Out-of-game media are a general term for comics, motion comics, audio recordings or videos that were released on the game's official social media channels. They are either made in-house by Respawn Entertainment or commissioned from members of the Apex Legends community. These content are considered canon to the lore of Apex Legends.
This page lists them by order of release and does not include Stories from the Outlands, paid content like Pathfinder's Quest or any of the trailers.
Invasion of Kings Canyon
These set of image teasers, released weekly starting on June 13 until June 26, 2019, features the events prior to the fall of Repulsor Tower and the invasion of wildlife into Kings Canyon.
DATA LOG AZ71P
Released June 13, 2019
Released June 19, 2019
Repulsor Service Report
Released June 26, 2019
Wraith - DATA LOG 147 61137
This image teaser for the Voidwalker Stories from the Outlands, released August 29, 2019 features information from the IMC's Project Wraith concerning Wraith herself.
These set of image teasers, released from September 25 to 27 2019, feature Crypto's attempt to get information about World's Edge.
Crypto's message to Mystik
Released September 25, 2019
Login Attempt 00827_52
Released September 26, 2019
Login Attempt 00927_10
Released September 26, 2019
Released September 26, 2019
Accessing New Dawn
Released September 27, 2019
|Transcript of Crypto's encoded message to Mystik
|As I'm sure you've heard, I took your advice and I went to the Games. It's the only way to get close to the people who framed me. All I had to do was distract the Syndicate long enough to get "Crypto's" credentials into the system. You were right about the qualifying matches. I looked into it, and there's no way I could have gotten in. So I went with Plan B: I took down the Repulsor tower. I had no idea it would be so insane. I'm hoping the damage was enough to close Kings Canyon, so I can hitch a ride on the dropship off Solace, and find the evidence I need somewhere in New Dawn.
I just hope I see you one last time, and I don't get blown up before I go off-planet. (Sorry. Paranoia leads to gallows humor.) Thank you for always being the mom I needed. I'll be in touch. Try not to worry much. What's that you always say? It's hard to be scared when you're prepared.
Mirage - Skills and Good Looks Award
These set of image teasers, released on December 06 and 12 2019, feature Mirage and contains testimonials from people in-universe.
Released December 06, 2019
Released December 12, 2019
The Forge Interview
These are a set of images, released from January 25 to 28 of 2020, concerning Forge and his entry to the Apex Games.
The legend matchups and the subsequent replies are set right before his interview with Lisa Stone, while the last one is a statement made by Outlands TV following his murder by Revenant.
Released January 25, 2020
The Legends' replies to Forge's statements.
Released January 26, 2020
Outlands TV's statement about Forge's murder.
Released January 28, 2020
These set of teasers chronicle the break-ins on Hammond Robotics facilities conducted by Revenant after his murder of Forge and before his entry to the Apex Games.
Hammond Robotics internal email to employees regarding a breach.
Released January 29, 2020
New details are emerging as 3 Hammond Robotics employees failed to show for work today. While little is known about the presumed missing employees, the same (now corrupted) data file was found at all 3 scenes.
If you have any information, please contact the Syndicate.
Released January 29, 2020
BREAKING: In an OTV exclusive, we have obtained security footage from the Hammond Robotics break-in earlier this week offering our first look at a possible suspect. Hammond Robotics has, once again, declined to comment.
Released January 30, 2020
Bloodhound - For Artur
This audio recording, released on April 17, 2020, features Bloodhound reciting a poem they made talking about their uncle Artur and Boone.
These set of images, released from April 28 to May 4 of 2020, contains files related to "Project 617", and shows how Revenant comes to be.
Project 617 Trial 7578.
Project 617 Subject XAC.
Project 617 test results.
Loba - A Letter
This image, released on May 08, 2020, features Alanza Andrade's letter to her daughter Loba.
The Broken Ghost- Epilogue
This two-part comic, released on August 04 and 10 2020, is the epilogue for The Broken Ghost. The comics were illustrated by JEL.
Rampart Audio Teasers
This set of five audio teasers were released for Rampart.
This three-part comic, released weekly from October 09 to 23 2020, is the epilogue for The First Ship.
This comic was illustrated by Kelly
This comic was illustrated by genta.
This comic was illustrated by Rhonnie.
Family Portrait - Epilogue
This comic, released on December 23, 2020, is the epilogue for Family Portrait. The comics were illustrated by genta.
