|“||I've seen a world where I'm not a Legend... and I've seen a world where I am. We all make choices in our lives, every second, every day, and those choices... they define us, but they don't control us. We are our future, not our past. No matter what choice you make, the world you're in is the world you chose... Accept it. One day you're a Legend, the next you're something else. So be it, nothing will control me.|
|Real Name||Renee Hope Blasey|
|Height||5’4" (163 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Into the Void|
|Passive Ability||Voices from the Void|
|Ultimate Ability||Dimensional Rift|
|Voice Actor||Shantel VanSanten|
Wraith is a Legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
A versatile Offensive Legend, Wraith can reposition and flank her enemies with her abilities. Using Into the Void will allow Wraith to reposition or take cover while being invincible while her Dimensional Rift can allow her squad to be safely transported over long distances. Finally, her Voices from the Void passive can give her and her teammates' warnings about enemies approaching.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Subject 61137, Codenamed "Wraith", is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute swift and deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC Detention Facility for the Mentally Ill with no memory of her life before. She also began hearing a distant voice whispering in her mind that would keep her awake for days on end, nearly driving her insane.
She was in the facility one day when a portal opened before she was to be sedated. A person wearing a purple helmet came out, scaring the facility staff away. The person berated her for not fighting back and revealed herself to Wraith. She was her from another dimension, on a quest for revenge on the people who experimented on her. With this Voidwalker's help, she learned to trust the voices and was given the device needed for her to safely manipulate the void.
Using a portal to the Voidwalker's dimension enabled her to escape her facility, arriving in Kings Canyon - still under construction for the Apex Games. Determined to uncover her true identity, Wraith began a quest to find out more about the experiments and herself. Many of the old research facilities, however, are buried beneath the heavily guarded arenas used for the Apex Games. She now returns to where she arrived in this world and joined the competition, and with every match, she gets closer to the truth.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Into the Void[edit | edit source]
|Into the Void|
|Description||Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage.|
- Wraith plays two animations when activating this ability, which takes 1.25 seconds in total. In the first second, she plays a "focusing" animation. In the last 0.25 seconds Wraith "activates" the ability.
- Wraith skips the "Focusing" animation while using Dimensional Rift.
- There is a brief delay when entering and exiting the void during which Wraith is unable to perform any other action. Movement is also slowed by 20% unless Dimensional Rift is also active.
- Upon activation, Wraith enters the void for 4 seconds. While in the void, the screen will turn greyscale, you become invulnerable, and will gain a 30% speed boost. You will still be able to see enemies.
- Enemies can see a wispy blue trail showing where you're going while in the void.
- While in the void, Wraith is unable to interact with some objects in the world, including doors and objects placed by abilities, but can use ziplines.
- You can use this ability while using Dimensional Rift.
- While in the void, Wraith leaves no clues for Bloodhound's Tracker. There are, however, unique clues for entering and exiting phase.
- The ability will not activate if Wraith is hit by Revenant’s Silence (before it activates). Wraith will be able to use it again once the silence runs out.
- While in the void, weapons will still automatically reload if they have a level 4 Extended Mag equipped.
- This ability takes 1.25 seconds to activate, so be careful what your health is at when using it as an escape tool, try using it when your health is about half-way damaged.
- Be sure to reach safety as you exit the void since there is a delay before you can do anything else.
- If you press your ultimate ability button when it’s not charged before Into the Void activates, it will not activate.
- Climbing a wall will stop the ability from activating.
- In rare cases, Wraith can still take damage while using the ability.
- Using this ability then entering a portal immediately after it ends or before it starts removes the cooldown.
Voices from the Void[edit | edit source]
|Voices from the Void|
|Description||A voice warns you when danger approaches. As far as you can tell, it's on your side.|
- You hear a spectral voice audibly warn you if:
- An enemy is aiming at you
- An enemy with a sniper rifle is aiming at you
- There are traps nearby
- There are many enemies nearby
- Many people have died near you
- When you hear the voice, you can share the info with your squadmates.
- As Voices from the Void warns you when someone is aiming at you, you can easily go out into the open with decreased danger, provided you have nearby cover to retreat to. When combined with your Into the Void ability, this passive makes avoiding ambushes very easy.
- Sometimes the voices do not activate.
Dimensional Rift[edit | edit source]
|Description||Link two locations with portals for 60 seconds, allowing anyone to use them.|
|Charge time||3.5 minutes|
- Wraith places one end of a portal where she activates the ability, then runs to another location and places the other end. Players can then pass through the portal to take that same path through the void at 5x the speed they would otherwise. It can be used in either direction.
- Wraith can run roughly 75 meters before placing the other end of the portal. The Rift Energy is shown on top of your H.U.D. upon activation and does not drain while standing still.
