|“||Do you know, I remember everything about this moment. Know what I’m thinking here? Not ‘I can’t feel my legs’ or ‘are those my feet dangling by the bone?’. No, I’m thinking how cool it is that thousands of people are cheering for me, and they’re still not as loud as the heartbeat in my ears. Tha-THUM. Tha-THUM. Tha-THUM. That was the moment I realized: life isn’t worth living, if you don’t know this feeling.|
|Real Name||Octavio Silva|
|Passive Ability||Swift Mend|
|Ultimate Ability||Launch Pad|
|Voice Actor||Nicolas Roye|
Octane is a high-speed Offensive Legend. His tactical ability Stim causes him to run much faster for a short period of time, at the cost of health. His passive ability Swift Mend regenerates health over time after a short delay. His ultimate ability Launch Pad places a pad on the ground that launches any player that steps on it into the air.
|Description||Increase walk speed by 30% and sprint speed by 40% for 6 seconds. Costs Health to use. Reduction to slows while active.|
- Costs 20 health (or all health but 1, if Octane has 20 or less health).
- On activation, stim will remove all slow effects, except the intended slows players receive while healing. Slows that are applied after activation will only be reduced, not removed.
|Description||Automatically restores health over time.|
- After avoiding damage for 6 seconds, Octane restores 1 health per second.
|Description||Deploy a jump pad that catapults anyone through the air. Press the jump button to double jump.|
|Charge time||1.5 minutes|
- Launch Pads have 200 Health.
- Will send players in the direction they were moving when they touched the launch pad.
- Hitting the jump pad while walking or sprinting will launch players along a high arc.
- From a crouch or slide, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they'll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
- If the player used melee's momentum to get onto the jump pad, they will bounce straight up and down.
- Players cannot double jump while healing or while downed, regardless of what the UI says.
- Grenades such as Frag Grenades, Thermite Grenades, Arc Stars, Revenant's Silence, and Bangalore's Smoke Canisters
- The grenades and flares used for Bangalore's Rolling Thunder, Gibraltar's Defensive Bombardment, and Caustic's Nox Gas Grenade.
- Thrown objects like Caustic's Nox Gas Traps, Gibraltar's Dome of Protection, Lifeline's D.O.C. Heal Drone, and other Launch Pads.
- If Mirage tries to make his decoy stand where the launch pad is, the decoy will continuously bounce straight up and down until expiring.
- If Mirage sends out a decoy while mid-bounce, the decoy will go much farther than a player would.
- Also, after the Trident lands on the ground after using the jump pad, using the pad while the trident is not moving, but still touching the trident, will cause players themselves to fly very fast and a very far distance, or sometimes even off the map.
One day, Octavio Silva was bored. In fact, he was bored most days. Heir to the preoccupied CEOs of Silva Pharmaceuticals and wanting for nothing in life, he entertained himself by performing death-defying stunts and posting holovids of them for his fans to gawk over. So, this day, he decided to set the course record for a nearby Gauntlet by launching himself across the finish line – using a grenade. He later recounted that day as the single greatest day in his life.
As he lay in triage hours later, the doctors informed him that the damage done to his legs meant his daredevil days were over. That didn’t sit well with Octavio, who turned to an old friend for help: Ajay Che, who he guilted into forging an order to replace his legs with bionic ones. Suddenly able to repair his limbs at a moment’s notice, Octavio decided petty online stunts weren’t enough: the ultimate adrenaline rush, the Apex Games, was calling. Now, he’s going to become an Apex Champion doing the most incredible, death-defying moves anyone’s ever seen. Maybe in the arena, he won’t be so bored.
There are a total of 71 Legend skins for Octane; 20 Legendary, 10 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Wild Speed Bundle.
Story of Octane:
- The Victory Lap: As Octane's feed exploded--literally and figuratively--fame, fortune, and fanaticism screamed for his attention. He couldn't hear it over his favorite sound; his racing heartbeat.
- Abstract Splash - 20 cans [note 1]
- This is tied to a promotion with the Monster Energy energy drinks whose rewards can be redeemed starting on September 1, 2021 until March 31, 2022.
The set includes:
- Banner Pose: Spin and Flick
- Weapon Skin: Butterfly Knife
- Intro Quip: "Run fast. Hit fast. Win fast."
- Before being added to the game, Octane was teased with several Launch Pads placed around the outside of Market.
- Octane's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Stim tactical ability, which provided both healing and speed. His backstory was inspired by the way players would speedrun The Pilot's Gauntlet using grenades for speed boosts. His reveal trailer contains a link to the world record run of 12 seconds by player CashMayo , and the Record Breaker loading screen shows "11.7" in the background, the current world record.
- Octane has a dialysis machine on his belt that filters his blood. This is why, in-universe, he can take stim so frequently and recover.
- Octane's endless supply of stim comes from Silva Pharmaceuticals, which his dad owns. However, his dad does not care about him enough to give him stim, so he just takes it.
- The tattoo on Octane's left arm has the Latin phrase "Plus Ultra" which translates to "Further beyond". Additionally, he also says "Non terrae plus ultra" when dropping from the dropship, which means "No land further beyond".
- The latter phrase originated from the supposed inscription on the "Pillars of Hercules" (the location of which is traditionally identified as modern day Gibraltar) which delineated the then known world, signifying that there is nothing beyond it but danger. The former phrase is the motto of the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain Charles V, which is a boast signifying he intends to take the risk and conquer the world beyond the seas.
- Octane had the option of waiting for his legs to heal up, but chose to instead have his legs replaced with robotic ones.
- Octane's legs are made of platinum, referred to by Octane when you reach Platinum IV in ranked saying, "Platinum rank to match my legs!"
- According to writer Tom Casiello, when Octane was 11, he asked for a puppy for Christmas. His dad's assistant sent him a rabbit three days after the holiday, which Octane named Navidad (that means Christmas in spanish). Octane took the rabbit onto every stunt as a child, kept them in the front pocket of his jacket, and the rabbit never flinched.  Navidad died in their sleep, which Octane viewed as boring, and he would tell others that Navidad died in a rocket crashing into a planet. 
- Octane dyes his hair. In the "Family Portrait" comic, he dyes his hair green. However, writer Tom Casiello implied that Octane dyes his hair a whole variety of colors.
- One of Octane's kill quips, "You need to move faster than that, amigo. Speed is life.", is a reference to Titanfall 2's Apex Predator, Viper, who repeatedly says, "You need to move faster than that, son. Speed is life."
- Octane's father remarries often. Octane feels no connection to his spouses, so he refers to them as numbers. He calls his biological mother "Number Two."
The bloodier original version of the Record Breaker loading screen.
Early concept art of Octane.
Concept art of Octane.
Octane's face, seen in Chapter 8 of Pathfinder's Quest.
- Octane Loading Screen Text "Record Breaker"
- Apex Legends’ new hero Octane was inspired by a record-setting Titanfall 2 speedrun – Polygon
- Every Legend in Apex Legends Explained By Respawn | WIRED
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Pathfinder's Quest
- Campbell White on Artstation
- Campbell White on Artstation
- Prog Wang on Twitter
- Kejun Wang on Artstation