Loba & Revenant - A Worse Fate
This motion comic, released on December 28, 2020, features Loba and Revenant and is a continuation of the storyline that started on Season 5's quest, The Broken Ghost.
- "Well, here we are. Got something for me, Loba?
- "Yes - a surprise. I found your source code in an underground vault. Just like Hammond said."
- snarling "Then why don't you go get it?"
- "Oh, I did. And I took it to one of those lovely phase runners."
- "I had no idea how far they reach. A press of a button. And just like that... your source code's halfway to Gridiron."
- "You took away everything I cared about. Now I'm taking away everything you care about."
- "You-- You--" Wrathful Screaming
- Revenant and Loba proceed to fight against each other
- Revenant ended up lying on the floor. Loba is walking away.
- "You're not dying today. You're not dying ever."
- "You have a long, miserable life ahead of you. And for once? Killing won't get you what you want."
- "Come after me if you like, but the one thing you care about in this universe is still gone."
- "Think on that for a while, won't you? After all, you have nothing but time."
- Loba walks away
- "I will kill you, but not today. Today, I become your shadow."
- "And I wait. And when you finally have something you love with all your heart, I'll annihilate it and send you into the hell you deserve."
- "Think you know suffering, girl? Just wait..."
Wattson & Crypto - The Truth
This motion comic, released on January 01, 2021, features Wattson and Crypto and is a continuation of the storyline that started on Season 5's quest, The Broken Ghost.
- Crypto and Wattson enter the apartment. Door locks
- "Thank you for coming. I guess you trust me a little."
- "Don't get ahead of yourself, Crypto, I have my nodes. You'd be surprised what I can do with them."
- "You could have said 'shocked' instead of 'surprised'."
- "Yes, I could have. So, what is it you want to say to me?"
- "I... I thought about what you said, and you're right. You can't trust someone you don't know."
- "So I-I want you to know. I'm... my name is... I- I am..."
- stifle a chuckle
- "I'm glad this is amusing to you."
- "It isn't, I swear. But it can't be that bad."
- "I've been around the Arena since I was very young. I've met a lot of people, not all of them good."
- "I don't think you could say anything that would shock me."
- "... My name is not Hyeon Kim. I am not from Solace."
- "Okay. Then what is your name?"
- "...You're really that afraid?"
- Hack comes into view "I'M NOT AFRAID. But I'm not an idiot. There are people after me."
- "But the Syndicate will protect you. They want you to compete, so they will keep you safe - outside the Ring, anyway."
- "The person after me is... part of the Syndicate."
- "Why? What did you do?"
- "NOTHING! I did nothing -- exactly like I was supposed to do. And everything still went wrong!" Sighs "Sorry." Hack stands down
- "No, it's all right. Go on."
- "I... before I joined the Games, I worked for the Syndicate. So did my sister."
- "One day, we found something we shouldn't have. She tried to steal it. They found out."
- "She went missing, and they framed me for her murder."
- "Oh. That's terrible. Did you find out what happened to her?"
- Sigh "She found me. Maybe. Someone contacted me on Kings Canyon. It might be her - or someone impersonating her."
- I... 몰라. But if it is, she might be able to help me. Because until I have answers, and I clear my name - I don't have one. I'm just Crypto."
- "But you do have a name."
- "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
- "That's not it. Once someone has your name, they have everything. I'm used to being careful."
- "You've told me so much though. Why?"
- "I... enjoyed working with you. And you seem honest. Trustworthy. I hope."
- "You..." pause "You know my father and I worked for the Syndicate, don't you?"
- "You know I owe so much to them?... Of course. You know everything about everyone."
- "But when Dr. Caustic said you double-crossed Loba, I realized I don't know anything about you."
- "You didn't want me to. You treated me like an enemy."
- "But you know who I am, and you told me all of this anyway. That wasn't very smart."
- "I don't think Crypto would do that. So whoever you are, you're more than just Crypto."
- "I think I could trust you - now that I know someone in there trusts me."
- "So, nice to meet you... Whoever you are."
- "It's... Tae Joon Park."
- "Nice to meet you, Tae Joon. Your secret is safe with me."
- "And I hope you don't mind inducting me into your circle of friends." Giggles
- "Nice to meet you too, Natalie."
