A harsh planet beset by intense volcanic activity, Talos was once deemed uninhabitable, and only small luddite settlements took root there. However, it became a hotbed of IMC activity when a rare mineral compound was discovered beneath its surface. Heat-reducing towers were built to super-cool its natural lava flows to allow resource extraction - the facility that housed them was optimistically dubbed “New Dawn”, and the town of World’s Edge grew around it.
Decades ago, an explosion in one of the towers covered the surrounding area in a lethal flash freeze. World’s Edge was abandoned, its only remaining inhabitants a small community of hunters who once spurned modern technology (but tentatively accepted it again under the guidance of their beloved local hero, Bloodhound). However, its ruins and the planet’s energy-rich soil drew the attention of two critical groups: the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics. After the Repulsor attack on King's Canyon and the various attempts to rebuild it proved too much trouble than they were worth, World’s Edge became the second home of the Apex Games and a key operational center for Hammond Robotics, who installed the latest in modern mining technology - the Planet Harvester - to begin their own resource extraction.
Sorting Factory, located in this arena, was the site of the murder of James "The Forge" McCormick, an incoming legend, by Revenant. Afterward, the entrance of Hammond Robotics' Planetary Harvester into the arena changed its landscape, devastating Capitol City, and opening up lava fissures. A couple more buildings were erected by Hammond during a season break, the rocket Arcadia was stationed near the Dome area of the arena alongside facilities for its maintenance.
The state of World's Edge reached a breaking point when the Train Yard, Refinery, and Sorting Factory were devastated by the ecological collapse by the Harvester. As such, Hammond Robotics installed the Lava Siphon and Climatizer to regulate Talos's natural volatility. In truth, however, the Climatizer cools the air, while the Lava Siphon heats it back up, which will cause further catastrophe to the planet.
With the Harvester shut down and overtaken by Bloodhound's village, they wish to set their sights on Hammond for devastating their home. Meanwhile, Bloodhound feels immense guilt and responsibility for the state of things in their home and wish to know why they would've allowed such a thing to happen.
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Supply Bins|
|Rampart's Big Maude||High Tier||A Town Takeover added in the Evolution event located near Lava City. There are a few Vend-It machines that allow players to buy special Rampart-modded fully kitted weapons with the Splatter Rounds hop-up, giving them bigger magazines and faster reloads.|
|Bloodhound's Trials||High Tier||A Town Takeover added in The Old Ways event. Formerly known as "Sniper's Ridge", Bloodhound's Trials are located in the North West of the map, overlooking Skyhook. There are a few supply bins on top of the hill but there's also a small arena within that mountain. There you can take on prowlers in increasing difficulties that reward loot when beaten. There are two doors to access it and an open hole at the top of the hill to enter.||6|
|Climatizer||High Tier||(Replacing Refinery in Season 10 Emergence,) Climatizer is located on the northeast side of the map; NNW of Overlook, East of Survey Camp, and NE of Epicenter. Adjacent to the, Fissure Crossing, which is a bisecting dam of the fissure to the SSW. It features 2 ridable Gondolas that connect 2 large research buildings, that have 5 cloud-seeding towers (very noisy) semi-circling both. Also, 2 larger Cloud-Seeding Towers sit atop of circular, (2-level) structures over the fissure, that connect via an "H" set of crosswalks. Outside of the complex's walls (along the North & East,) you will find container storage sites & a few smaller buildings.||?|
|Countdown||High Tier||Once known as "Drill Site", Countdown is located southwest of Skyhook. It features multiple pits of lava, an opening floor in the very center the player can get high-tier loot out of, as well as three Blast Walls to help fortify a squad’s position.||21|
|Fragment East||High Tier||Fragment East is one of the remnants of Capitol City after the devastation brought about by the arrival of the Planet Harvester. It contains the rest of the still-standing Capitol City buildings and a couple of destroyed ones. The train station for Capitol City is also in this area.||17|
|Fragment West||Mid Tier||Fragment West is one of the remnants of Capitol City after the devastation brought about by the arrival of the Planet Harvester. It contains most of the former Capitol City including one of the large Parking lots and eight of its buildings.||14|
