|“||"Your heart must beat with passion to the very end."|
|Real Name||Obi Edolasim|
|Tactical Ability||Focus of Attention|
|Passive Ability||Heart Seeker|
|Voice Actor||Iké Amadi|
Seer is a Recon Legend whose abilities are useful in a battle. His tactical, Focus of Attention reveals enemies and cancels various actions made by them. His passive, Heart Seeker can be used to determine the locations of nearby enemies. His ultimate Exhibit reveals enemies using their weapons or running within its radius.
- 1 Abilities
- 2 Lore
- 3 Cosmetic Items
- 4 Voice Lines
- 5 History
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Teasers
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Focus of Attention
|Focus of Attention|
|Description||Summon micro-drones to emit a delayed blast that goes through walls interrupting and revealing enemies.|
- Creates a cylindrical area of effect in front of Seer which, after 1.4 seconds, hits all enemies inside. The cylinder is 75 meters long and has a diameter of 8 meters.
- The ability causes the following effects:
- Interrupts channeled actions such as revives and using healing items.
- Applies a 1.25 second silence, preventing the use of Legend abilities and canceling those already in progress.
- Affected enemies and their health bars are revealed to the squad for 8 seconds. Enemies see 'MICRO-DRONES DETECTED' on their HUD.
- Holding the tactical button slows player movement by 15%. It also activates Heart Seeker.
|Passive||H// to disable|
|Description||Hear and visualize the heartbeats of enemies within 75m when aiming down sights.|
- A circle will be displayed around the crosshair while aiming down sights, the color of the circle will differ depending on the distance and direction of an enemy within a 55 degree cone:
- When an enemy is within 75 m, an orange arrow will be displayed around the circle indicating their direction. When an enemy is within the area bounded by the circle, the whole reticle turns orange.
- When an enemy is in the range of 75 m to [?] m, a blue arrow will be displayed around the circle indicating their direction. When an enemy is within the area bounded by the circle, the whole reticle returns to its normal state.
- At full health, hearts beat every 1.75 seconds. The lower the health, the faster the heart beat. (Shields are irrelevant.)
- Usable while unarmed. Holding the tactical button (Q / / / ), will also display the heartbeat sensor.
- The heartbeat sensor will detect heartbeats through walls until after 75m, where you will need line of sight with the target to detect their heartbeat.
|Description||Create a sphere of micro-drones that reveal the location of enemies moving quickly or firing their weapons within.|
|Charge time||2 minutes|
- Lasts 30 seconds.
- Has 125 HP, and can be destroyed.
- Sphere Diameter is 65 m
- Airborne players, or players who are considered to be crouched and not sliding will not be revealed.
- The number of enemies detected are shown on the player's and their squadmates' HUDs.
- However, you should still be careful, as a nearby enemy can walk up to you and your teammate undetected.
|Description||Scanning Survey Beacons reveals the next circle's location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
|“||Before his birth, it was foretold that Seer would bring pain and suffering to the world--and the night he was born, a meteor barreled across the sky and struck his world’s moon. It was considered a bad omen, and when the pale blue eyes of Obi Edolasim opened, his community saw a cursed child. His parents did not; they loved him unconditionally because they saw the true empathic, creative soul of their son. They even supported him when he was drawn to the theatricality of the Arenas, where he could express himself fully.
At first, the crowds felt unsure of him. But over time, with each victory, the power inside him grew, and with it, his strength in the Arena. And as his reputation began to precede him, a strange thing happened… The people in the crowd who were downtrodden, outcast, and forgotten—they saw themselves in Seer. Soon, throngs of people would come out just to see him fight—cheering Seer on as their champion. Now, this legend from the Arenas is making his way to the Apex Games and there isn’t a single soul who hasn’t already heard his name. The boy born under a bad omen and a terrible myth has taken this tale and created an even greater legend. He is Seer— an icon of the shunned, the unaccepted, and the unabashedly original.
The Moth and the Flame
On the planet Boreas, there is a folktale known that tells of “The Moth and the Flame.” One day, a blind princess, confined to her room, was met by a man at her window who sang for her attention. The two fell in love, and the man asked her to keep a lit candle at her window so he could take her away from the palace. However, the princess’s parents were listening to this conversation and arrested the man out of fear for losing their daughter.
That night, the princess fruitlessly waited at her window with the candle. She began to weep, and her tears saved a moth that had flown into the candle’s flame. In return, the moth offered to reunite the princess with the man on the condition that it would be reborn as her child, stating that it is always attracted to that which will harm it. The princess accepted and left with the moth.