Fuse - Outlaw's Oath
This audio recording, released on February 27, 2021, features Fuse.
Caustic & Wattson - A Shock To The System
This two-part comic, released on April 07 and 13 2021, features Caustic and Wattson following his absence after Part 1 of the Armageddon quest.
This comic was illustrated by Preeti.
This comic was illustrated by Py-Bun.
Bangalore & Wraith - Cold Steel
This motion comic, released on April 03, 2021, features Bangalore and Wraith.
The Legacy Antigen
During The Legacy Antigen Quest, numerous extra media was released as side stories to supplement the in-game comics
The Legacy Antigen - Prologue - Director's Cut
This comic, released on May 08, 2021, was released as an extended version of the prologue. The comic was illustrated by JEL.
Gibraltar - The Boy Who Hated Gibraltar
The two comics from this storyline was released on May 08 and 16 2021.
Bangalore & Wraith - Wrong Wraith
The two comics from this storyline released on May 22 and 29 2021. It also continues the story from "Cold Steel".
This comic was illustrated by Jocy.
This comic was illustrated by JEL.
Mirage, Rampart & Pathfinder - Measuring the marigolds
This comic was released on June 05, 2021. The comic was illustrated by Rhonnie.
Octane & Lifeline - Runs In The Family
The two comics from this storyline, released on June 11 and 19 2021, was released as part of The Legacy Antigen Quest.
Horizon - Red Flags
This motion comic, released on June 26, 2021, was released as a part of The Legacy Antigen Quest. The motion comic was illustrated by Sarah Stone.
- Machines humming as they boot up. Horizon muttering to herself
- "Oh, thank you, darlin. Science never sleeps!"
- "But it can't do much but twiddle its thumbs when we keep losing power!"
- "De rien. Though, there's some damage to this wall."
- "I'm not that kind of engineer. Maybe-"
- Interrupting "Ugh! You dafty thing- "
- Catching herself "Sorry dear. Power's back on and I lose the database."
- "Cannae believe it? I'd swear these vines have a mind to stop us from stopping them."
- Doors Open. Footsteps.
- Ash: Enters room "Hmm. A unique theory"
- "Oh, You're... the lass running the Arenas."
- Ash: "Ash. And I am here for an update on your progress"
- "Well, there's-"
- Ash: Interupting "One of our locations is at risk. Its survival is essential."
- "Uh... We've got a lot of sick people here, dear."
- "The lion's share of our funds are tapped for the immunologists and the botanists-"
- Ash: Interupting "That's not good enough. We need structural engineers securing the Arena site."
- Ash: "As you are well aware, we are running a competition, one that is paying for your work here"
- Ash: "Our site takes first priority."
- Holding in anger "Right.... we'll get on that. Now if you'll excuse me."
- Ash: "Do you believe that is sufficient?"
- "I believe we're doing our best under the circumstances."
- "And I believe your priorities are right out of order."
- Ash: Dangerous tone "Is that so?"
- "You think your game is more important than people?"
- "You're standing on a marvel of modern science that's having the life choked out of it."
- Ash: Sarcastic tone "A marvel? How sentimental."
- "Yes... My dearest friend dedicated her life to this place. I raised my son here."
- "Pardon me if I'm a bit touchy about it falling out of the sky!"
- Building RUMBLES
- "What's happening?"
- "The vines could be digging in right under our feet. If the building's compromised-"
- "LOOK OUT!"
- Ash pushes Horizon from falling debris. BAM and SPARKS as the beam hits the ground
- Wattson and Horizon coughing, catching their breath
- "Mother of God!"
- Ash: Unphased "These components have been damaged. Unfortunate."
- "I... you saved me."
- Ash: "Correct."
- "I... thank you. And I'm- I'm sorry for losing my temper."
- Ash: "You're fragile. It is to be expected. But your work is essential."
- Ash: "Your death would be a significant step back for the project."
- Damaged computer SPARKS
- "Oh... Right. Well, Now I'm back to work with half the equipment."
- Ash: "The syndicate will fund replacements. Expect them within twenty-four hours."
- Ash: "I expect an update when your equipment is repaired."
- Ash: Moves to the door "You're doing much to protect Lilian Peck's legacy. I'm sure your son Newton would be proud."
- Ash EXITS. Horizon takes a breath
- Frazzled "Oh, and you're all right, dear?"
