|“||I'm Marvin, but my best friends call me Pathfinder. I love being an Apex Legend because that means my banner is on display for everyone in the Outlands to see, especially my creator whoever they are. Competing alongside so many skilled fighters each match is really cool and it makes me very excited to know that I am everyone’s favorite squadmate to fight with; my friend Mirage told me that. He also said that I don’t get sarcasm, which was also nice to hear...I think.|
|Date of Birth||Feb 04, 2658|
|Weight||937 lbs (425 kg)|
|Height||6'2" (188 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Grappling Hook|
|Passive Ability||Insider Knowledge|
|Ultimate Ability||Zipline Gun|
|Voice Actor||Chris Edgerly |
Pathfinder is a Legend very useful on movement and rotation. His Grappling Hook ability allows you to reach higher places and to tactically reposition while his Insider Knowledge and Zipline Gun abilities allow him to support your squad by letting them know the position of the next ring and provide a zipline on-the-fly to allow quick escapes and to reposition respectively.
|Description||Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.|
- Throws a grappling hook that will attach to the first solid object it hits (including players and ziplines) and pull you towards it.
- The maximum length of the grappling hook is 21 meters. There is a circle on Pathfinder's crosshair that turns blue to indicate when the surface you're pointing at is within grapple range.
- By aiming to the side, you can swing in that direction instead of being pulled straight in. The grapple will disconnect after swinging to a 90° angle, and you will keep your momentum.
- The grappling hook can also attach to players, pulling the two of you together.
- The cooldown's length scales based on the distance Pathfinder travels, with more emphasis placed on horizontal movement. It stops increasing when Pathfinder's velocity returns to standard sprinting speed or after 5 seconds, whichever comes first.
|Description||Scan a Survey Beacon to reduce the cooldown of Zipline Gun.|
- Using a survey beacon decreases Pathfinder’s Zipline Gun cooldown by 10 seconds.
- Up to 4 rings means the cooldown can get reduced from 120 seconds down to 80.
- Scanning a survey beacon also fully charges Pathfinder’s ultimate.
|Description||Create a zipline for everyone to use.|
|Charge time||2 minutes|
- Creates a zipline between your current location and a target location, which you, your teammates, and enemies can use to move quickly between both points.
- The other end of the zipline can be attached to any surface, allowing them to lead to places that players can't stand.
- The maximum length of the zipline is 100 meters. Up to 4 ziplines can be active on the map at once.
|Description||Scanning Survey Beacons reveals the next circle's location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
|“||Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned warehouse with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder eventually set off in search of his creator.
Pathfinder has learned much in his travels since then (like how to make a mean Eastern Leviathan Stew) but hasn’t come any closer to finding his creator. Still, he’s never given up hope, and has joined the Apex Games to gain a following--and hopefully draw the attention of his maker. In the meantime, he remains enthusiastic and helpful, always ready to make new friends (then shoot them).
There are a total of 79 Legend skins for Pathfinder: 27 Legendary, 11 Epic, 25 Rare and 16 Common.
Story of Pathfinder:
- SRVN MRVN: Pathfinder once attended a high society charity event on Maita. Unfortunately, the party blew up before he could give a toast to friends, friendship, and riding a zipline with friends.
- Memoir Noir: Years ago, Pathfinder woke up in an abandoned warehouse with no knowledge of his past. Then, one fateful day, his good friend Victor Maldera helped him unlock pieces of his forgotten memories.
- The BP-1 skin was given to any player who logged in between 03 December 2019 and 14 January 2020.
This set was made available during the Holo-Day Bash event. Anyone who completed the Holo-Day Bash Collection set was given this automatically.
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Boxing Gloves
- A Banner Pose: Lights Out
- A Kill Quip: "Did you see how great I was? I did all kinds of really amazing moves... are you listening?"
- Pathfinder's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Grapple tactical ability. His interest in high-fives is a reference to a MRVN who would attempt to high-five players on the dropship, only to become sad when it receives none.
- Pathfinder is one of the only Legends in the game with a hitbox that does not follow the small, large, or medium rigs. Pathfinder was originally on the large rig (like Caustic and Gibraltar), but because he is so skinny, Pathfinder would get hit by bullets that look like they should miss him. As a result, he was given a unique tall but thin hitbox to better match his model. This dramatically increased his win rate and he had to be given Low Profile to compensate. Pathfinder's hitbox was increased in Season 7 and Low Profile was later removed.
- Pathfinder is currently the only legend to switch legend classes. Up until Season 4, he was originally classified as a Support Legend but is now classified as a Recon Legend.
Concept art of Pathfinder.
Concept art of Pathfinder's Plastic Fantastic skin.
Concept art of Pathfinder's Full Metal Robot skin.
Concept art of Pathfinder's War Machine skin.
Concept art of Pathfinder's Iced Out skin.
Concept art of Pathfinder's SRVN MRVN skin.
Concept art of Pathfinder's Memoir Noir skin.
Concept art of Pathfinder's Deep Sixed skin.
Concept art for the survey beacons.