When the king and queen discovered that their daughter had gone missing, they burned her suitor at the stake in an attempt to end her pursuit of him. The moth took notice of the fire and flew into it, unable to resist the allure of its glow. The blind princess followed the moth to her doom. This story has cemented the curse of the moth into the folklore of Boreas. 
In 2708, an asteroid struck the moon of Boreas, decimating it.  At this same moment, Obi Edolasim was born. The people of Boreas saw this, as well as his chilling blue eyes, as a bad omen, and branded Edolasim as a cursed child. He grew up in loneliness, but he was greatly loved by his parents, who unconditionally cared for his creativity and outlook. During his youth, Edolasim learned dance from his mother and technology from his father. 
Early in his life, Edolasim’s parents withdrew him from his school after harassment from both the student body and the administration, with treatment including the destruction of his science fair projects and claims that he “will kill them with his eyes.” Edolasim learned from this a greater lesson than was taught in that school - those who push you away, push you to greater heights. 
On June 20, 2725, Edolasim stumbled across an Arenas match in a warehouse. Despite coming home bruised and beaten, he believed that he had found his true calling in the Arenas. He found a place for himself in the Arenas’ theatrics, writing in his diary that “where there is violence, there is beauty.” He initially hesitated to tell his parents about his newfound passion,  though they unconditionally supported this endeavor, as they always have. 
Edolasim became a rising star in the Arenas, where he amassed a fanbase of those who saw themselves as outcasts.  He gave his fans the message that their “curses'' don't bring them down, but make them strong and unique; everyone must let themselves define their “curse,” not others.  One of his most popular stages was the arena known as Encore, on his home planet of Boreas.  Along the way, he fought with two of the Legends: Rampart, whom he held a close friendship and a strong undefeated streak with , and Octane, who once got Edolasim high on stim. 
Edolasim was chosen in 2734 to join the Apex Games as its newest Legend. Before entering, he won his final Arenas match, with his parents passionately cheering him on. 
There are a total of 51 Legend skins for Seer: 8 Legendary, 8 Epic, 19 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Seer Launch Bundle
Curtain Call[note 1]
- Included in the Emergence Pack
Follow The Light
The Moth and the Flame Chapter 01
The Moth and the Flame Chapter 02
The Moth and the Flame Chapter 03
- Seer was teased two seasons early: In Decrypt the Passcode, the Arenas teaser from Season 8, a moth can be seen on the wall.
- On July 15, 2021, "The Moth and the Flame: Chapter 1" was released.
- On July 16, 2021, "The Moth and the Flame: Chapter 2" was released.
- On July 17, 2021, "The Moth and the Flame: Chapter 3" was released.
- Seer's Heart Chamber could be found in-game across World's Edge and Olympus. If the player interacted with them, they created a moth before dropping 3 Bespoke Micro-Drone. The player's character would say something about the upcoming Legend and the banner screens across the map displayed Seer's ability icons. At the end of the game, the player was given the Bespoke Micro-Drone charm. This can only be done once by any player.
- On July 19, 2021, "Metamorphosis" was released.
- On July 21, 2021, an audio teaser was released.
- On July 22, 2021, the Emergence launch trailer was released.
- On July 23, 2021, a second audio teaser was released.
- On July 26, 2021, the Emergence gameplay trailer was released.
- On July 27, 2021, a third audio teaser was released.
- Seer's ethnicity is Igbo.
- Seer is pansexual.
- Seer has been fighting in the Arenas for 9 years.
- Aside from art, Seer is also fond of pinball.
- Although he has the ability to interrupt most healing actions, Seer cannot stop revives from Lifeline's D.O.C. drone.
- Seer's tactical cannot cancel nor reveal Crypto while he's controlling his drone.
- Seer's left eye glows when using his heartbeat sensor or aiming down sights.
- Seer greatly loves his fanbase, and takes time to respond to their mail. 
- In Seer's holospray "Today The Cursed Ones Triumph," it is shown that his hair is on the left side of his face, however his hair is actually on the right side.
- Due to his complete ostracization from his community on Boreas, Seer had one of the most traumatic childhoods out of all of the Legends. 
- Seer and Octane have a friend/hate relationship with each other, and on occasions will argue with one another.
- Respawn on Twitter
- The Moth and the Flame
- Season 10 Loading Screen - "Lunar Impact Report"
- Stories from the Outlands - Metamorphosis
- Season 10 Loading Screen - "Disciplinary Action"
- Season 10 Loading Screen - "Dear Diary"
- Season 10 Loading Screen - "Keep the Flame"
- Monsters Within Event
- Seer/Rampart Arenas interactions
- Seer/Octane Arenas interactions
- Seer audio teasers
- Amanda Doiron on Twitter
- Amanda Doiron on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Seer's voice lines
- Amanda Doiron on Twitter