|Ammo type||Shotgun Shells|
|Damage & Tactical|
|Rate of fire ()||96|
|Damage per second||-|
The Ol' Nessie is an April Fools variant of the Mozambique Shotgun that utilizes Shotgun Shells. It only spawns in Legendary rarity and is found in specific spots of the map, marked by a Care Package beam, pointing at a cluster of spider eggs. Breaking the eggs will drop an Ol' Nessie and 8 Shotgun Shells.
Ol' Nessie fires waist-tall "Baby Nessies" that behave like Storm Point's spiders, automatically seeking and attacking opponents either by charging at them or firing a web-like substance from a distance, otherwise wandering aimlessly. All nessies fired by Ol' Nessie automatically "die" after 8.5 seconds, but enemy ones can be shot at and quickly killed due to their low amount of health. The nessies deal 19 damage to head and body, and 16 damage to legs.
Ol' Nessie utilizes the Jungle Frenzy skin and the Nessy Weapon Charm by default, but it can be converted into the equipped skin and Charm combination the player is currently using for the Mozambique.
Pros and cons
- It fires cute nessies.
- Doesn't require aiming at the target to deal damage due to the nessies automatically going towards opponents.
- All Ol' Nessies are marked by a Care Package beam, therefore being easy to find.
- Arguably the best weapon in the game, visually speaking.
- It fires cute nessies and not actual bullets.
- Extremely slow "bullet" speed, meaning that if a nessie is fired vertically, it will take quite some time for it to land and start targeting opponents.
- Very small magazine size.
- Even if it's considered a fully kitted weapon, Ol' Nessie doesn't have any attachment equipped and cannot equip any optic.
- The number of Ol' Nessies in any given map is very limited and are only found in specific spots.
- Nessies have 30 HP and can be killed easily. They also die automatically after 8.5 seconds.
- Nessies deal too little damage and are very unreliable due to taking some time between attacks, implying their attacks even go through.
- Arguably the worst weapon in the game, mechanically speaking.
- Killing nessies makes you a heartless monster. Shame on you.
- This was one of two easter eggs that lasted from April 1, 2022 to April 3, 2022. The other one changed Storm Point's prowlers into nessies.
- The model used for the nessies fired by Ol' Nessie is the same one used for two of Wattson's Energy Reader Heirloom inspections.
- The weapon got teased a day before release with a Twitter post.
- The weapon itself does no damage, it's up to the nessies to do so.
- Apex Legends on Twitter