|“||Valkyrie on standby, ready for anything. Hell, everything."|
|Real Name||Kairi Imahara (今原カイリ)|
|Tactical Ability||Missile Swarm|
|Passive Ability||VTOL Jets|
|Ultimate Ability||Skyward Dive|
|Voice Actor||Erika Ishii|
Valkyrie is a Recon Legend who specializes in flight. Her passive, VTOL Jets allow her to fly for a few seconds but can only use Missile Swarm and while skydiving, she can mark enemies. Her tactical, Missile Swarm can be good for dealing damage, especially while in her passive. Her ultimate, Skyward Dive, can be used to skydive into a new area for exploration.
|Description||Fire a swarm of mini-rockets that damage and disorient the enemy.|
- Launches 12 missiles in a 4x3 array, dealing damage and stunning enemies.
- If a Legend gets hit, the first missile deals 25 damage and every subsequent missile deals 3.
- Needs ample vertical clearance to use, meaning you can't use it on interior spaces with low ceilings.
- Minimum target distance (same elevation) is 12 meters; Maximum target distance is 100 meters horizontally, regardless of elevation difference between target and Valkyrie.
- When within valid range, the crosshair aligns with the closest row's middle rocket
|Description||Press the jump key while in the air to engage jetpack. You can switch between hold and toggle mode in the options menu.|
- While in the air, press Jump again to engage VTOL Jets.
- Using the Jets consumes fuel. The Fuel gauge is on the right side of the screen.
- Activating the VTOL Jets will consume about 12.5% of your total fuel
- Maximum duration is 7 seconds.
- Fuel will begin to refill 8 seconds after the last Jets' usage.
- Fully refueling from empty takes 10 seconds. (1 second will refill 10% of total fuel)
- While using the Jets, Valkyrie cannot use any weapons except for her Missile Swarm.
- Once the Jets are released, there is a 1-second delay (a hand animation will be played) before she can use her weapons.
- Normal flight direction is upwards in the direction Valkyrie is facing.
- Hold ADS to conduct level flight
- Jet-Fighter HUD - Activates while skydiving or using her ultimate, Skyward Dive (in both launch and skydive).
- Marks any enemies within 250 meters with a direct and uninterrupted line of sight to Valkyrie. The champion will be marked with "CH" and the kill leader will be marked with "KL"
- Enemy cannot detect your scan, unlike Bloodhound and Crypto.
- Squadmates attached to Valkyrie also benefit from these target callouts.
- However, bursting the VTOL Jets gives you a burst of speed and provides a slight dodge, at the cost of fuel.
- Change back to Valkyrie will revert this bug.
|Description||Press once to prepare for launch. Teammates can interact with Valkyrie to join the launch. Press again to launch into the air and skydive.|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- Upon usage, Valkyrie enters a setup animation that charges up over 2 seconds, after which she can press Fire to launch ~180m into the air and enter a skydive, similar to using a Jump Tower. Squadmates can press Interact near Valkyrie to launch with her.
- Skyward Dive can be canceled during setup either by taking damage or manually by pressing the Ultimate button again. 75% of its charge is refunded when canceled.
- While in pre-launch, using ping will mark Valkyrie for her squad and display a "Let's fly!" notification in the kill feed.
- Vertical clearance is required for flight.
- This also occurs if activated on a slope, except you'll go straight under the map.
- If you activate it while someone is below an object, the person will get launched under the map and will most likely die.
|Description||Scanning Survey Beacons reveals the next circle's location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
Bold, brash, fiery and fierce, Kairi Imahara isn’t above greasing palms and bending the law. When she was a child, she stole a Titan. It belonged to her dad: callsign Viper. She wanted to be just like him when she grew up. But the next day he left on a mission and never returned. In some ways, she still followed in his footsteps: it wasn't a Titan, but her ship offered a decent living. Her personal life, however, was anything but. During the day, she smuggled precious cargo, and at night, went shot for shot with the outlaws and mercs in the bars. But even though she had her ladies, her liquor, and her love of the sky, she was still obsessed with finding the man who’d put her father in harm’s way: his commander, Kuben Blisk.
She tracked Blisk down, prepared to kill him. But he spoke of her father with respect -- and challenged her to be better. She shot him anyway. But not to kill. Knowing she could get to him was enough. Well, that, and the Apex Games card she took from Blisk’s grasp.
Using the intact flight core from Viper’s Northstar, she built a sleek new jetpack that honored her father’s memory. And that was when Kairi could finally soar on her own… and in a version of her dad’s Titan, a modified Northstar with an enhanced VTOL and flight core, that ended up being hers after all.
There are a total of 47 Legend skins for Valkyrie; 8 Legendary, 5 Epic, 18 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Valkyrie Launch Bundle.
Story of Valkyrie:
- Birthright: Valkyrie ultimately finds her father’s frozen body in space, still in his Titan. He finally receives the funeral he deserves, but she keeps his helmet. Not to mourn his life... but celebrate it.
Turn and Burn
A Toast To The Fallen
Head In The Clouds
Put In The Work
Runs in the Family
The Ghost of Viper
- When Season 6 launched, a Rampart artwork shows her repairing Viper's Northstar Titan. Three seasons later, this is revealed to be a teaser for Valkyrie.
- On April 14, 2021, Apex Legends posted a video on their Twitter celebrating 100 million registered players. At the end of the video, Valkyrie can be seen flying.
- On April 15, 2021, Apex Legends posted a tweet of an image with the caption, "Searching the Stars." Most notably, there are manga volumes, a statue from Angel City, and other Titanfall references.
- On April 17, 2021, a second tweet was posted with the caption, "Seeding the Soil."
- On April 19, 2021, "Northstar" was released.
- On April 22, 2021, the Season 9 Launch Trailer was released.
- On April 26, 2021 the Season 9 Gameplay Trailer was released.
- Valkyrie's abilities are inspired by the Northstar Titan from Titanfall 2.
- Valkyrie is a ship pilot. (She is not a certified Titan Pilot.)
- Valkyrie is a lesbian.
- Valkyrie has a few voice lines that are similarly quoted by Viper, most notably her "Valkyrie sent you" and "Got you in the pipe" lines.
- In voice lines when Valkyrie revives or re-spawns Rampart, she profusely begs Rampart to change the name of Sheila, due to it being the name of her ex-girlfriend.
- Valkyrie shares many similarities with her voice actress, Erika Ishii: They are both mixed race, they are both queer, and they have similar outgoing personalities.
- Valkyrie had a Caucasian father and a Japanese mother. Although Valkyrie was exposed to her mother's heritage, she cannot fluently speak Japanese. Valkyrie can still understand Japanese, and she speaks Japanese to her mother at home, but she is not comfortable with speaking it in public.
Concept art of Valkyrie's Birthright skin.