- "Yes, I'm fine. And... you?"
- "Yes, well... about as good as..." trails off muttering
- "Dr. Somers?"
- "...My son. Newton. She-she said his name. How did she know?"
- "Ah, it sounds familiar. it's on Pathfinder's statue, isn't it? The dedication, with grand-mere."
- "Oh" laughs "Yes... yes. Thank you, dear. Helping keep my head on straight."
- "Now... ah, I've kept you from someone, haven't I? Miss Ticacek? Oh darlin', I'm sorry to make you dilly-dally."
- Uncertain "Oui... not at all"
- Wattson EXITS
- "The plaque. Right. The plaque" scribbling furiously "Yeah, that's what it is, it's the plaque..." Trails off, muttering
The following are stills released by the artist.
Wattson - Reflections
This motion comic, released on July 03, 2021, is part of The Legacy Antigen Quest. The motion comic was illustrated by Shaira.
- SCENE: Hospital room
- Machines hums, blip of heart monitor
- Mystik: "Hello? Dr. Somers? I-Is that you?"
- "It's, uh... not Dr. Somers, Ms. Ticacek"
- Mystik: "Oh, there you are! Honey, can you help me? I think my heart has stopped beating."
- "WHAT?! Oh, the heart monitor. We've been having issues with the power."
- "I can help with that." (SPARKS) "How are you otherwise?"
- Mystik: "Is that... you're building a fence? It IS you. How are the boys? Are they back yet?"
- "I... I don't know what you're referring to. I'm just a.... volunteer."
- Mystik: "Oh you're a terrible liar, Natalie. I know who you are."
- Mystik: "I know who my son is. I know who my other son is. So, let's drop the pretense because my clock is running out."
- Mystik: "And talking in code seems like a real waste of my last night alive." (Strained breath) "Now, where were we?"
- Mystik: "Oh! How I'm doing. Probably dying tomorrow. How are you, honey?"
- (Attempting to stifle her own laughter)
- Mystik: "My upcoming demise is funny, is it?"
- (Unable to stop laughing) "I... don't know why I'm laughing. It's not funny."
- "It's just... you're right. I don't know how to lie. I don't even know what I was thinking. I had no plan coming here!"
- Mystik: "Then allow me to take the wheel and say this: I thank the universe every day my boys have had you to look out for them."
- "And I'm thrilled to meet the woman who raise them."
- Mystik: "I don't know if I 'raised' Alexander. I was so young. I thought if I kept that cookie jar full, and had him decorate cupcakes, and called him names like-"
- Mystik and : "like Smartypants!" (Wattson laughs)
- Mystik: "You know that story?"
- "Yes, I know that story."
- Mystik: "... I ignored all the warning signs. Denial is so easy when you're a new mother."
- Mystik: "You want so badly to believe the world will be perfect for your kids."
- Mystik: "We want that so desperately, we'll lie to them. And to ourselves. And don't even realize..."
- Mystik: "But... we do our best. I'm sure your mom has similar stories."
- "My mom died when I was a baby. It's ok. I had my papa, and he was wonderful. He also died. Few years ago."
- Mystik: "Being a teenager is hard enough without being an orphan on top of it."
- "After his funeral, the other Legends found me sitting under the kitchen table."
- "They had to coax me out. Help me understand that even though they weren't my biological family, they were still..."
- Mystik: "Your adopted family?"
- "Just... my family."
- Mystik: Swallowing emotion "Well, if I didn't like you before, Natalie, that sealed it. That kind of inner strength-"
- "Oh, no. They were the strong ones. My Legends. I just wanted to crawl under the table and never come out."
- Mystik: "You had the kitchen table, I had a bridge. I'd sit on the ledge every night. Dead husband. Dead son, or so I thought."
- Mystik: "I'd ask the heavens for a sign. A reason to keep going."
- "And you got one...?"
- Mystik: "I did. He walked out from under that bridge and yell at me, in Korean, that he was trying to sleep."
- Mystik: "He was 12 years old and all by himself. I was sixty... and just as alone."
- "They were our angels..."
- Mystik: "Here's the thing, honey. They're not angels. They're just... people."
- Mystik: "WE made the choice to keep going. That's on US. Give yourself credit."
- Mystik: "Whatever life throws at you, always know that you can take it. You can take anything."
