|“||After the funeral, I stood in our kitchen, and it was so... quiet. I had dreamt of quiet like that, but now that I had it, I was terrified. And alone. I sat on the floor, and I know how silly this sounds, but I hid under the table. That was where they found me. Anita. Makoa. Ajay. Even Dr. Caustic and he hates everybody. They’d just as soon stab each other in the back. Or the front. But they put that all aside. To support me. The electrician’s kid. I thought I knew what family was. But my equations were incomplete. My family is here. At the Games. And now it’s my turn to support them. With every last charge in me.|
|Real Name||Natalie Paquette|
|Height||5'4" (163 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Perimeter Security|
|Passive Ability||Spark of Genius|
|Ultimate Ability||Interception Pylon|
|Voice Actor||Justine Huxley|
Wattson is an electricity-based Defensive Legend. Her tactical ability Perimeter Security places fence poles with connecting beams of electricity that damage and stun enemies that pass through the beams. Her passive ability Spark of Genius causes her shields to slowly regenerate over time and causes an Ultimate Accelerant to fully recharge her ultimate ability. Her ultimate ability Interception Pylon destroys all grenades, missiles, and other throwables when they get near, and will also recharge all players' shields within a certain radius.
|Description||Create electrified fences by connecting nodes. Fences damage and slow enemies.|
- You can hold up to four charges of this ability, and gain one charge every 30 seconds.
- Up to 12 nodes can be active on the map at once; you're able to pick up unused nodes to regain a charge.
- Deploying a new node at the max amount will destroy the oldest node.
- Nodes must be within 20 meters to be able to create a fence between them. A node can be connected with up to 2 other nodes at the same time.
- Fences damage and slow enemies passing through them, and pings the breached fence's location on the screen and map. The damage is 15 for each tick and the slow lasts roughly 1-2 seconds.
- Fences will temporarily disengage when Wattson or her squadmates pass through them.
- Each node has 25 health.
- Placing wide fences across narrow doorways.
- Placing fences at the top of a ledge an enemy might climb.
- Placing nodes behind railings, planter boxes, or other existing cover on the map.
- Placing fences at the end of a zipline, especially a vertical one.
Spark of Genius
|Spark of Genius|
|Description||Ultimate Accelerants fully charge Wattson's ultimate and she can carry more Ultimate Accelerants. Wattson slowly restores her shields over time.|
|Description||Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields. Standing near Pylons boosts Wattson's tactical recharge rate. (Max: 3)|
|Charge time||3 minutes|
- The pylon will also destroy outgoing ordnance if it will land in its radius.
- Deploying a new interception pylon while already having the maximum amount deployed will automatically destroy the oldest pylon.
- Recharges around 2 shields per second (does not apply when using Revenant’s Death Totem).
- The Pylon lasts for 90 seconds, seen as a countdown around the base or by hovering over the placed Pylon's ping.
- The Pylon has 150 health.
- The Pylon is neutral and therefore can recharge enemy shields and shoot down your squad's ordnance. The shield recharge effect doesn't stack if there are other Pylons nearby.
- The Pylon won't protect you from any ordnance or airstrike if it hasn't got clear sight or if the ordnance has already landed.
- The Pylon can be destroyed by shooting it. It can also block doors and is climbable.
- Perimeter Security charges have 3-second cooldowns instead of 30 when near an Interception Pylon, made by either you or another Wattson.
- Grenades such as Frag Grenades, Thermite Grenades, and Arc Stars.
- Tacticals such as Bangalore’s Smoke Launcher, Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps (while midair), Revenant’s Silence, Horizon's Gravity Lift, Fuse’s Knuckle Cluster, and Valkyrie's Missile Swarm.
- Ultimates such as Bangalore’s Rolling Thunder (only the airstrike), Gibraltar’s Defensive Bombardment, Caustic’s Nox Gas Grenade, Horizon's Black Hole, and Fuse’s The Motherlode.
Natalie Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer Luc Paquette, she studied his manuals to stay close to him and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.
She devoured every book she could on the subject, and eventually became such a skilled engineer that she was commissioned by the Syndicate to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home. She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson – anyone who underestimates her is in for a shock.
There are a total of 63 Legend skins for Wattson: 17 Legendary, 8 Epic, 22 Rare and 16 Common.
Chaos Conductor[note 1]
- Was originally named “Charged Conquistador”.
- Wattson is one of two Legends to have a unique animation for reviving a squadmate, the other being Gibraltar. She uses her equipment like a defibrillator.
- The subtle scar on Wattson's face is a Lichtenberg figure, a mark caused by high-voltage equipment or being struck by lightning.
- It is speculated Wattson may have a form of Autism or ADHD, based on her biography and voice lines. This theory has been given subtle nods to by some of the writers and developers of Apex. Tom Casiello has confirmed that Wattson is on the spectrum.
- Wattson is referred to as "The Eye of the Storm" both by herself and her comrades.
- In early concept art, Wattson had a cybernetic arm. That idea got scrapped but it occasionally returns in non-canon skins. The real Wattson has both her arms.
- Wattson has a cat named "Nikola".
- The Nessie Easter eggs are said to have been done by Wattson, she did this when she was growing up and exploring the arena.
- Wattson and Wraith are same height (5' 4") and they are the shortest Legends in the game.
- Curiously, in the Meltdown Launch Trailer, Wattson is portrayed as much taller than Wraith.
A letter from Wattson's father.
Concept art of the Cyberpunk Wattson Skin.
3D Render of the Cyberpunk Wattson Skin.