|“||After the funeral, I stood in our kitchen, and it was so... quiet. I had dreamt of quiet like that, but now that I had it, I was terrified. And alone. I sat on the floor, and I know how silly this sounds, but I hid under the table. That was where they found me. Anita. Makoa. Ajay. Even Dr. Caustic and he hates everybody. They’d just as soon stab each other in the back. Or the front. But they put that all aside. To support me. The electrician’s kid. I thought I knew what family was. But my equations were incomplete. My family is here. At the Games. And now it’s my turn to support them. With every last charge in me.|
|Real Name||Natalie Paquette|
|Height||5'4" (163 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Perimeter Security|
|Passive Ability||Spark of Genius|
|Ultimate Ability||Interception Pylon|
|Voice Actor||Justine Huxley|
Wattson is an electricity-based Defensive Legend. Her tactical ability Perimeter Security places fence poles with connecting beams of electricity that damage and stun enemies that pass through the beams. Her passive ability Spark of Genius causes her shields to slowly regenerate over time and causes an Ultimate Accelerant to fully recharge her ultimate ability. Her ultimate ability Interception Pylon destroys all grenades, missiles, and other throwables when they get near, and will also recharge all players' shields within a certain radius.
- 1 Abilities
- 2 Lore
- 3 Cosmetic Items
- 4 Voice lines
- 5 History
- 6 Teasers
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
|Description||Create electrified fences by connecting nodes. Fences damage and slow enemies.|
- You can hold up to four charges of this ability, and gain one charge every 15 seconds.
- Up to 12 nodes can be active on the map at once; you're able to pick up unused nodes to regain a charge.
- Deploying a new node at the max amount will destroy the oldest node.
- Nodes must be within 30 meters to be able to create a fence between them. A node can be connected with up to 2 other nodes at the same time.
- Fences damage and slow enemies passing through them, and pings the breached fence's location on the screen and map. The damage is 20 for each tick and the slow lasts roughly 3 seconds.
- Fences will temporarily disengage when Wattson or her squadmates pass through them.
- Each node has 25 health.
- Placing wide fences across narrow doorways.
- Placing fences at the top of a ledge an enemy might climb.
- Placing nodes behind railings, planter boxes, or other existing cover on the map.
- Placing fences at the end of a zipline, especially a vertical one.
Spark of Genius
|Spark of Genius|
|Description||Ultimate Accelerants fully charge Wattson's ultimate and she can carry more Ultimate Accelerants. Wattson slowly restores her shields over time.|
|Description||Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields. Standing near Pylons boosts Wattson's tactical recharge rate. (Max: 1)|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- The pylon will also destroy outgoing ordnance if it will land in its radius.
- Deploying a new interception pylon while already having the maximum amount deployed will automatically destroy the oldest pylon.
- Recharges around 5 shields per second (does not apply when using Revenant’s Death Totem).
- The Pylon recharges 250 shields, seen as a countdown around the base or by hovering over the placed Pylon's ping.
- The Pylon has 150 health.
- The Pylon is neutral and therefore can recharge enemy shields and shoot down your squad's ordnance. The shield recharge effect doesn't stack if there are other Pylons nearby.
- The Pylon won't protect you from any ordnance or airstrike if it hasn't got clear sight or if the ordnance has already landed.
- The Pylon can be destroyed by shooting it. It can also block doors and is climbable.
- Perimeter Security charges have 3-second cooldowns instead of 15 when near an Interception Pylon, made by either you or another Wattson.
- Grenades such as Frag Grenades, Thermite Grenades, and Arc Stars.
- Tacticals such as Bangalore’s Smoke Launcher, Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps (while midair), Revenant’s Silence, Horizon's Gravity Lift, Fuse’s Knuckle Cluster, and Valkyrie's Missile Swarm.
- Ultimates such as Bangalore’s Rolling Thunder (only the airstrike), Gibraltar’s Defensive Bombardment, Caustic’s Nox Gas Grenade, Horizon's Black Hole, and Fuse’s The Motherlode.
|“||Natalie “Wattson” Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer, she studied his manuals to stay close to him, and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.
She devoured every book she could on the subject, and eventually became such a skilled engineer that she was commissioned to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home. She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson – anyone who underestimates her is in for a shock.
Natalie Paquette was born in 2711 in Eelhead Bay, Solace to Luc Paquette, an electrical engineer hired by the Mercenary Syndicate. Her mother passed away before she reached the age of one.  As a child, Luc taught his daughter that the world could be a cold and harsh place, though he never introduced the concept of betrayal.  She also gained a strong curiosity for the mechanics of electricity during this time, voraciously reading her father’s books on the subject.
