|“||Right, mate. I've been knocked down, taken out, hit from both sides hundreds of times - and that was just in a one gauntlet run on a Thursday. But this... this one was a blast! Big Sister's crap of a gang blindsided me at the shop. I mean, do they think they're from the bloody Fringe Worlds? They ain't that tough. I'm just sayin' if ya gonna throw a party at least book a DJ... or a band if you prefer real music, but don't just show up causin' a ruckus and expect not to get a punch in the bloody face. Those plonkers were just pissed that I ran circles around them in the club - cleaned ‘em out pretty good if I don't say so myself. But I ain't stayin' down. Never do. And now, I'm in the bloody big leagues. No more brawlin' for coin against small-town street gangs - . My shop may be gone, but the name 'Rampart' ain't. I reckon only one thing left to do... go out, make it Legendary, and be back in time for a midnight pint. Now THAT's a Thursday.|
|Base of Fire|
|Real Name||Ramya Parekh|
|Tactical Ability||Amped Cover|
|Passive Ability||Modded Loader|
|Ultimate Ability||Mobile Minigun "Sheila"|
|Voice Actor||Anjali Bhimani|
Rampart is a Defensive Legend that specializes in securing areas through firepower. Her tactical ability Amped Cover places a rectangular walls. The upper half of a wall blocks a certain amount of bullets taken from one direction, and enhances any bullets fired through from the other direction. Her passive ability Modded Loader increases reload speed and magazine size with LMGs and her ultimate. Her ultimate ability Mobile Minigun "Sheila" allows her to use a minigun that she can either carry or place down, but it can only be reloaded while immobile.
|Description||Build a crouch-cover wall, which deploys a full-cover amped wall that blocks incoming shots and amps outgoing shots. (Max: 5)|
- You can hold up to 3 charges of this ability, and gain 1 charge every 20 seconds.
- Amped Cover takes 3 seconds to deploy, and it has 45 health during that time.
- The base and the amped barrier have separate health: the amped barrier has 175 health, while the base has 400 health.
- The barrier's health is shown through 7 hexagons, each one being worth 25 health.
- Boosts outgoing damage by 20%.
- Shooting through multiple Amped barriers will still only amp the damage once, and all Amped barriers after the first one will be destroyed.
- Non-damaged cover can be picked up to restore one charge.
- It can be penetrated while it is still being deployed.
- Use long-range weapons to maximize their potential.
- A quick deployment allows users to confirm enemy's precise location
- Careful not to accidentally lock your squadmates out. They can't open the doors either.
|Description||Increased magazine/heat capacity and faster reloads/recharge when using LMGs and the Minigun.|
- Increases magazine size by 15% and decreases reload time by 25%.
- Sheila: 8.67 seconds → 6.5 seconds
- Tactical: 2.78 → 2.09
- Full: 3.31 → 2.48
- Tactical: 2.6 / 2.51 / 2.43 / 2.34 → 1.95 / 1.89 / 1.82 / 1.76
- Full: 3.33 / 3.22 / 3.11 / 3 → 2.5 / 2.42 / 2.33 / 2.25
- Tactical: 2.80 / 2.71 / 2.61 / 2.52 → 2.10 / 2.03 / 1.96 / 1.89
- Full: 3.63 / 3.51 / 3.39 / 3.27 → 2.72 / 2.63 / 2.54 / 2.45
- L-STAR (when overheat): 2.45 / 2.37 / 2.29 / 2.21 → 1.84 / 1.78 / 1.71 / 1.65
- Pickup as 55 ammo in the magazine from Supply Drop
- As the passive also affect the cooldown of L-Star, it becomes a very powerful weapon in the hand of a Rampart who can manage its recoil pattern,
- A Rampart player can carry 2 Purple-Stocked L-STARs, fire a quick burst, then swap to bypass the heat cooldown. Note that this swap must be done before the gun reaching critical, otherwise the full part-swap animation will be played.
- The passive can make Rampart extremely viable in Arena mode due to the lower cost of LMG.
Mobile Minigun "Sheila"
|Mobile Minigun "Sheila"|
|Description||Wield a mobile minigun with a single high capacity magazine. Place it down for anyone to use as a stationary and reloadable turret (Max: 3)|
|Charge time||2 53⁄60 minutes|
- When activated, Rampart will be carrying Sheila with a single magazine of 173 rounds.
- After firing all the shots, you can either place it down as a turret or put it away. (Holster will also count as putting it away.)
- Toggle fire-mode to convert the remaining magazine into ultimate charge. Since Sheila's charge time is 173 seconds, every unused round refunds exactly 1 second, up to a maximum of 130 (~75%). However, if Sheila was never fired, it gets fully refunded.
- Use the normal weapon switch to holster Sheila; it will remain "active" with that magazine, and can be switched back with the ultimate button, until it was placed in cooldown or emplaced.
- Press "Utility action" key to switch between mobile mode and placement mode.
- While emplaced, Sheila has 350 health, a magazine size of 150 (or 173 with Modded Loader), and infinite reserve ammo.
- Emplaced Sheila can be destroyed by pressing "Utility action" key. No charges will be refunded.
- Requires spin up of barrels before can fire. Laser sight will be activated when spinning.
- Press Aim Down Sight Button to start spinning up. As long as the barrels keep spinning, you can shoot it immediately.
- Mobile Sheila spin up time: 1.8 seconds.
- Emplaced Sheila spin up time: 1.25 seconds.
- Tap the sprint button to toggle zoom:
- Mobile mode: 1.8x; Emplaced mode: 3x.
- Built-in Zoom-in Holosight will pop up when zoomed in.
- Distance to the target is shown in the holo sight like a sniper scope.
