|“||Now there are no more lies. And soon, no more Hammond. You target one Hammond facility after another. And the skinsuits are too busy waging war to care. They blame the Militia, write the dead off as casualties of war. It's not really a lie. It's someone's war... just not theirs. When you slit the last employee's throat… now what? Whatever your heart desires, I suppose… except you don't have a heart, and all you desire is what you were programmed to do in the first place. Ain't that a bitch. Question: who gets to die next? Answer: Anybody you want. This is the Outlands, baby. There's no law. No order. And you're the boogeyman. Or, at least, you will be. Soon enough. So when somebody vanishes without a trace? That's you. When murder goes unsolved? That's you. Your revenge isn't aimed at one person. It's aimed at every person. It's aimed at any person. An endless supply of skin suits, and so much time to kill. What are you waiting for, little simulacrum? Get to work...|
|Real Name||Kaleb Cross|
|Age||44 (as a human)|
313 (as a simulacrum)
|Height||6'8" (203 cm)|
|Ultimate Ability||Death Totem|
|Voice Actor||Darin De Paul|
Revenant is an Offensive Legend who specializes in ambushes and pushing the enemy. His Passive, Stalker gives him the ability to climb higher and crouch walk faster, perfect for silently and quickly ambushing other squads. His Tactical, Silence, allows him to render the enemy’s Tactical and Ultimate abilities unusable, causing chaos and preventing any escape. Lastly, his Ultimate, Death Totem prevents him and his squad from being knocked down, perfect for defending an area or a risky tactic by him and his squad.
|Description||Throw a device that deals damage and disables enemy abilities for 15 seconds.|
- The device explodes on contact and leaves a lingering cloud for 10 seconds.
- Getting hit either directly or by walking into the cloud deals 10 damage and disables tactical, ultimate and some specific passive abilities.
- Has 2 charges.
|Description||You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.|
- Revenant's crouch-walking speed is the same as his walking speed.
- Revenant can climb walls more than 6 times as high as a normal Legend. He can also climb shorter walls 25% faster because it takes longer for his climbing speed to decelerate.
|Description||Drop a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem.|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- The totem takes 1 second to create, lasts 30 seconds, and has 100 Health.
- Both squadmates and enemies can use the totem one time each to turn themselves into a shadow for 25 seconds.
- The Death Totem's default 30-second timer is extended by whoever is the last person to become a shadow. When that person's shadow form ends, so will the totem.
- Shadows can't use healing items, and all received damage ignores their Body Shields or Evo Shields.
- When a shadow is killed, they return to the totem with 50 Health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) and other players see a short whispy red trail providing an approximate clue where the totem is placed.
Revenant used to be human. He used to be the greatest hitman the Mercenary Syndicate ever had. He used to look in the mirror and see his human face looking back. Then one day, he finally saw what he had become at the hands of the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics: a walking nightmare of steel and vestigial flesh.
The simulacrum Revenant first booted up in 2420, though it took another twenty years for the robotic shell to function properly, after which he was delivered to the Syndicate for their use. For three centuries Revenant has been an agent of death for the Syndicate, type the name of the target, and a day later they're dead. When Revenant himself dies, his masters resurrected him again and again, snatching him from death’s embrace and programming him to forget.
But one day, after killing Marcos and Alanza Andrade, he looked at a mirror and finally saw himself for what he had become. He swore that he would hunt down every last person who did this to him, but more than two centuries have passed, and they're all gone… or so he thought.
The return of Hammond Robotics to the Outlands has renewed his thirst for vengeance, he snuck into their facilities, trying to find out more about himself. When an interview with Forge, a Legend sponsored by Hammond, was conducted in World's Edge he went there and killed him. He wasn't the first nor would he be the last, for he won’t stop until anybody connected to Hammond is dead. Of course, he doesn’t mind eviscerating a few of the Legends along the way. He used to need a reason to kill… but he’s not that man anymore.
There are a total of 58 Legend skins for Revenant; 13 Legendary, 7 Epic, 22 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Holiday Spirit Bundle.
From The Deep
- Included in the Winged Beauty Bundle.
The set contains:
- Banner Pose: No Escape
- Melee weapon skin: Dead Man's Curve
- Intro Quip: "You don't wanna see this up close, skin bag."
