|“||Why did I become a Legend? One reason: women. I kid. Real reason? Beautiful women. Sorry. They say I use humor as a defense mechanism, but hello... self-deprecation is my defense mechanism. Humor's my crutch. Or maybe my fallback? I don't know, one of those. I guess at the end of the day, the Games give people a reason to cheer. Aren't a whole lot of those left in the Outlands these days. Cool to be part of that. All I have to do is die young. So...yeah...anyhoo, I'm just pulling your leg, it's totally for the babes.|
|— Mirage explains why he joined the games.|
|Real Name||Elliott Rodger Witt|
|Tactical Ability||Psyche Out|
|Passive Ability||Now You See Me...|
|Ultimate Ability||Life of the Party|
|Voice Actor||Roger Craig Smith|
Mirage is an Offensive Legend who can distract and confuse enemies. His tactical ability Psyche Out deploys a controllable holographic decoy of himself. His passive ability Now You See Me... cloaks Mirage while reviving a teammate or using a Respawn Beacon. His ultimate ability Life of the Party deploys a team of decoys around him that can mirror the real Mirage's movements and actions.
|Description||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy. Pressto control the decoy.|
- When used, a hologram duplicate of Mirage is sent in a straight line to wherever the real Mirage targeted.
- When spawned, the decoy will replicate whether Mirage was walking, running, or crouching, and if used in midair will have the same momentum as Mirage. It cannot climb walls or ride zip lines.
- Upon reaching the targeted location, the decoy stands still and performs the 'inspect weapon' animation unless the player takes control of it.
- The decoy has 45 HP, and an icon will appear indicating where the enemy that damaged it is. This icon appears for Mirage's whole squad, and also indicates distance.
- When a decoy vanishes from taking damage, it will output a "you got bamboozled" voice line from the decoy.
- The decoy will also automatically vanish after 60 seconds or manually by deploying another decoy.
- This ability may be activated twice while skydiving from the dropship, jump towers or Valkyrie's Skyward Dive, and if you are with your squad in flight it will send out a full decoy squad.
- The decoy can be controlled by pressing the utility action button (default H//), and it will mimic Mirage's actions.
- Similarly, send them into thermite to locate the enemy who threw it.
Now You See Me...
|Now You See Me...|
|Description||Automatically cloak when using Respawn Beacons and reviving teammates. Spawn a decoy and cloak when downed.|
- When downed, Mirage spawns a decoy that falls to its knees and dramatically pretends to be dying.
- He also turns invisible for 5 seconds, allowing for a quick escape.
- When reviving a teammate and using a Respawn Beacon, Mirage and the teammate will become invisible.
- Mirage’s Holo emitters are visible to players who are less than 5 meters away while cloaked.
- Mirage will also flicker if he’s using this ability outside the Ring.
Life of the Party
|Life of the Party|
|Description||Mirage deploys a team of controllable decoys to distract enemies.|
|Charge time||1 minute|
- When activated, Mirage summons 5 decoys around him that mimic his movements.
- Turns invisible for 1 second before deploying decoys. During this time, his holo emitters will be visible to players who are less than 5 meters away.
- Afterwards, Mirage will blink in and out of cloak for 1 second.
- The decoys have 45 HP.
|“||Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his engineer mother, he poured over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went MIA during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender to make ends meet, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn’t risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
There are a total of 75 Legend skins for Mirage; 23 Legendary, 11 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
- The Revenger was needed from June 11, 2022 to June 14, 2022
Story of Mirage:
- Angel City Hustler: Elliott worried his first holodevices he built with his mother, Evelyn, needed more "pizazzling." Evelyn reassured her son that he didn't need "pizazzle" to look heroic.
The set includes:
- A Banner Pose: You Really Love Me
- A Melee weapon skin: Too Much Witt
- An Intro Quip: "Excited to see you all in the ring. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of ‘mes’ to go around."
It Takes Two
- Selfie - 1,200
- Time of My Life - 1,200
- Hype Man - 400
- Terrible Twos - Level 97
- Smooth Moves - Default
- Mirage's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Holo Pilot and Cloak abilities. This was especially apparent at launch, when cloaking rendered Mirage as a faint white silhouette rather than making him completely invisible.
Mirage's profile on Finding Solace.
Quotes about Mirage.
More quotes about Mirage.
Concept art of Mirage.
Another Painting of Mirage found in the Mirage Voyage.
Concept art of Mirage's Fool's Gold skin.<ref>
Concept art of Mirage's The Dark Artist skin.
Concept art of Mirage's Angel City Hustler skin.
A MiniEpics figurine of Mirage released by Weta Workshop.