Shadowfall was a a limited-time game mode available during the Fight or Fright 2019 event. In this mode, legends become Shadows when they die, and must turn against the remaining legends before they escape.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Takes place in a nighttime Kings Canyon, with a mysterious announcer named Revenant.
- All 35 players are solo until there are 10 left, at which point every remaining legend becomes one team.
- Upon death, players respawn as Shadows on the Shadow Squad, and must kill the remaining legends.
- Shadows cannot pick up weapons or items, or use any abilities. Their only form of attack is melee attacks, which deal 150 damage.
- Shadows move 30% faster, can climb walls infinitely, only have 30 health, and can see legends highlighted in red.
- Shadows can respawn as many times as necessary. They will always respawn by skydiving from a random point just on the outside of The Ring, and can see a marker for where their killer is before they land.
- Legends killed by other legends drop 2-3 extra items along with their deathbox.
- Killing a Shadow restores 25 health, or 25 shields if health is full.
- All players can see the location of every death with markers for legend deaths and shadow deaths.
- Some Supply Bins contain spiders or zombies, which jump out when the bin is opened. Shooting them will drop loot.
- Once only 10 legends remain, an evacuation ship appears somewhere within the ring. It takes 90 seconds to arrive, and stays for 30 seconds to allow players to board.
- When the 90 second wait is up, Shadows become able to see the exact location of the evac ship.
- Players board the ship by getting inside the circle beneath it, or by standing on top of it. Players who are in the ship can't move, but they can still fire at Shadows through the doors.
- If any of the final 10 legends die, they do not become Shadows, but also do not share the victory if other legends board the evac ship.