- Revenant was teased throughout Season 3 before his reveal in Season 4.
- His first appearance was as the announcer in the Shadowfall game mode. He also appeared in its promotional material, such as in the trailer as a silhouette in front of the moon.
- When Season 4 was officially announced, the developers announced that Forge would be the next Legend added and was given lots of promotional material, only to be murdered by Revenant in the short 'Up Close and Personal'. This was later revealed to be a misdirect not just for average players, but also for data miners, which included many pieces of fake Forge data planted in the game's files. 
- Revenant was conceptualized as a 'synthetic shinobi' character. Many different abilities were tested for him, including a 'Mark for Death' ability which permanently put a marker above a target's head so they could be tracked by Revenant's squad.
- Earlier datamining reveals other abilities tested include a poison bomb, a decoy you could teleport to, an ability that briefly makes you faster and silent, and an ultimate that creates a doorway in a wall. Datamining also reveals his name was at one point 'Blackout'.
- During his creation at Hammond Robotics' Project 617, Revenant was designated as Subject XAC.
- When asked for a canonical explanation of Revenant's Death Totem ability, writer Tom Casiello responded that there is a story behind it, but he couldn't say what because it is tied to a future Legend.
- Revenant feels pain, and after learning he is a simulacrum, he remembers all the previous times in which he "died" and got transferred to a new body.
- In a rare animation, Revenant will do a series of hand signs while summoning the Death Totem. The five signs are hand signs from the manga series Naruto, specifically that of Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands, the hand signs for "Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation".
- Revenant has another animation causing him to pull out his skull and pressing in the eyes to summon Death Totem.
- Revenant has a newer animation, his right-hand switches from normal to shadow when activating the totem, which is a reference to 2016's Suicide Squad.
- His Shadow on the Sun and Bird of Prey skins are based on the Egyptian god Ra, who was the god of the sun, order, kings, and the sky, and is depicted with a similar bird head. False Idol and Unholy Beast skins may also be based on the Egyptian god Ra; when he ruled the underworld, he would be in his Ram-Headed form. Alternatively, they may be based on Baphomet.
- Another reference to ancient Egypt is Revenant's Death Totem, which resembles an obelisk. In ancient Egypt, the obelisk symbolized the sun god Ra.
- In his reveal trailer, the "What are you? - Death" scene may be a reference to the beginning of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales".
- It is confirmed by Tom Casiello that Revenant is the tallest Legend compared to Caustic and Gibraltar.
- Revenant's hitbox is large enough to be considered having Fortified, but the developers are worried of community backlash.
- Revenant launched with Low Profile because he originally shared the same skinny hitbox as Pathfinder (who also had Low Profile at the time), but Revenant's hitbox was modified last-minute without the developers knowing. Low Profile was later taken off him.
- A cult supposedly followed Revenant in the 2560's.
- Revenant claims to have a kill count in the millions. However, he includes those he kills in his dreams and imagination.
Project 617 Trial 7578.
Project 617 Subject XAC.
Project 617 test results.
Email to Hammond employees on Revenant's break-ins.
A corrupted file found at several crime scenes.
The discussion that got Revenant into the Apex Games.
Concept art of Revenant.
Concept art of the silencer device.
Concept art of Revenant and the Unholy Beast skin.
Concept art of human Revenant.
- Revenant Loading Screen text “No More Lies”
- Pathfinder's Quest, chapter 10
- @tommiecas on Twitter
- The Cycle Loading Screen
- The Program Loading Screen
- Season 4 Launch Trailer
- Up Close and Personal - Stories from the Outlands
- It took “a little over a year” and “some pretty big gameplay changes” to create Revenant, Apex Legends design director Jason McCord says
- Analyzing/Reacting to "Fortune's Favor" with the Respawn Devs!! (Loba Trailer Season 5 Apex Legends)
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Balance w/ Respawn Dev Jaybiebs & Liquid Hodsic | "The Bird's Eye" Competitive Apex Legends Podcast
- Carlos Pineda on Twitter
- Pathfinder's Quest
- Pathfinder's Quest
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Hethe Srodawa on Twitter
- Luca Xu on Twitter