|Fissure Crossing||Basic Tier||Fissure Crossing is a large dam that is located directly south next to Climatizer and north of Epicenter. There are many ziplines and stairways to get to the top of the dam.||?|
|Harvester||High Tier||Formally the "Planet Harvester", the Harvester is a huge multi-story structure on the center of the map with lots of entrances and exit points on multiple levels along with long corridors. The beam that used to pillar into the sky is now deactivated due to over-mining, now letting players access the pathway of the beam.||24|
|Hill Valley||Basic Tier||Hill Valley is a crossroad for players coming from Fragment West, Landslide, Skyhook, and Countdown. There is a terraforming drill located on its northern side that acts as a watchtower of sorts, giving you a great vantage point. Otherwise, the area is just hills with loot bins scattered around (most on the tunnel going to Skyhook.)||6|
|Landslide||Mid Tier||Landslide is located where Train Yard used to be, being southeast of Countdown and north of Staging. Landslide is an open area that houses a few train cars, and a large crane that snipers can perch on.||?|
|Launch Site||High Tier||Launch Site is located in the far south part of the map, west of The Dome and south of Sorting Factory. It featured a huge rocket created by Hammond Robotics above the normal playing area that has the word “Hammond” vertically on it, however, as of Season 7, the rocket has disappeared. It also has one Blast Wall to fortify a squad’s position.|
|Lava City||High Tier||Lava City features heavily burnt buildings which are similar to those in Fragments East and West. It also has a smaller version of The Dome in it as well. It is located in the southeast portion of the map. It also has a destroyed train which has some loot onboard.||14|
|Lava Fissure||High Tier||Lava Fissure is located on the west side of the map, near Countdown. It consists of platforms anchored to the rocks suspended above a lava pit, there are three buildings on the platforms and a fourth to the west next to the train line. The Respawn Beacon is in an interesting place, right in the middle of the platforms in a small cylinder with a rotating door that can trap people inside.||23|
|Lava Siphon||High Tier||Lava Siphon is located southeast of Harvester and west of Geyser. It is a large area that contains three gondola stations, and a research facility that goes into the mountain range. The facility is expansive on the inside, with a couple of small rooms near the entrance, and a big room near the back.||?|
|Overlook||High Tier||Overlook is located on the far eastern side of the map. It has buildings similar to Survey Camp dotted on the landscape. The main part is the overhanging walkways, buildings, and platforms on the very edge of the map giving Overlook its name. Be careful when using characters with movement abilities as it's very easy to fall into the abyss.||19|
|Staging||High Tier||Replacing "Hot Springs", Staging is located between Harvester, Thermal Station, and The Train Yard. It features two Blast Walls and cranes which are supposedly used for deconstructing The Train.||8|
|Skyhook||High Tier||Based on the Space Elevator from Titanfall, Skyhook is comprised of a large city on the northeast side of the map. There are various skyscrapers around with the famous Space Elevator Tower in the center. There's also a train station where the train used to stop when at Skyhook.||26|
|Spring's End||Mid Tier||North of Thermal Station, the old Mirage Voyage used to be parked here.||?|
|Storage Room||High Tier||A small area inside The Rain Tunnel with scattered static train cars and a redeploy balloon in the center.||?|
|Survey Camp||High Tier||Survey Camp is located in the north of the map, next to Skyhook and north of Fragment West. There are a few buildings and one sniper tower located here. It also contains Weapon Racks for easy loot at the start of a game. The Respawn Beacon is very open however and is not worth using mid-fight.||10|
|Thermal Station||High Tier||Thermal Station is a large area on the southwest of the map that is essentially divided into four zones: the central drill area, the small group of houses on its western edge, the larger village on its southern edge and the Thermal Station Train Station to its eastern edge. It is located west of The Tree and south of Staging and Harvester.||58|
|The Bridge||Basic Tier||The Bridge is a Railway Bridge located between Train Depot, Lava Fissure, and Harvester. It overlooks and Countdown.||0|
|The Dome||High Tier||The Dome is a large shattered sphere located in the far southeast of the map, just south of Lava City. It has various platforms anchored to the sides of the Dome with a few buildings on each side of the platforms. As the name suggests, lava is a "noticeable" hazard here and is very likely to fall into it.||30|