During her childhood, Paquette spent a vast amount of time exploring the nearby island of Kings Canyon, joining her father when he traveled there to work on the electrical systems behind the upcoming Apex Games. She often played hide and seek with the Nessie plushies made by her mother across the island.
Paquette wished to assist her father in his development of the Ring, but met opposition, as he wanted her to enjoy her time as a child. Despite this, she continued researching, and eventually discovered a 21st-century device known as the Active Denial System, used for crowd control. Applying this historical basis on her theory for the Ring, she hypothesized that a mechanism using two dome shields, with one surrounding the island and another progressively shrinking within, this task could be accomplished.
When Paquette proposed this idea to Luc, the two entered into an argument, partly fueled by his frustration at not being able to solve this himself. Paquette stormed off and entered Singh Labs searching for two dome shields. She eventually found them, but fled after a “ghost” threatened her within the underground facility, losing her rubber shoes in the process.
Arriving at what would become the Shattered Forest, she began her experiment despite a raging storm. While she initially met success, a lightning bolt struck her generator. Without rubber to resist the electrical charge, she was thrown against a tree by the blast and incapacitaed as the forest caught fire. Seemingly meeting her death, she was suddenly rescued by the “ghost” she encountered at Singh Labs, who carried her to her father’s cabin. Paquette survived, albeit with several broken bones, a concussion, and a Lichtenberg mark across her body.
The next night, she showed Luc her success, bewildering him. He accepted the design and submitted it to the Mercenary Syndicate, taking full credit at the request of his daughter. In return, Paquette and her father gained a variety of benefits from the Syndicate, such as a new home in Eelhead Bay. 
However, on the day of the Ring’s reveal to the public, Luc passed away, leaving behind his heartbroken daughter.  At his funeral, she hid beneath a table in despair. However, she was soon found by Bangalore, Gibraltar, Lifeline, and Caustic, who comforted her and assured her that she would have a family and home amongst the Legends. 
After the funeral, Paquette was invited to Syndicate Tower to meet Kuben Blisk. He told her that Luc had told him that she had truly created the Ring’s design, and promised that she would always have support and employment from the Syndicate. He additionally gave her a letter written by Luc the night she successfully created the Ring.
The Broken Ghost
After Loba joined the Apex Games, she solicited the assistance of the other Legends (sans Revenant) to hunt down pieces of an artifact on an alternate Kings Canyon, in the Shadowfall dimension. Paquette and Crypto were enlisted to assemble the artifact’s pieces. 
During an early sortie in the Shadowfall dimension, Paquette is injured. She recovered in the back room of the Paradise Lounge, where Caustic gave an unlikely vigil.  Soon after, Revenant arrived to taunt the Legends and the unconscious Paquette. 
She soon regained consciousness,  and she and Crypto continued to assemble the artifact. However, Revenant soon returned in the guise of Crypto’s allegedly unhackable drone, terrorizing the injured Paquette and helping to frame Crypto as a mole within the group.  Crypto attempted to prove his innocence, but the damage was done. Paquette, not knowing who she could trust, was walked home by Wraith. 
Soon after, Gibraltar attempted to meet with several of the Legends and mend the rift between them. However, Paquette stopped him, stating that she simply needed time. 
One Saturday in 2733, Paquette completed an Apex Games match on Kings Canyon. After noticing Caustic holding a bloody bag, she and Rampart followed him to a hidden laboratory, where they found him experimenting on starving prowlers. After he discovers and threatens the two, the prowlers escape and begin rampaging through Solace City.
Paquette later arrived at a local hospital with the other Legends, only to be caught under debris from a landing dropship owned by Boss Willis of the Mercenary Syndicate.  She assisted in fending the Prowlers away from the wreckage. 
Some time after the incident, Crypto invited Paquette to a private meeting. In an attempt to make amends, he revealed his true identity. He additionally revealed his opposition to the Mercenary Syndicate and the target they placed on his back - bewildering Paquette, whose entire life up until that point had revolved around the Syndicate. Paquette gained a new trust in Crypto, and agreed to keep his secret, despite her occasionally slipping up. 
Despite wishing to not concern herself with Caustic, she relents after she recalls his constant coughing, greatly reminding her of her father shortly before his death. Arriving at Caustic Treatment on Kings Canyon, Paquette finds Caustic preparing to test a deadly new strain of his gases on the populace of Solace City. She attempts to stop him, but is seemingly incapacitated by the gas. Caustic, distressed at the sight, runs down to rescue her, but is shocked in retaliation by Paquette.
Paquette, knowing the punishments that would be in store for the scientist, refused to tell the Syndicate about the events, on the condition that Caustic works to become a better person. 
