|“||Why did I become a Legend? One reason: women. I kid. Real reason? Beautiful women. Sorry. They say I use humor as a defense mechanism, but hello... self-deprecation is my defense mechanism. Humor's my crutch. Or maybe my fallback? I don't know, one of those. I guess at the end of the day, the Games give people a reason to cheer. Aren't a whole lot of those left in the Outlands these days. Cool to be part of that. All I have to do is die young. So...yeah...anyhoo, I'm just pulling your leg, it's totally for the babes.|
|— Mirage explains why he joined the games.|
|Real Name||Elliott Rodger Witt|
|Tactical Ability||Psyche Out|
|Passive Ability||Now You See Me...|
|Ultimate Ability||Life of the Party|
|Voice Actor||Roger Craig Smith|
Mirage is a Legend. In Apex Legends, he can be unlocked with either 12,000, 750, or by purchasing the Champion Edition downloadable content. In Apex Legends Mobile, he is unlocked by leveling up to level 24.
Mirage is an Offensive Legend who can distract and confuse enemies. His tactical ability Psyche Out deploys a controllable holographic decoy of himself. His passive ability Now You See Me... cloaks Mirage while reviving a teammate or using a Respawn Beacon. His ultimate ability Life of the Party deploys a team of decoys around him that can mirror the real Mirage's movements and actions.
- 1 Abilities
- 2 Lore
- 3 Cosmetic items
- 4 Voice lines
- 5 History
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
|Description||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy. Pressto control the decoy.|
- When used, a hologram duplicate of Mirage is sent in a straight line to wherever the real Mirage targeted.
- When spawned, the decoy will replicate whether Mirage was walking, running, or crouching, and if used in midair will have the same momentum as Mirage. It cannot climb walls or ride zip lines.
- Upon reaching the targeted location, the decoy stands still and performs the 'inspect weapon' animation unless the player takes control of it.
- The decoy has 45 HP, and an icon will appear indicating where the enemy that damaged it is. This icon appears for Mirage's whole squad, and also indicates distance.
- When a decoy vanishes from taking damage, it will output a "you got bamboozled" voice line from the decoy.
- The decoy will also automatically vanish after 60 seconds or manually by deploying another decoy.
- This ability may be activated twice while skydiving from the dropship or jump towers, and if you are with your squad in flight it will send out a full decoy squad.
- The decoy can be controlled by pressing the utility action button (default H//), and it will mimic Mirage's actions.
- Similarly, send them into thermite to locate the enemy who threw it.
Now You See Me...
|Now You See Me...|
|Description||Automatically cloak when using Respawn Beacons and reviving teammates. Spawn a decoy and cloak when downed.|
- When downed, Mirage spawns a decoy that falls to its knees and dramatically pretends to be dying.
- He also turns invisible for 5 seconds, allowing for a quick escape.
- When reviving a teammate and using a Respawn Beacon, Mirage and the teammate will become invisible.
- Mirage’s Holo emitters are visible to players who are less than 5 meters away while cloaked.
- Mirage will also flicker if he’s using this ability outside the Ring.
Life of the Party
|Life of the Party|
|Description||Mirage deploys a team of controllable decoys to distract enemies.|
|Charge time||1 minute|
- When activated, Mirage summons 5 decoys around him that mimic his movements.
- Turns invisible for 1 second before deploying decoys. During this time, his holo emitters will be visible to players who are less than 5 meters away.
- Afterwards, Mirage will blink in and out of cloak for 1 second.
- The decoys have 45 HP.
|“||Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his engineer mother, he poured over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went MIA during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender to make ends meet, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn’t risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
Elliot Witt was born in 2703 on Solace to Richard Witt, an amateur inventor, and Evelyn Witt, a famed holographic engineer who once worked with the IMC. Growing up, Witt played piano, but could only learn one song, “The Inch Worm.”
When Witt was 14, Richard left for a supposed treasure hunting expedition, briefly returning three months later with obscure gifts for Witt’s birthday. Richard left the family soon after.
In 2710, Witt was present for Kuben Blisk’s final fight at the Thunderdome.
In 2718, the Outlands Civil War began, and Witt’s three brothers enlisted to fight for Solace. The absence of his brothers and father left his house quiet for the first time in his life. During this time, he spent his days tinkering with holo-tech with his mother.