|The Epicenter||High Tier||The Epicenter is a large drill tower that was the source of the "Meltdown" accident that lead to the abandonment of World's Edge. Its frozen central tower can easily be seen as far as Hill Valley.||24|
|The Geyser||High Tier||The Geyser is a small facility to the east of the map with its namesake Geyser, which can be used like a Jump Tower, located in the middle. It is located south of Underpass, east of The Ridge and Sorting Factory, and north of Lava City.||17|
|The Mining Pass||Basic Tier||Mining Pass is a small tunnel going to and from Train Yard, Harvester, and Staging. It also contains a Vault||8|
|The Rain Tunnel||Basic Tier||The Rain Tunnel is a T-Shaped train tunnel located in the north of the map. Its western entrance goes to Skyhook, while its eastern and southern entrances go to Survey Camp and West Fragment respectively.||9|
|The Tree||High Tier||The Tree is located in the southwest of the map, near Thermal Station. The main attraction of this location is the strange-looking plant in the center which has the appearance of a large leaf. There are a few geysers around for flying away as well and it's located next to the tracks for the train.||11|
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Current Location|
|Capitol City||Mid Tier||The Capitol City was one of the cities in World's Edge, located on the center of the map. The city had ice and snow covering it due to the Meltdown. In Season 4, devastation was brought to the city, and what remained of it became Fragment East and Fragment West.||Fragment East and Fragment West|
|Drill Site||Mid Tier||Drill Site is a small settlement located west of Hill Valley, south of Skyhook and Uncharted Territories, and east of Lava Fissure. The buildings in this area are laid out in a circle with a terraforming drill tower in the middle.||Countdown|
|Fuel Depot||Mid Tier||Harvester|
|The High Ground||Mid Tier||Harvester|
|Refinery||High Tier||Refinery is located on the northeast side of the map, north of Epicenter and east of Survey Camp. It has one large building in the center, two large circular buildings in the back, and various small buildings on the east side.||Climatizer|
|Sniper's Ridge||High Tier||This area overlooks Uncharted Territories and Skyhook. A couple of bins in this area are guaranteed to spawn snipers or sniper attachments.||Bloodhound's Trials|
|Mirage Voyage||High Tier||A Town Takeover added in the Holo-Day Bash event. It features a Supply Ship with a lot of loot and a lot of Mirage decoys. At the bar section, the disco ball is a cargo pod, you can spawn two more cargo pods by starting the party on the upper deck of the ship. It was moved to Kings Canyon in Season 7.||Spring's End|
|Hot Springs||Mid Tier||Hot Springs is a small area located between Mining Pass, Harvester, Mirage Voyage, and Thermal Station. It is three buildings laid out in a circular shape with a Respawn Beacon in the center.||Staging|
|Sorting Factory||High Tier||Sorting Factory is located near the center of the map. It's made up of a few large buildings with a few smaller ones dotted around. The biggest building is one that curves around the side of the Mountain and contains a vast quantity of loot.||Lava Siphon|
|The Train||High Tier||The Train runs along the tracks around World's Edge and have a high chance of spawning high-tier loot, including at least two Epic Body Shields and a Fully kitted weapon. It was stopped, dismantled, and scattered around World’s Edge in Season 6.||None|
|The Train Yard||High Tier||The Train Yard is located near the center of the map west of Fragments East and West. As the name suggests this area has many train carriages to duck into and collect loot from. They also have a few carriages suspended in the air for sniping.||Landslide|
- Ziplines: Yellow highlighted ziplines are set between certain locations across the map. Players can use them to travel between points across large distances and are activated with the Interact Key. They come in two variants: vertical, which only carry the player up; and horizontal, bi-directional lines that can carry players far distances. Players can drop off with the Jump Key and reconnect to ziplines at any time. Ziplines that are part of the map are permanently connected with tall zipline poles or are connected directly into the environment. Horizontal ziplines can be traveled across in either direction, regardless of incline. Also, note that Pathfinder can create ziplines with his ultimate ability, but can only establish them up to a certain distance and only horizontally. Players cannot interact with ziplines while downed. Wraith cannot use zipline while activating her ultimate ability, as both of her arms are occupied.
