|“||I’m Marvin, but my best friends call me Pathfinder. I love being an Apex Legend because that means my banner is on display for everyone in the Outlands to see, especially my creator whoever they are. Competing alongside so many skilled fighters each match is really cool and it makes me very excited to know that I am everyone’s favorite squadmate to fight with; my friend Mirage told me that. He also said that I don’t get sarcasm, which was also nice to hear...I think.|
|Date of Birth||Feb 04, 2658|
|Weight||937 lbs (425 kg)|
|Height||6'2" (188 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Grappling Hook|
|Passive Ability||Insider Knowledge|
|Ultimate Ability||Zipline Gun|
|Voice Actor||Chris Edgerly|
Pathfinder is a Legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Pathfinder is a Recon Legend very useful on movement and rotation. His Grappling Hook ability allows you to reach higher places and to tactically reposition while his Insider Knowledge and Zipline Gun abilities allow him to support your squad by letting them know the position of the next ring and provide a zipline on-the-fly to allow quick escapes and to reposition respectively.
- 1 Abilities
- 2 Lore
- 3 Cosmetic items
- 4 Voice lines
- 5 History
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
|Description||Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.|
- Throws a grappling hook that will attach to the first solid object it hits (including players and ziplines) and pull you towards it.
- The maximum length of the grappling hook is 21 meters. There is a circle on Pathfinder's crosshair that turns blue to indicate when the surface you're pointing at is within grapple range.
- By aiming to the side, you can swing in that direction instead of being pulled straight in. The grapple will disconnect after swinging to a 90° angle, and you will keep your momentum.
- The grappling hook can also attach to players, pulling the two of you together.
- The cooldown's length scales based on the distance Pathfinder travels, with more emphasis placed on horizontal movement. It stops increasing when Pathfinder's velocity returns to standard sprinting speed or after 5 seconds, whichever comes first.
|Description||Scan a Survey Beacon to reduce the cooldown of Zipline Gun.|
- Using a survey beacon decreases Pathfinder’s Zipline Gun cooldown by 10 seconds.
- Up to 4 rings means the cooldown can get reduced from 120 seconds down to 80.
- Scanning a survey beacon also fully charges Pathfinder’s ultimate.
|Description||Create a zipline for everyone to use.|
|Charge time||2 minutes|
- Creates a zipline between your current location and a target location, which you, your teammates, and enemies can use to move quickly between both points.
- The other end of the zipline can be attached to any surface, allowing them to lead to places that players can't stand.
- The maximum length of the zipline is 100 meters. Up to 4 ziplines can be active on the map at once.
|Description||Scanning Survey Beacons reveals the next circle's location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
First booted up on February 04, 2658, as part of Project Iris' by "The Group", Pathfinder is a heavily modified MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity), made to assist the Group in their task of refining Branthium. His modifications include, among other things, a chassis with reinforced metal; a specialized heat shield to withstand high temperature; state-of-the-art facial recognition software; customized programming and IDCOMS Framethat allowed him to verbalize, as well as access to extensive medical and physics knowledge. This allowed him to perform autonomously the complicated tasks that the human members of Project Iris can't. He was also given an amalgamation of each of his creator's personalities and the capability to learn from experience. After they were able to successfully refine their first batch of Branthium however, Dr. Ashleigh Reed, one of his creators, betrayed the rest of her colleagues, setting off a chain of events that led to the Phase Runner Accident on Olympus.
He then eventually booted up again thirty-three years ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator by stowing on merchant ships and traveling everywhere between Solace to Gaea for a couple of years. After one of his legs broke due to someone attempting to steal said leg, he took odd jobs to gain information about his maker and to get the money to fix his leg.
In 2725, while working as a waiter in Malta, he met Victor Maldera who arrested him after inadvertently killing one of the restaurant's customers. Maldera took a look at his logs and saw that Pathfinder was able to witness, and have video evidence, of Alexander Nox's escape from the Humbert Labs. Maldera, who was obsessively pursuing the case, wanted to get a copy of the footage, it was during this that Pathfinder had the first actual clue to one of his creators, a certain Amélie P. The resulting scuffle (due to him witnessing a mafia member murdering another person) had him incapacitated for an unknown amount of time, although he was eventually activated again and promptly resumed his search.
It was during a chance meeting with bartender Elliott Witt in Solace City that he learned about the Apex Games. It has been four years since then, and he has learned a lot from his travels and his experiences in the games, but he was nowhere close to finding his creator than he was before. That was until he found a depreciated MRVN unit on Olympus, and with help from Lifeline, Octane and Gibraltar, find the required battery to power it up. The now-activated MRVN played an audio log that gave Pathfinder more clues about his creator, or creators. With notes from the audio logs on hand he went on a quest to look for answers from his friends, the Legends.