- Deals 14 damage per round, at 20 rounds/second, with a 2x headshot multiplier and no leg multiplier (full damage profile available at Rampart/Mobile Minigun "Sheila").
- Accuracy is initially poor but improves after ramping up.
- Takes two melee attacks to destroy.
- Can still open loot containers and doors; can still use items on inventory screen.
- The spin up time of mobile mode is lengthly, as well as greatly reduces user's mobility and rotation
- The zoomed scope can easily create tunnel vision
- Emplace Sheila makes the gunner stationary; smart enemies can easily flank an inattentive gunner.
- Because of its loud ramp-up sound and tracking laser, enemies will notice when you stay on Sheila for too long, and will plan around it.
- Place Amped Cover behind Sheila so the gunner won't get shot from the back by surprise.
- Emplace Sheila near chokepoints to force enemies into your line of fire, especially by the Ring-closing in.
- Emplaced Sheila's reload time is very long and leaves you totally vulnerable. Sometimes you'll have to use just one magazine and abandon it.
Rampart is a blue-collar, private business owner who just needs a big gun and a backpack full of scrap metal to get by in the dangerous, wild west world of the Outlands. Before opening her popular modding shop on Gaea, Ramya Parekh made a name for herself in the underground gauntlet circuit. Parekh climbed to the top showcasing pure skill using her custom-modded gear. She began taking jobs from smugglers, Syndicate members, and everyone in between. Some say it ain't great unless it's got "Rampart" written on it.
Parekh never shied away from letting people know how great she was, or better yet, how bad they were. Maybe that's what led a group of assailants to ambush her at her shop one night. Her business burned down and she was left with nothing -- except an Apex Card. For Parekh, the Apex card is more than just an invitation to compete - it's a sign that she may have lost her shop, but she didn't lose what built it. Like her motto says, she's the kind of person who can always "turn crap into gold."
There are a total of 51 skins for Rampart; 9 Legendary, 8 Epic, 18 Rare and 16 Common.
|; September 14, 2021 Patch
- On August 4th, 2020, a tweet from the official game account shows a voice message Bangalore left to Rampart, where she calls Rampart by "P" (from Parekh) and asks if an implied commission is done - almost certainly a gun, considering Rampart's background.
- On August 5th, 2020, signs of Hammond Robotics future worksites on World's Edge were vandalized with spray paint reading "", "SHOP ⟶ ", and "ALL HAIL SHEILA!".
- The same day, a second tweet shows a voice message that a woman called Dion Bakar left to Rampart, where she calls Rampart by "Parekh", praises the pistol that Rampart modded for her and asks for a replica with discount.
- On August 6th, 2020, the Season 6 Launch Trailer was released.
- On August 7th, 2020, another tweet shows a voice message that a man called Nix left to Rampart, where he calls Rampart by "Rami" and implores for a specific "baby" - almost certainly a nickname for gun.
- On August 8th, 2020, the train and Capitol City were vandalized with "SORRY SORRY" and "NOT SORRY". Capitol City was also vandalized with images of Kuben Blisk, one of them having a crown, and the message "WON'T LET YA DOWN " beside them.
- The same day, a tweet shows a voice message from a woman called Frances trying to induce Rampart into losing the next day's match for her, and her friends, gambling profits.
- On August 10th, 2020, a fifth tweet shows a voice message that a man called Grimes left to Rampart. In this message, Grimes offers a good amount of cash for the turret (Sheila) he saw Rampart use in the Gauntlet.
- On August 11, 2020, "The Endorsement" was released.
- On August 14, 2020, the Season 6 Gameplay Trailer was released.
- Rampart's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's A-Wall tactical ability. Her affinity for LMGs likely comes from the meta of using the Spitfire with the A-Wall for easy long-range kills.
- Mobile Minigun "Sheila" is the only Ultimate ability in the game whose cooldown is not a multiple of 30 seconds. This is because the cooldown is based on Sheila's magazine (for Rampart).
- Rampart's symbol can be found on her clothing, weapons that she modded and in the Graffiti Mod icon. Reactive weapon skins from the Season 4, Season 5, and Season 6 Battle Passes also have this symbol engraved. It is present on Season 6 Battle Pass legendary skin for Pathfinder too.
- Rampart has been modding since she was 12 or 13.
- The weapons that Rampart modded are called "Ramparts".
- Due to some inaccurate leaks, there was a misconception that Rampart was a white male before she was revealed. (The dataminer responsible for the leak admitted that he paired names and faces through guesswork.) When Respawn was accused of "changing" Rampart's design, principal animator Moy Parra responded by stating that the leaked image was never Rampart and that designs cannot be changed on a whim. Knowing that people believed in the bad leaks, writer Tom Casiello seemingly created a male gunsmith character "Reginald" as a red herring to Rampart's identity on Twitter, before Rampart was revealed.
- While playing Rampart, the sound of a bubble popping can often be heard after landing on the ground from a fall that is higher than the player jump height since Rampart can be seen chewing gum and blowing bubbles in her menu animations, and in her icon on the legend select screen.
- Sheila apparently is named after one of Valkyrie's ex. Valkyrie is not exactly happy about Rampart using that name for her gun, and had asked her to change its name.
- Rampart's Heirloom is the only heirloom to include an animation that involves a different legend entirely, that being Octane's leg in a rare attack animation.
- Rampart Loading Screen Text “Midnight Pint”
- Anjali Bhimani on Twitter
- Anjali Bhimani and Manny Hagopian Interview with Raynday Gaming on YouTube
- Manny Hagopian on Twitter
- Everything about Rampart | Apex Legends
- Moy Parra on Twitter
- Cristina Laviña on Artstation
- Hethe Sroawa on Twitter
- bamiboy on Twitter