The Legacy Antigen
During the Medusa outbreak, Paquette remained on Olympus to assist Horizon in mitigating the spread of the disease and the encroaching Medusa vines. She was assisting Horizon with research in an underground facility when they are approached by Ash, who demands a reallocation of resources toward securing Arenas sites and saves Horizon from falling debris. 
Afterward, she departs to meet with Mystik, who is a patient interred with an active case from the Legacy Antigen. Initially attempting to conceal her identity, she relents when Mystik is instantly able to tell who she truly is, as Crypto discusses her often in his messages. The two discuss her sons, as well as family life after losing loved ones. Towards the end of their conversation, Mystik begins to have breathing issues and quickly enters cardiac arrest. She is saved by the fortunate intervention of Paquette. 
Trouble in Paradise
During an Apex Games match on Storm Point, Paquette joins a team with Crypto and Horizon, with the former two searching for IMC-manufactured machine parts to repair a communications device. The squad is ambushed by Ash, who is searching for IMC facilities to find objects relating to her past. Paquette redirects the simulacrum to Wraith for information, as she is conducting a similar search. 
Soon after, Paquette conducts an independent search at Storm Point’s lightning rod, stripping the final part she needs to complete the device. She is suddenly cornered by Ash, who seeks to hunt the young Legend down in the hope of exhausting the Paquette bloodline, therefore eliminating any need for her Leigh personality to take over. She then knocks Paquette into a ravine before departing, excited to toy with her prey for a while longer. 
Season 13 Launch Trailer
There are a total of 67 Legend skins for Wattson: 19 Legendary, 10 Epic, 22 Rare and 16 Common.
Chaos Conductor[note 1]
- Was originally named “Charged Conquistador”.
The set contains:
- A Banner Pose: Handled With Care
- A Melee weapon skin: Energy Reader
- A Intro Quip: "Try as you might, you can't Kilowatt...son."
Spread the Wealth}
- Wattson was teased alongside Octane on the game's launch day, when she was briefly shown from a distance in the Apex Legends Gameplay Deep Dive Trailer.
- Wattson is one of two Legends to have a unique animation for reviving a squadmate, the other being Gibraltar. She uses her equipment like a defibrillator.
- The subtle scar on Wattson's face is a Lichtenberg figure, a mark caused by high-voltage equipment or being struck by lightning.
- It is speculated Wattson may have a form of Autism or ADHD, based on her biography and voice lines. This theory has been given subtle nods to by some of the writers and developers of Apex. Tom Casiello has confirmed that Wattson is on the spectrum.
- Wattson is referred to as "The Eye of the Storm" both by herself and her comrades.
- In early concept art, Wattson had a cybernetic arm. That idea got scrapped but it occasionally returns in non-canon skins. The real Wattson has both her arms.
- Wattson has a cat named "Nikola".
- The Nessie Easter eggs are said to have been done by Wattson, she did this when she was growing up and exploring the arena.
- Wattson and Wraith are same height (5' 4") and they are the shortest Legends in the game.
- Though people say the Meltdown Launch Trailer portrays Wattson as taller than Wraith (timestamp 1:47) , this is just a matter of perspective and posture. A much more accurate height comparison between Wattson and Wraith can be seen at timestamp 0:51.
- Wattson considers Wraith her best friend.
- Wattson was unlockable for free between February 15-22, 2022, in celebration of the 3rd Anniversary.
A letter from Wattson's father..
Concept art of the Cyberpunk Wattson Skin..
3D Render of the Cyberpunk Wattson Skin..
Concept art of casual Wattson Outfit for Motion Comics..
- Wattson Loading Screen Text "Inventive Spirit"
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Pathfinder's Quest Chapter 3 - "Devil in the Details"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 7 - "The Shattered Spirit"
- Season 2 Loading Screen - "Inventive Spirit"
- The Broken Ghost Prologue - "The Duplicitous Snake"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 2 - "The Detached Chaperone"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 3 - "The Liberated Narc"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 5 - "The Lying Liar"
- The Broken Ghost Chapter 6 - "The Oblivious Mole"
- Season 6 Loading Screen - "Aftermatch"
- Overtime Issue 3
- Overtime Issue 4
- The Truth
- A Shock To The System
- Red Flags
- The Legacy Antigen Epilogue
- Trouble in Paradise Chapter 3 - "One Step Forward, Three Steps Back"
- Trouble in Paradise Chapter 6 - "One Last Piece"
- Season 13 Launch Trailer
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- A Father's Letter - Wattson
- Hethe Srodawa on Twitter
- X Yang on ArtStation
- Sam Sun on ArtStation
- Horizon - Red Flags, Wattson - Reflections