One day, Witt and Evelyn were working together on a contract from SARAS to develop a holographic search-and-rescue beacon. Evelyn pranked her son by causing the hologram to gain the appearance of Witt himself. She quickly reverted this to a standard beacon, but this prank was enough to fuel Mirage’s passion for his self-replicating holograms.
However, later that night, the two receive a knock on their door to find a representative of the Solace Military, Handing them a slip of paper, he reports that the transport ship Crimson, containing Mirage’s three brothers, had crashed on Gaea, and all members of the crew were declared MIA.
The loss of his brothers bothered Witt, but his mother was broken by the loss. In an attempt to cheer her up, Witt spent his time tinkering with his holograms, using them to replicate his brothers. However, during this time, Evelyn began to show symptoms of her dementia, and Witt believed that his holograms had sparked this. She reassured him, telling him that he did not cause her memory lapses.
As an adult, Witt worked a variety of jobs. Including as a night manager at the Solace City water treatment plant. He additionally spent a great amount of money searching for answers regarding the fate of his brothers, but nothing ever came of this.
Eventually, Witt purchased his uncle’s bar, naming it the Paradise Lounge to help fulfill the dream of his late brother Roger.  While running the bar, he encountered Pathfinder, telling the MRVN that joining the Apex Games could help to give his name some good publicity, helping him to find his creator. 
Witt soon wished to follow a similar path and join the Games to find fame, wealth, and glory. Despite his hesitancy about leaving his mother, she gave him a custom set of hologram devices and encouraged him to follow his heart. 
Eventually, Witt purchased a large party ship, the Mirage Voyage.
Season 3 Launch Trailer
On the dropship en route to a match in World's Edge, Witt, happy for a change of scenery, jokes that he needs to “find whoever took the tower down and buy them a drink.” Gibraltar and Lifeline suggested that he ask Crypto, who “knows everything about everything.” As Witt approaches, Crypto mistakes him as someone suspicious and grapples him. Crypto and Witt are later placed on the same team for an Apex Games match, where the pair give each other the respective nicknames of “kid” and “old man.” 
At some point, Witt water-proofed his holo suit after an unfortunate encounter with a geyser on World’s Edge. 
Witt additionally parked the Mirage Voyage over World’s Edge as part of a holiday celebration. He called his mother, showing clear stress over her developing condition. 
The Broken Ghost
After their initial meeting, the Legends commiserate at the Paradise Lounge, with Witt serving drinks, regarding Loba, who blackmailed them into helping her using tidbits from their pasts. There, they decide to have Octane go on a “date” with Yoko Zepnewski, an employee at Hammond Robotics, to obtain information about Loba’s true motives.  Witt serves as mission control for a sortie in the Shadowfall dimension during this “date,” where he reports Wattson’s injury. 
Later on, when Crypto is framed as a mole feeding information to Revenant, he reveals that he is (allegedly) 31 years old, causing him and Witt to swap their nicknames. Witt becomes the “kid,” and Crypto becomes the “old man.” 
The First Ship
Wraith took notice of the failing financial state of Witt’s bar, the Paradise Lounge. In an attempt to help her friend, and much to his chagrin, she allowed Rampart to open the new location of her shop in the derelict restroom of the bar. Additionally, Pathfinder began to claim that he has a “girlfriend.”  In protest, Witt makes a bet with Rampart: If she is not “a five-alarm psycho train wreck,” Rampart will stay at the Paradise Lounge. 
Returning to the Paradise Lounge, the two pester Wraith about who won the bet. She declares that neither of them “won,” and that the two need to learn to coexist. She departs, reminding them to pack for the coming Apex Games matches.  Mirage, using this comment as an excuse for petty revenge, loads all of Rampart’s belongings onto the Mercenary Syndicate’s rocket in World’s Edge. 
Wishing to make things up with the now irate Rampart, Witt meets with Wraith, deciding to buy his new roommate flowers to make amends. While shopping, he quips with his holograms, offhandedly calling Wraith a “brainwreck.” Wraith, overhearing this, takes the comment as the last straw, rants at Witt and leaves him. Rampart also leaves, stating that while Witt hears what his friends are saying, he is not listening.
Witt then begins efforts to truly make things up with his friends. He first spends a night reading several boxes worth of his mother’s IMC files, eventually finding one about Wraith. He gifts it to her, giving her a birthday. He then gives the flowers to Pathfinder as condolences for Ash leaving him. Finally, he goes to apologize to Rampart, gifting her a bouquet of wrenches. 
