally for the babes.|
|— Mirage explains why he joined the games.|
|Real Name||Elliott Rodger Witt|
|Tactical Ability||Psyche Out|
|Passive Ability||Now You See Me...|
|Ultimate Ability||Life of the Party|
|Voice Actor||Roger Craig Smith|
Mirage is an Offensive Legend who can distract and confuse enemies. His tactical ability Psyche Out deploys a controllable holographic decoy of himself. His passive ability Now You See Me... cloaks Mirage while reviving a teammate or using a Respawn Beacon. His ultimate ability Life of the Party deploys a team of decoys around him that can mirror the real Mirage's movements and actions.
|Description||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy. Press the utility action button to control the decoy.|
- When used, a hologram duplicate of Mirage is sent in a straight line to wherever the real Mirage targeted.
- When spawned, the decoy will replicate whether Mirage was walking, running, or crouching, and if used in midair will have the same momentum as Mirage. It cannot climb walls or ride zip lines.
- Upon reaching the targeted location, the decoy stands still and performs the 'inspect weapon' animation unless the player takes control of it.
- The decoy has 45 HP, and an icon will appear indicating where the enemy that damaged it is. This icon appears for Mirage's whole squad, and also indicates distance.
- When a decoy vanishes from taking damage, it will output a "you got bamboozled" voice line from the decoy.
- The decoy will also automatically vanish after 60 seconds or manually by deploying another decoy.
- This ability may be activated twice while skydiving from the dropship or jump towers, and if you are with your squad in flight it will send out a full decoy squad.
- The decoy can be controlled by pressing the utility action button (default H//), and it will mimic Mirage's actions.
Now You See Me...
|Now You See Me...|
|Description||Automatically cloak when using Respawn Beacons and reviving teammates. Spawn a decoy and cloak when downed.|
- When downed, Mirage spawns a decoy that falls to its knees and dramatically pretends to be dying.
- He also turns invisible for 5 seconds, allowing for a quick escape.
- When reviving a teammate and using a Respawn Beacon, Mirage and the teammate will become invisible.
- Mirage’s Holo emitters are visible to players who are less than 5 meters away while cloaked.
- Mirage will also flicker if he’s using this ability outside the Ring.
Life of the Party
|Life of the Party|
|Description||Mirage deploys a team of controllable decoys to distract enemies.|
|Charge time||1 minute|
- When activated, Mirage summons 5 decoys around him that mimic his movements.
- Turns invisible for 1 second before deploying decoys. During this time, his holo emitters will be visible to players who are less than 5 meters away.
- Afterwards, Mirage will blink in and out of cloak for 1 second.
- The decoys have 45 HP.
Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his famed engineer mother Evelyn Witt, he pored over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went missing during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender on the Paradise Lounge in Solace City to make some extra money, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn't risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
There are a total of 69 Legend skins for Mirage; 19 Legendary, 10 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
The set includes:
- A Banner Pose: You Really Love Me
- A Melee weapon skin: Too Much Witt
- An Intro Quip: "Excited to see you all in the ring. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of ‘mes’ to go around."
It Takes Two
- Mirage's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Holo Pilot and Cloak abilities. This was especially apparent at launch, when cloaking rendered Mirage as a faint white silhouette rather than making him completely invisible.
- Mirage's room in the dropship, as seen in the Season 3 trailer and in the 'Humble Witt' loading screen, contains several pieces of Mirage fanart from real-life fans of Apex Legends.
- In the past, next to a rock near the Mirage Voy’age, there was an audio log of Mirage talking with his mother, suggesting Evelyn Witt to have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- In the short duration that the Mirage Voy'age was on King's Canyon, there was a second audio log of Evelyn Witt. This may suggest the names of Mirage's brothers being Elon, Ricky, and Roger.
- The last brother's name may be a reference to Mirage's voice actor, Roger Craig Smith.
- According to Wattson, Mirage's Holo equipment wasn't waterproof, but it has been confirmed that it is now.
- The finisher "Strike a Pose" is a reference to the movie Batman (1989), specifically the Joker's killing of Carl Grissom.
- Mirage is mixed race. Tom Casiello estimates he has around 20 different nationalities mixed in. Manny Hagopian implies one of those nationalities is Armenian.
- The Season 6 Quest revealed Mirage is dealing with sexuality issues. What he specifically identifies as is currently unknown.
- In-game dialogue between Mirage and Rampart revealed he has participated in more than 8 seasons of the Apex Games.
- Mirage is the nephew of Droz from Titanfall 2. Droz is his mother's brother.
Mirage's profile on Finding Solace.
Quotes about Mirage.
More quotes about Mirage.
Concept art of Mirage.
Another Painting of Mirage found in the Mirage Voyage.
A MiniEpics figurine of Mirage released by Weta Workshop.
- Mirage Loading Screen Text "Me, Myself, and I"
- A Memory Log - Pathfinder
- Mirage fanart:      
- Tom Casiello's tweet 
- THE EDGEVOICE STREAMCAST: A Chat with Tom Casiello
- Manny Hagopian on Twitter
- Dating Service Profile - Mirage
- PlayApex on Twitter
- PlayApex on Twitter
- Hethe Srodawa on Artstation
- MiniEpics figure of Mirage