|Real Name||Jackson Williams|
|Tactical Ability||Mobile Shield|
|Passive Ability||Retrieve the Wounded|
|Ultimate Ability||Castle Wall|
|Voice Actor||Gabe Kunda|
|Description||Throw a drone that projects a moveable energy shield.|
- Throws a drone that projects a large shield in front of it.
- Maximum throw distance is 25m; it will then travel to the reticle
- If the drone hits an enemy, it will deal 20 damage.
- Mobile Shield's movement speed is equivalent to crouch speed with weapons out.
- Lasts 20 seconds unless destroyed. A loud hum can be heard when the drone is about to fade out.
- Press the tactical button again to target a new location for it to float to, without changing shield's orientation
- Doing so within 5m radius of the drone, and turning up to 90 degrees (oriented relative to the drone), will also reorients the front toward the marker on the ground, in addition to move the drone to the marker
- The shield consists of an upper half and lower half. Each half has 350 health, and can be destroyed separately.
- Deployment provide users a safe space to confirm enemy's precise location
Retrieve the Wounded
|Retrieve the Wounded|
|Description||Drag downed allies as you revive and protect them with your Revive Shield.|
- Pressing "use" once to start the revive process.
- Player does not have to hold down the "use" to complete the revive.
- Press "use" again to cancel revive.
- The health of the Revive Shield is dependent on the level of Newcastle's Knockdown Shield:
- Level 1: 150
- Level 2: 250
- Level 3/Level 4: 500
- The Knockdown Shield starts to regenerate after [?] seconds and takes [?] seconds to fully recharge.
- A way to stealth the revive is to drop the knockdown shield before using it; however, the sound of revive still remain.
- A get-around the bug is to drop the knockdown shield and pick it back up.
|Description||Leap to an ally or target area and slam down, creating a fortified stronghold.|
|Charge time||2 minutes|
- Target an area, which Newcastle will leap to. Upon landing, a large wall will be constructed facing the direction Newcastle is looking.
- Leaping has a maximum range of 35 meters.
- Can choose to target a squadmate or squadmate's Death Box to land on, which extends the range to 75 meters.
- Knockback will occur when landed near the enemy.
- Maximum 1 wall; the old wall is taken down when Newcastle land and make the wall.
- The wall is made of 9 segments, each with 750 health.
- The segments in the middle and the ends are much larger than the other six.
- Newcastle can take down segments of his wall by pressing H//.
- Each part of the wall can be destroyed with 2 melee attacks.
- The short segments, when destroyed by attacks, will also bring down the other short segments near them
- The outward facing side is electrified for 30 seconds, stunning and dealing 20 damage to enemies who attempt to climb over it.
- If Newcastle uses the ultimate, but for some reason does not land and make the wall (including being downed), 70% of the charge is refunded.
- You can also target squadmates who are far above you.
|Description||Incoming damage reduced by 15%. Not slowed by bullets.|
- Take 15% less damage from every attack, except headshots.
|“||Lamont Craig wasn’t like other dads in the neighborhood. Sure, he dropped the kids off at school and acted out multiple voices every night for Story Time with his toddler. But Lamont had secrets—the first being his real name, Jackson Williams.
A top soldier for the IMC, Jackson went AWOL when he ignored direct orders to fight what he believed was a losing battle. He knew he would never be safe from the remnants of the IMC--and neither would his sister, Anita, as long as she was with him. So when he was presumed dead in a ship explosion, he used that opportunity to leave his life behind, even if it meant leaving her behind too.
Years later, "Lamont" moved to an idyllic little town called Harris Valley, where he fell in love and got married. Harris Valley was so peaceful that they didn’t need law enforcement. All they needed was their knight, Newcastle. But the knight had secrets of his own: Newcastle had sold off the town to pay off his debts, and thugs from a gang called the Forgotten Families came to collect. They killed Newcastle when he couldn’t pay, unaware that Lamont was watching. He defeated them using his military acumen, but the Forgotten Families had plenty of reinforcements.
So Lamont came up with a dangerous solution. With Newcastle’s armor, he could take on his identity and do what Newcastle could not: get into the Apex Games. With prize money like that, he could definitely pay off the debts. But not without the risk of being discovered by his little sister, the Apex Legend, Bangalore.
There are a total of 44 Legend skins for Newcastle; 5 Legendary, 7 Epic, 16 Rare, and 16 Common.
- Included in the Newcastle Launch Bundle
- Heroic Command: Jackson Williams joined the IMC, like everyone in hs family, hoping to become a hero his family could be proud of. However, when left with the decision to follow orders or save the people serving under him. He had to revaluate what it means to be a hero.
Golden Guard[note 1]
- Only available in the Saviors Pack
- (Unnamed finisher) - Default[note 1]
- Used exclusively when performing a finisher on Bangalore.
- Ground Pound - 1,200
- Rhythm Machine - 600
- Lua error in Module:Symbol at line 28: Found no data. Working the Angles
- Standing Guard - Default
Duty. Fidelity. Honor.
- Included in the Newcastle Launch Bundle.
- According to former writer Tom Casiello, Jackson was originally intended to be a Legend known as Downfall, who was an anarchist and a protester, had bomb-throwing abilities, and would have came out in 2020 or 2021. This also would have put him in direct conflict with his pro-military sister, Bangalore. However, releasing such a Legend at the height of Black Lives Matter protests would have been disastrous and the idea was abandoned. Furthermore, Downfall got shelved when his designer left Apex Legends.
- Newcastle's modern kit is based on a prototype Legend named Axiom. This character was designed based on a "defensive push," containing the mobile shield but having more of a "breach-and-clear" playstyle. Axiom was scrapped out of belief that their kit would be too selfish.
- Jackson Williams was introduced early on as a background character, being the missing brother of Bangalore.
- Newcastle was first mentioned in a Season 4 teaser.
- On April 22, 2022, the Apex Legends Twitter account posted an image of Bangalore reviewing Jackson's autopsy report.
- On April 23, 2022, the Apex Legends Twitter account posted an image of Bangalore viewing her empty dropship quarters, preparing to return to Gridiron.
- On April 24, 2022, the Apex Legends Twitter account posted an image of various Legends preparing for Bangalore's farewell party.
- On April 25, 2022, the Season 13 Launch Trailer was released, which confirm Jackson being Newcastle, the Legend for Season 13.
- On April 27, 2022, the Apex Legends Twitter account posted an image of Newcastle's workbench.
- On April 28, 2022, "Hero" was released.
- On May 2, 2022, the Season 13 Gameplay Trailer was released.
- On May 5, 2022, Newcastle's Character Trailer was released.
Datamined and Leaked Data
Newcastle was never heard from again until a leak that happened during Season 12, where he appears along the other Legends in the Legends menu. A massive leak on March 22, 2022 showed Newcastle's full model, abilities, and some of his cosmetic items. The only difference between leaked version and the release version is the Mobile Shield is unbreakable in the leaked version.
- Newcastle is the only Legend with a finisher that is exclusively used against a particular legend, that being Bangalore.
- This also makes Newcastle the only Legend with two default finishers.
- A previous version of his official bio on the EA webpage implied the main reason he left the IMC is due to epiphany of IMC's war crimes, emphasizing on him being on the side of "bad guys" ; this was brought up by some players and was eventually corrected on the English version of the webpage. Other language's version of Jackson Bios, such as those in Chinese, retain the translation of the old write up.
- Cyra on Twitter
- Respawn Entertainment on Twitter
- Tom Casiello on Twitter