- If Wraith uses less than 4.72% of the Rift Energy, then places the other end of a portal, it will be canceled, allowing her to keep her ultimate charge at 100%.
- While running to place the other end, Wraith cannot use any weapons, items, or map features, but she does receive a 25% speed bonus and can skip the Into the Void 'Focusing' animation.
- Wraith cannot use another Dimension Rift while placing hers, that is she only simply goes past the rift without entering it.
- Players taking the portal are invulnerable and leave a faint blue trail, much like Wraith while using Into the Void.
- Portals will disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside The Ring.
- The speed bonus while placing the portals does not stack with Into the Void's speed bonus.
- Players are the only things able to pass through portals. No projectiles, objects, Crypto drones, or Mirage decoys can use them.
- Wattson's Perimeter Security fences can be built intersecting the portal since it is intangible.
- Players cannot use a portal for two seconds after being recalled by Revenant’s Death Totem.
- Can be destroyed by Horizon’s Black Hole.
- This ability is best used to help your squad escape when backed into a corner.
- The portal can be used to help downed teammates to quickly travel or to bait enemies if done correctly.
- You can use your abilities while placing a portal.
- The portal rift follows you, and when it is placed, it places you where you are facing. Make sure to face the direction you want when you place the portal.
- Multiple players can take the portal at the same time instead of waiting for one to exit.
- You can place the exit of the portal at the edge of a map and any enemies that fall for the bait will fall to their deaths or into a map feature that does environmental damage. Be careful when doing this as your teammates can fall victim to this method.
- Sometimes players cannot enter the portal.
- Sometimes players may travel through the portal slower than intended.
- Activating the portal, then activating Into the Void, and then closing the portal as soon as you enter the void allows you to shoot while downed.
- Creating a portal in Death Protection at more than 75 meters away from the Death Totem, then being recalled to the totem, can cause the portal to go further than 75 meters.
- Entering a portal immediately before or after using Into the Void removes the cooldown.
- Using a portal and opening an explosive hold at the same time will cause the game to crash.
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 70 Legend skins for Wraith; 22 Legendary, 8 Epic, 24 Rare and 16 Common.
- The skin was named "Ghostwraith" on release, but was changed to its current name.
- Included in the Wicked Wraith Bundle.
- “Once a senior science Pilot, Dr. Renee Blasey was driven to unlock the secrets of Phase tech and volunteered for experimental trials. The tests went wrong and stripped her of her memories - but ARES wasn’t willing to let her go so easily.”
- “Wraith spent years as an ARES Division test subject, exposed to increasingly dangerous experiments. She had lost hope of ever escaping until she met an unlikely ally: herself, from another dimension.”
- Chilled Out - February 2021
- Woad Warrior - 700[note 1]
- Included in the Quick Draw Wraith Bundle.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Now You See Me
Heirloom Set[edit | edit source]
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Kunai
- A Banner Pose: Fearless
- An Intro Quip: "You know what I look like - come find me."
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Holo-Sprays[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice lines[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wraith's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Phase Shift tactical ability.
- An audio log found in-game inside the research labs reveals Wraith was a Research Science Pilot.
- When using Into the Void, the player can see silhouettes of other Wraith players using the ability at the same time as them.
- Wraith's top three friends among the Legends, in no order other than alphabetical, are Mirage, Pathfinder, and Wattson.
- Wraith's sprint animation used to be what is infamously dubbed the "Naruto run" where she tucks her head forward and runs with her hands behind her back. This was removed because it made her too difficult to hit compared to other Legends, even ones with the same hitbox as her such as Lifeline and Wattson. This animation is still present, but can only be seen while Wraith uses Into the Void in third person view, however, this is negligible as Wraith is invulnerable while using the ability anyway. 
- As Wraith learns more and more about her herself before she lost her memories, she is actively trying to avoid becoming the person she was. Renee was described as short-tempered, lacking empathy, and a danger to her colleagues.
- Wraith used to have a "small" hitbox (like Lifeline and Wattson), but it was made slightly bigger in Season 8 to lower her incredibly high win rate. As a result, she now has a slightly bigger hitbox than Lifeline and Wattson.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
IMC report on the Wraith project.
Concept art of Wraith.
Concept art of Wraith Legendaries.
Concept art of Voidwalker Wraith.
Wraith's heirloom kunai.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wraith Loading Screen Text "Liberation"
- Pathfinder's Quest, chapter 4
- Stories from the Outlands – “Voidwalker”
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Carlos Pineda on Twitter
- Carlos Pineda on Twitter
- Carlos Pineda on Twitter
- John Larson | JayBiebs on Twitter
- Apex Devstream // Season 8 Launch!
- A Mysterious Report - Wraith
- Hethe Srodawa on Artstation
- Kejun Wang on Artstation
- corwin paradinha on Artstation