- "We're like... lightning rods."
- Mystik: "Stronger than even we realize."
- "I still miss him sometimes. When the house gets quiet. Especially at night."
- Mystik: "My house is full of children and never quiet. And it still feels empty without Alexander."
- "When did you realize he was... not... dead?"
- Mystik: Labored breathed in "The second I saw my first Apex match, I know. he looks exactly the same.
- Mystik: "What changed, the part in his hair? Worst disguise I'ver ever seen. He's not even trying."
- Chuckles "Still... that must have hurt. You even had a funeral."
- Mystik: "Oh, I was LIVID. To make your own mother believe... after all he put me through" pained breath "...you get it."
- Mystik: "You'ver experienced it. But you never gave up on him. Not entirely. Watching you navigate your way around him in a way that I couldn't."
- Mystik: pained breath "I never stopped loving Alexander, but you're the reason I started liking him again."
- "I understand him more now. His language. It scares me sometimes, but... it's starting to make sense to me now."
- "You should know it got pretty bad. He almost-"
- Sound of paper rips
- "...Ms. Ticacek, what is this?"
- Mystik: "This is my contact info. I don't care what time it is, the next time you're feeling alone in your house, you reach out to me."
- Mystik: "You're family now, honey. To them, and to me. My son thinks very, VERY highly of you, you know."
- "He has been... supportive of my scientific work. In his own way."
- Mystik: "That wasn't the son I was referring to..."
- Mystik: "Well... look at that." Big breath "My heart appears to be working again, thanks to you."
- Mystik: Big breath "So anyway, when they opened Olympus, I had to come. Sometimes a mother needs to step in before her sons go too far. Of course NOW they decide to... work together" Strained breath "leave the planet... when I show up."
- Mystik: Strained breath, machines beeping in alarm "...Boys, ami... rite?"
- "Mystik? What is it?"
- Mystik: "Think I... need... Doc..."
- "KATERINA?!?! Please don't die! PLEASE!"
- Start to send sparks from her equipment "SOMEBODY, HELP US! HELP! HELLLLLP!!"
- In the background, a doctor enters the room
The following are stills released by the artist.
The Legacy Antigen - Epilogue
This comic, released on July 10, 2021, serves as the epilogue of The Legacy Antigen Quest.
This comic was made with panels from the various artists that contributed during the run of the season's community comics.
Valkyrie - Rest Easy
This audio recording was released on June 10, 2021 and featured Valkyrie.
This short film, released on June 23, 2021, is an adaptation of the events of Pathfinder's Quest Chapter 11. The animation was made by GoldenLane Studios.
Seer - The Moth and the Flame
This series of motion comics were released in three chapters from July 16 to 18, 2021, as a teaser for the then upcoming legend, Seer.
Seer Audio Teasers
This set of three audio teasers were released as a teaser for Seer's abilities and lore.
Crisis into opportunity
This video, released on July 29, 2021, is presented as official communications from Hammond Robotics for the changes incoming to World's Edge on Season 10. It also has additional narration from Bloodhound.
With love, from Obi
This motion comic was released on Aug 25, 2021, a letter from Seer to his parents. 
|Transcript of Seer's Letter to his parents
Dear nne m, nna m--
For a very long time, fear surrounded me.
From those who feared me, and my own fear about who I was.
But before I knew fear, I knew love... your love.
It came with me everywhere, even when I was alone.
I wore your love like a veil, it kept me safe.
Without your love, I would have disappeared,
Pulled under by the notions of others, drowned by their ignorance,
But, like your banga soup, your love kept me warm,
Protecting what little spark I had left inside, nurturing it long enough to deliver me to my destiny.
And now, that spark is a flame, roaring and proud.
And here I have made it, where I always dreamed, on this grand stage.
I feel the love of many now, from those who did not care to know the once scared boy who now stands before them a man...
You are my heat, my protectors, and the one who always saw me long before I saw myself.
A furum gi n'anya. From Obi.
Season 10 Side Stories - Horizon and Ash
The following series serves to continue the Horizon's story line of reuniting with her son 87 years in the past, and a stealth lead up to Season 11 and announcement of Ash
Finding a Path
This comic was released on Oct 11, 2021.
How to Wake Up
This comic was released on Oct 13, 2021.
You're Not alone
This comic was released on Oct 15, 2021.