Completing all of the chapters rewards you with 3 Bloodhound Thematic Packs.
Prologue: The White Raven
|“||"Talos is dying." The thought wakes me in the night,sweat biting my skin, the taste of the 's fruit turning to ash on my tongue. My people, ódr, want to turn their spears to Hammond's . Instead, I watch the dawn sun spill across my home's new wounds, a question gnawing at my heart. Not "Why would the gods allow this?" but "Why would I?"|
The White Raven appears in the lobby. Interacting with the White Raven will make Bloodhound says "That is notraven. It is…strange…”
Chapter 1: Old Ways
|“||When the White Raven stares, it is as though I fall into its molten eyes and burn with truth I cannot see. Though I feel, I will not and hide. Not anymore. Uncle once said, "We must search to find." I will go to Talos. I will find the White Raven.|
At the start of the match, the White Raven's initial location is displayed on the mini-map at Lava Siphon. After investigating the Raven, the Raven flies off in a randomized direction.
Player must then track the trail of an injured prowler. At the end of the trail is the White Raven; the player will be prompted to investigate it, prompting a dialogue:
Interacting with the the Lobby's White Raven will make Bloodhound say "Uncle. He speaks from Valhalla..."
Chapter 2: Cold Tracks
|“||New wounds release old pains.pains felt not just by me, but all of Talos' children. A prowler was brutally injured by the devastation. It is not valr for it to die in this way. Talos cannot suffer more dishonor. To help the prowler, I must continue to track it, as my Uncle taught me.|
This chapter unlocked on October 2nd, 2021. The challenge is "Pick up the wounded prowler's trail on World's Edge between Landslide and Skyhook as Bloodhound." It only activates in non-Ranked matches.
At the start of the match, the White Raven's initial location is displayed on the mini-map at the area at the Southwest corner of Skyhook.
- "The beast and I... we drank from the streams, breathed the air, hunted the trails."
- "This world is in our . Their ... spilled by , by greed..."
- "Hammond knows only . They see flecks of left on Talos' bones, forgetting what happened when they last fed on us."
Player must then track the trail of an injured prowler. At the end of the trail, located at Epicenter, is the White Raven; the player will be prompted to investigate it, prompting a dialogue.
- "The trail is lost. It led me here-- to New Dawn... my parents' frozen tomb."
- White Raven: "Not a tomb. A monument... to your hand in their death. They only worked so hard with the vela to support you..."
- White Raven flies away
- "Uncle. I wish I could to them now, tell them to come home, that... that I... I am not worth their lives. But I am too late..."
Interacting with the Lobby's White Raven will make Bloodhound say "Youme. You show me pain, but not the beast whose pain I could ."
Chapter 3: Dying Ambers
|“||I lived in false hood until the White Raven -- my Uncle -- spoke the truth: my parents' death was my fault. The pain, the shame, the veikr-ness... it destroys me. And I can do nothing to stop it. I deserve it. All of it.
But the prowler does not. It did not cause this destruction. It must not pay for it. I will not allow it.
This chapter unlocked on October 5th, 2021. The challenge is "Go to the Epicenter as Bloodhound, where the White Raven has found the wounded prowler's trail." It only activates in non-Ranked matches.
At the start of the match, the White Raven's initial location is displayed on the mini-map at the area at the Epicenter.
Player must then track the trail of an injured prowler. Eventually, located near the climatizer, is a dead campfire, with the White Raven sitting on top; the player will be prompted to investigate it, prompting a dialogue.
- "The trail runs through a campsite, just like the one Boone and I shared..."
- White Raven: "Seduced... you reject the very wisdom that kept us alive. You reject us."
- "Nei! It... it was not like this. He did not know our ways and hunted without honor."
- "But I could have -- should have stopped him. Uncle, I would never..."
Player must then continue to track the trail of an injured prowler. Eventually, right by a nearby mountain range at the edge of the map, is the White Raven; the player will be prompted to investigate it, prompting a dialogue.
- "Ah -- the tracks. The Prowler went up this mountain. To die alone."
- " . I cannot climb this. I will need another way, after the conclusion of this day's games."
Interacting with the Lobby's White Raven will make Bloodhound say "Having failed so many, I must save the beast from its suffering."
Finale: New Dawn
|“||I have tried to deny the truth. Tried to reject it. Tried to from it and repay it. Yet the White Raven sees through me: dishonor stains all I touch, like blackened bloth. This is the truth, and still I seek to help to wounded prowler. Why?
All I know is when the White Raven beckons, I will follow it to the end.
This chapter unlocked on October 5th, 2021. The challenge is "Take the Firing Range Dropship to the wounded prowler's cave as Bloodhound".
Players will then need to go to the Firing Range and interact with the console at the landing platform in the center. Once the player does so, a dropship will enter the Firing Range and takes the player to a local instance of World's Edge (implied to be up at the mountains) Dropping down an icy cave and slide down a slope, the White Raven begins to speak:
- White Raven: "Ah, young one. Once so promising..."
Players will eventually find bloody prowler footprints. Following the blood trail down the cave, the White Raven will appear periodically, caws and speaks, before disappearing into smoke:
- White Raven: "As they who mastered the old ways and the new..."
- White Raven: "... you were meant to be Allfather's knife..."
- White Raven: "... cutting our trail into the future."
- White Raven: "But you? You bit your tongue. You wallow in desire. You play your games."
Players will eventually find themselves within an open lava dome, with the injured prowler at the center. Interacting with it will bring Bloodhound close to it as they inspect its injured body. Meanwhile, the White Raven continue their taunt:
Bloodhound will reach out their right hand to the Prowler's cheek, and they are brought into a foggy white space that contains nothing, save for the injured prowler on the ground, and five spectral Bloodhounds floating in the air in front of the player.
- White Raven: "You failed your and ..."
- (Prompted) " ."
- White Raven: "You failed Boone..."
- (Prompted) (distressed) "Nei."
- White Raven: "You failed your people..."
- (Prompted) "Nei!"
- The left most specter disappear
- White Raven: "You failed your home."
- (Prompted) "NEI!!"
- The right most specter disappear
- White Raven/ (shouting) "You have failed ME."
- White Raven/ "I... am... nothing."
- (Prompted) "No. I... am... BLODHUNDR!"
- Bloodhound activates their Beast of the Hunt. Two specters disappear, leaving only the one in center. Its gaze still set upon Bloodhound.
- "Allfather guides all -- my parents, Boone... To taka responsibility for all is to taka the power of the gods."
- "I am no god. And I am not nothing. I am Blodhundr."
The spectre Bloodhound will let loose a flash, bringing Bloodhound back to reality, with them still closely inspecting the dying prowler
- (sigh) " creature, I cannot stop your suffering. , but it is part of life."
- "You are at your end, so let it go, vaenn creature. Go to valhalla knowing you are not alone, and you are not lost. I am with you, and you with me." (sigh)
The Chronicle ends, and the White Raven will disappear from the lobby.