One Saturday in 2733, Witt and Crypto suffer an embarrassing loss during an Apex Games match on Kings Canyon. After this loss, Witt invites Crypto for a drink at the Paradise Lounge, hoping for some team-building.
At the bar, Crypto meets with a Syndicate representative working under Boss Willis, seeking protection in exchange for information and a mysterious briefcase. They are then attacked by Revenant, who is under contract to take out Crypto and retrieve the briefcase. Witt, Crypto, and Revenant fight through the streets of Solace City, eventually ending on a rooftop. There, Crypto is captured by Revenant, and Witt escapes with the briefcase. 
Seeing his escape as a successful diversion, Witt encounters Wraith, whom he asks for assistance from. The two open the stolen briefcase to find an encrypted communications unit. Witt returns to the rooftop and attempts to stop Revenant from meeting with his client, only for the client in question, Boss Willis, to land nearby. After Willis decrypts the communications unit to taunt Crypto, revealing Mila Alexander on the other end, he takes the Legends aboard his vessel, intending to kill them.
Aboard the aircraft, Wraith emerges and assists the Legends in fighting Willis and his henchmen. As a result, the ship crashes into a local hospital, leveling it.
After Willis’s defeat, Witt suggests that Crypto solicit the help of Wattson in repairing the communications unit. 
Season 7 Launch Trailer
Witt later parked the Mirage Voyage over Kings Canyon. He receives a call from Evelyn, thanking him for the flowers she received for her birthday. 
Pathfinder met with Witt during his search for answers regarding his creator. They discuss Witt’s childhood and the history of the Outlands Civil War. 
Witt crashed the Mirage Voyage into Kómma, a Las Vegas-like ghost town on Solace. To avoid a legal battle, Ash obtains the site as a coliseum for the Arenas, declaring it a “monument to incompetence.” Witt later received a large insurance check from the crash. 
The Legacy Antigen
During the Medusa outbreak, Witt remained on Olympus to assist in curtailing the spread of the Medusa vines. While fighting off the encroaching foliage, Rampart tells him that, due to a successful lawsuit against Hammond, she can move out at any point. As another act of petty revenge, Witt destroys several of her Amped Cover emplacements. The two begin arguing until the arrival of Evelyn, whose encouragement reminds her son of how it felt to have siblings. Witt and Rampart reconcile, with the latter agreeing to stay as a roommate, despite moving her shop.
During this meeting, Evelyn tells Witt that his father, Richard, has returned. Witt ignores this, seeing it as just another complication from her dementia. Unbeknownst to him, his father truly had come back. 
Season 13 Launch Trailer
Witt attended Bangalore's retirement party. During what was supposed to be Bangalore's final Apex Games match, he was placed on a team with her and Newcastle. Mirage was almost immediately eliminated.
After losing a match on Storm Point, Witt was about to enter the dropship to leave the island when he overheard an argument between Bangalore and Newcastle. He and Wraith hid, preparing for a potential confrontation. After Bangalore's departure, Wraith overheard a phone call between Newcastle and an unknown party, discussing the transferring of his winnings. Mirage, knowing that the Paradise Lounge has regulars from Harris Valley, then departed with Wraith to gather information from the bar.
At the bar, Mirage conversed with a mercenary who revealed himself to be a member of the Forgotten Families, the gang that blackmailed Newcastle. The man eventually revealed that the Forgotten Families specializes in torturing and killing IMC deserters, prompting Wraith to attack. The two then left the bar, believing that Newcastle, and by extension Bangalore, could be in danger.
There are a total of 75 Legend skins for Mirage; 23 Legendary, 11 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
Angel City Hustler
Story of Mirage:
- Angel City Hustler: Elliott worried his first holodevices he built with his mother, Evelyn, needed more "pizazzling." Evelyn reassured her son that he didn't need "pizazzle" to look heroic.
The set includes:
- A Banner Pose: You Really Love Me
- A Melee weapon skin: Too Much Witt
- An Intro Quip: "Excited to see you all in the ring. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of ‘mes’ to go around."
It Takes Two
- Selfie - 1,200
- Time of My Life - 1,200
- Hype Man - 400
- Terrible Twos - Level 97
- Smooth Moves - Default
- Mirage's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Holo Pilot and Cloak abilities. This was especially apparent at launch, when cloaking rendered Mirage as a faint white silhouette rather than making him completely invisible.
