|“||Now there are no more lies. And soon, no more Hammond. You target one Hammond facility after another. And the skinsuits are too busy waging war to care. They blame the Militia, write the dead off as casualties of war. It's not really a lie. It's someone's war... just not theirs. When you slit the last employee's throat… now what? Whatever your heart desires, I suppose… except you don't have a heart, and all you desire is what you were programmed to do in the first place. Ain't that a bitch. Question: who gets to die next? Answer: Anybody you want. This is the Outlands, baby. There's no law. No order. And you're the boogeyman. Or, at least, you will be. Soon enough. So when somebody vanishes without a trace? That's you. When murder goes unsolved? That's you. Your revenge isn't aimed at one person. It's aimed at every person. It's aimed at any person. An endless supply of skin suits, and so much time to kill. What are you waiting for, little simulacrum? Get to work...|
|Real Name||Kaleb Cross|
|Age||44 (as a human)|
313 (as a simulacrum)
|Height||6'8" (203 cm)|
|Ultimate Ability||Death Totem|
|Voice Actor||Darin De Paul|
Revenant is an Offensive Legend who specializes in ambushes and aggression. His tactical ability Silence fires an orb that sticks to where it lands, dealing damage and preventing the use of abilities to any enemy who touches it. His passive ability Stalker increases his crouched movement speed, climbing speed, and maximum climbing height. His ultimate ability Death Totem causes any player that interacts with it to enter a state where if damaged enough, they will teleport back to the totem and back to a normal state rather than being knocked down.
|Description||Throw a device that deals damage and disables enemy abilities for 15 seconds.|
- The device explodes on contact and leaves a lingering cloud for 10 seconds.
- Getting hit either directly or by walking into the cloud deals 10 damage and disables tactical, ultimate, and some specific passive abilities for 15s econds. (Click here to see the list of affected passives.)
- Has 2 charges.
|Description||You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.|
- Revenant's crouch-walking speed is the same as his walking speed.
- Revenant can climb walls more than 6 times as high as a normal Legend. He can also climb shorter walls 25% faster because it takes longer for his climbing speed to decelerate.
|Description||Drop a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem.|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- The totem takes 1 second to create, lasts 30 seconds, and has 100 Health.
- When placed, the totem emits a visual effect that can be seen by enemies.
- Both squadmates and enemies can use the totem one time each to turn themselves into a shadow for 25 seconds.
- The Death Totem's default 30-second timer is extended by whoever is the last person to become a shadow. When that person's shadow form ends, so will the totem.
- Shadows can't use healing items, and all received damage ignores their Body Shields or Evo Shields.
- When a shadow is killed, they return to the totem with 50 Health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) and other players see a short whispy red trail providing an approximate clue where the totem is placed.
|“||Revenant used to be human. He used to be the greatest hitman the Mercenary Syndicate ever had. He used to look in the mirror and see his human face looking back. But time changes everything, and when his programming finally failed, he saw what he had become at the hands of the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics: a walking nightmare of steel and vestigial flesh. His masters resurrected him as a simulacrum, snatching him from death’s embrace again and again and programming him to forget.
He swore he would hunt down every last person who did this to him, but more than two centuries have passed, and they're all gone… or so he thought. The return of Hammond Robotics to the Outlands has renewed his thirst for vengeance, and he won’t stop until anybody connected to Hammond is dead. Of course, he doesn’t mind eviscerating a few of the Legends along the way. He used to need a reason to kill… but he’s not that man anymore.
There are a total of 68 Legend skins for Revenant; 20 Legendary, 10 Epic, 22 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Holiday Spirit Bundle.
From The Deep
- Included in the Winged Beauty Bundle.
The set contains:
- Banner Pose: No Escape
- Melee weapon skin: Dead Man's Curve
- Intro Quip: "You don't wanna see this up close, skin bag."
You're Already Dead
- Revenant was teased throughout Season 3 before his reveal in Season 4.
- His first appearance was as the announcer in the Shadowfall game mode. He also appeared in its promotional material, such as in the trailer as a silhouette in front of the moon.
- When Season 4 was officially announced, the developers announced that Forge would be the next Legend added and was given lots of promotional material, only to be murdered by Revenant in the short 'Up Close and Personal'. This was later revealed to be a misdirect not just for average players, but also for data miners, which included many pieces of fake Forge data planted in the game's files. 
- Revenant was conceptualized as a 'synthetic shinobi' character. Many different abilities were tested for him, including a 'Mark for Death' ability which permanently put a marker above a target's head so they could be tracked by Revenant's squad. This ability would later be altered slightly and given to Ash, another 'shinobi' type simulacrum character, as her passive.
- Earlier datamining reveals other abilities tested include a poison bomb, a decoy you could teleport to, an ability that briefly makes you faster and silent, and an ultimate that creates a doorway in a wall. Datamining also reveals his name was at one point 'Blackout'.
- In a rare animation, Revenant will do a series of hand signs while summoning the Death Totem. The five signs are hand signs from the manga series Naruto, specifically that of Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands, the hand signs for "Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation".
- Revenant has another animation causing him to pull out his skull and pressing in the eyes to summon Death Totem.
- Revenant has a newer animation, his right-hand intertwines with a shadow version emerging from his wrist and they flip places when activating the totem, which is a reference to the character June Moon turning into Enchantress from 2016's Suicide Squad movie.
- Revenant's hitbox is large enough to be considered having Fortified, but the developers are worried of community backlash.
- Revenant launched with Low Profile because he originally shared the same skinny hitbox as Pathfinder (who also had Low Profile at the time), but Revenant's hitbox was modified last-minute without the developers knowing. Low Profile was later taken off him.
- Due to a bug, Revenant's Death Row skin incorrectly lists his initials as AC instead of KC.
Project 617 Trial 7578.
Project 617 Subject XAC.
Project 617 test results.
Email to Hammond employees on Revenant's break-ins.
A corrupted file found at several crime scenes.
The discussion that got Revenant into the Apex Games.
Concept art of Revenant.
Concept art of the silencer device.
Concept art of Revenant and the Unholy Beast skin.
Concept art of human Revenant.
An official screenshot of Revenant from Season 4.
- Revenant Loading Screen text “No More Lies”
- Pathfinder's Quest, chapter 10
- @tommiecas on Twitter
- It took “a little over a year” and “some pretty big gameplay changes” to create Revenant, Apex Legends design director Jason McCord says
- Balance w/ Respawn Dev Jaybiebs & Liquid Hodsic | "The Bird's Eye" Competitive Apex Legends Podcast
- Carlos Pineda on Twitter
- David on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Hethe Srodawa on Twitter
- Luca Xu on Twitter