This quest of his drew to an end on Kuben Blisk's office at Syndicate Tower, with the Apex Games Commissioner providing him with the truth about his creators and a photo of them.. However, Blisk's musing about "another one" that was made from his spare parts gave Pathfinder a new purpose: to find his "child".
From left to right:
- Dr. Conan Shelley
- Dr. Anastasia "Stay" Oliveira
- Newton Somers
- Professor Milly Delgado
- Dr. Aleki Gibraltar
- Dr. Amélie Paquette
- Dr. Ashleigh Reid
- Dr. Armen Fletcher
There are a total of 72 Legend skins for Pathfinder: 24 Legendary, 8 Epic, 24 Rare and 16 Common.
Story of Pathfinder:
- SRVN MRVN: Pathfinder once attended a high society charity event on Maita. Unfortunately, the party blew up before he could give a toast to friends, friendship, and riding a zipline with friends.
- Memoir Noir: Years ago, Pathfinder woke up in an abandoned warehouse with no knowledge of his past. Then, one fateful day, his good friend Victor Maldera helped him unlock pieces of his forgotten memories.
- The BP-1 skin was given to any player who logged in between 03 December 2019 and 14 January 2020.
This set was made available during the Holo-Day Bash event. Anyone who completed the Holo-Day Bash Collection set was given this automatically.
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Boxing Gloves
- A Banner Pose: Lights Out
- A Kill Quip: "Did you see how great I was? I did all kinds of really amazing moves... are you listening?"
- Pathfinder's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Grapple tactical ability. His interest in high-fives is a reference to a MRVN who would attempt to high-five players on the dropship, only to become sad when it receives none.
- Pathfinder is one of the only Legends in the game with a hitbox that does not follow the small, large, or medium rigs. Pathfinder was originally on the large rig (like Caustic and Gibraltar), but because he is so skinny, Pathfinder would get hit by bullets that look like they should miss him. As a result, he was given a unique tall but thin hitbox to better match his model. This dramatically increased his win rate and he had to be given Low Profile to compensate. Pathfinder's hitbox was increased in Season 7 and Low Profile was later removed.
- Pathfinder has many interactions with Bloodhound's raven Artur, who attacks him. In the Season 3 Launch Trailer, Bloodhound kills Pathfinder "for Artur," which could either be for the raven, or for Bloodhound's late uncle that the raven is named after. Bloodhound and their uncle were from a tribe that spurned technology.
- Pathfinder is currently the only legend to switch legend classes. Up until Season 4, he was originally classified as a Support Legend but is now classified as a Recon Legend.
- When asked if Pathfinder ever had sex, community manager Jay Frechette vaguely (and likely jokingly) replied that Pathfinder has been around for a long time and may have stories. However, writer Tom Casiello tweeted that he disagreed with the idea of Pathfinder being with anyone romantically.
- Pathfinder is not capable of lying. Originally there was a segment about it for "The Broken Ghost" but it got cut due to length.
- In the "Family Portrait" comic, Pathfinder goes to a party wearing his SRVN MRVN skin, making that skin canonical. When it was pointed out that Pathfinder changed his entire body just to go to a party, writer Tom Casiello stated the inclusion of the skin was debated internally. Ultimately, "it's just fun" won over logic and Tom asked people not to dwell on it or overthink it.
- His first words, according to Pathfinder's Quest, is "Who doesn't like ice cream? Every kid likes ice cream!" The line is likely spoken or influenced by one of his creators Dr. Armen Fletcher who have a love of ice cream. The same line is repeated by Ash during the Broken Ghost quests.
- According to Blisk, spare parts of Pathfinder is rumored to be used to create another MRVN
- Pathfinder Loading Screen Text "Seeking the Creator"
- Broken Ghost Quest
- Pathfinder's Quest Chapter 11
- Pathfinder's Quest pp. 07
- Stories from the Outlands - Fight Night
- Pathfinder's Quest pp. 08
- A Memory Log - Pathfinder
- Pathfinder's Quest pp. 09
- Season 7 Quest - Family Portrait
- Pathfinder's Quest
- Carlos Pineda on Twitter
- DanielZKlein comments on SEASON 6 PATCH NOTES
- RockPaperShotgun developer interview
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Prog Wang on Artstation
- Danny Gardner on Artstation