- Mirage's room in the dropship, as seen in the Season 3 trailer and in the 'Humble Witt' loading screen, contains several pieces of Mirage fanart from real-life fans of Apex Legends, as well as the Mini Epics figure designed by Weta Workshop.
- In the past, next to a rock near the Mirage Voy’age, there was an audio log of Mirage talking with his mother, suggesting Evelyn Witt to have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- In the short duration that the Mirage Voy'age was on King's Canyon, there was a second audio log of Evelyn Witt. This may suggest the names of Mirage's brothers being Elon, Ricky, and Roger.
- The last brother's name may be a reference to Mirage's voice actor, Roger Craig Smith.
- According to Wattson, Mirage's Holo equipment wasn't waterproof, but it has been confirmed that it is now.
- The finisher "Strike a Pose" is a reference to the movie Batman (1989), specifically the Joker's killing of Carl Grissom.
- Mirage is mixed race. Tom Casiello estimates he has around 20 different nationalities mixed in. Manny Hagopian implies one of those nationalities is Armenian.
- The Season 6 Quest revealed Mirage is dealing with sexuality issues. What he specifically identifies as is currently unknown.
- In-game dialogue between Mirage and Rampart revealed he has participated in more than 8 seasons of the Apex Games.
- Mirage is the nephew of Droz from Titanfall 2. Droz is his mother's brother.
- Mirage shares the same voice actor with numerous other video game characters. Just to name a few, Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog), Chris Redfield (Resident Evil), Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassin's Creed), Kyle Crane (Dying Light) and Bruce Wayne/Batman (Batman: Arkham Origins)
- Mirage is one of the only Legends to have a therapist, the other being Bangalore.
- Mirage has a strong dislike for the IMC. 
- Mirage does not often like art, unless he is the subject of it. 
- Mirage has hair plugs, a secret he only confided to Octane, who later spilled it. He hasn't told Rampart or Wraith about this (his closest friends), this could indicate that Octane is also a close friend to him.
- Mirage once attended an event on Dionysus, the moon of Psamathe, where he consumed psychedelic mushrooms, after which he engaged in intercourse with a pumpkin.  This was witnessed by Caustic. 
- Mirage is sponsored by the manufacturers of the Trident. 
- Mirage somehow knew about Crypto's sister. 
Mirage's profile on Finding Solace.
Quotes about Mirage.
More quotes about Mirage.
Concept art of Mirage.
Another Painting of Mirage found in the Mirage Voyage.
A MiniEpics figurine of Mirage released by Weta Workshop.
- Mirage Loading Screen Text "Me, Myself, and I"
- Pathfinder's Quest Chapter 6 - "Mirage, My Best Friend!"
- Season 3 Launch Trailer
- Wattson geyser ping voice line - "Let's take that geyser. My gear is waterproof. Who do you think I am, Mirage?"
- Mirage Voyage phone call 1
- The Broken Ghost Prologue - "The Duplicitous Snake"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 1 - "The Cranky Clown"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 2 - "The Duplicitous Snake"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 7 - "The Shattered Spirit"
- Stories from the Outlands - Ashes to Ash
- The First Ship Page 1 - "Rolling Sevens in Love"
- The First Ship Page 2 - "Six Stitches"
- The First Ship Page 3 - "High Five and Make Up"
- The First Ship Page 4 - "Dinner for Four"
- The First Ship Page 5 - "Third Wheel"
- The First Ship Page 7 - "The First Ship"
- The First Ship Epilogue
- Overtime Issue 1
- Overtime Issue 4
- Season 7 Launch Trailer
- Mirage Voyage phone call 2
- Season 9 Gameplay Trailer
- The Legacy Antigen Side Story - "Measuring the Marigolds"
- Season 13 Launch Trailer
- Family Secrets Chapter 1 - "Money & Mercenaries"
- Family Secrets Chapter 2 - "Eavesdropping & Enmity"
- Mirage fanart:      
- Tom Casiello's tweet 
- THE EDGEVOICE STREAMCAST: A Chat with Tom Casiello
- Manny Hagopian on Twitter
- Mirage talks about calling his therapist
- Season 8 Loading Screen - "Ship Happens"
- Season 12 Gameplay Trailer Countdown
- Dating Service Profile
- Quotes about Mirage
- Mirage Trident interaction quote - "I'm a Trident true driver! I get paid every time I say that."
- Dating Service Profile - Mirage
- PlayApex on Twitter
- PlayApex on Twitter
- Hethe Srodawa on Artstation
- MiniEpics figure of Mirage