- Balloons: High altitude red balloons, connected by a vertical zipline, are scattered throughout the map. Interacting with one of these air balloons will send your legend up the zip line and automatically deploy your glide upon reaching the top, allowing you to traverse the map quickly. You can drop off the balloon zipline at any time by pressing the jump or crouch key, but this will not deploy your glide.
- Geysers: Geysers are similar to Balloons, in which you re-launch into the sky, but work much faster.
- Lava: Found frequently on the south side of the map, walking on lava deals about 16 damage per second (8 damage per tick).
- Doors: Metal doors typically come in single or double pairs, with large, unbreakable doors being present in certain areas. Doors can be opened and closed by pressing the interact key, or by shooting the handle with certain weapons. Regular doors can open by being kicked open by using a melee attack on them and broken by melee twice. Bullets do not go through doors but doors can be destroyed by explosive damage or kicking them down.
- Train: The train moves along a rail that encompasses most of the map. There are several supply bins on the train, and at the front is a control panel that can be used to stop the train at any time. It doesn't move anymore, but the cars are scattered around the tracks on World's Edge.
- Gondolas: Gondolas are moving platforms at certain POIs. Their purpose is for moving around the large areas that they are featured in. When stepping onto a gondola, it waits for a few seconds before moving across the line at a moderate speed. As it reaches it's destination, it slows down so that passengers can exit the carriage.
- Respawn Beacons: Respawn Beacons are scattered all across the map so that players may respawn dead teammates, as long as at least one squad member has retrieved their banner. Respawn beacons are a one-use feature but up to two team members may be respawned at once. Respawn Beacons can be used by any player, but once used, is deactivated for the rest of the match. These beacons are often surrounded by 1-3 supply bins to resupply the respawned teammate. To activate a beacon, hold the interact key while close to it, and after a few seconds teammate will be airlifted in. Unlike while looting a death box, the player cannot strafe while activating the beacon, much like reviving a downed teammate. Also, Crypto's Surveillance Drone can activate them instantly.
- Hot Zone: At the start of each match, a random location on the map is designated as a Hot Zone, indicated by a pulsing blue circle marker. Indicating that, around that area, there will be higher quality loot and a chance of finding a Fully kitted weapon.
- Supply Bins: Found throughout the map, supply bins are a common source of loot alongside ground loot, supply drops, and the supply ship. These supply bins carry between 1 and 4 items ranging from healing items, grenades, armor, or weapons and their respective ammo. Ordnance is found in groups of 1 while ammo and heals can be found in stacks with double their original amounts. In certain areas, Supply bins are on an elevator-like mechanic. These bins will be available for a certain time before going back into the ground.
- Cargo Bots: Cargo Bots fly around the map carrying orbs that cycle through Blue, Purple, and Gold colors (occasionally there will be a cargo bot that only cycles through Rare and Legendary). When shot, it will drop the orb, which contains loot appropriate to the color it was shot. Some cargo bots also give off Red lights, indicating that they will drop a Vault Key. The disco balls of the Mirage Voyage work the same way.
- Vaults: Vaults are locked rooms full of Epic and Legendary loot. They can only be accessed with a Vault Key from a Cargo-Bot, and take three seconds to unlock. Also, Crypto's Surveillance Drone can open them.
- Weapon Racks: Weapon Racks hold a single gun. However, this feature guarantees a gun where they are located as opposed to just dropping and picking up random loot.
Season 6 map update.